Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the SKS Chicom for holding STANAG's?

Thanks for the kind words. The SKS Chicom is pretty ideal for holding M4/STANAG mags, although you can only fit one mag per pouch.

The 3 middle pouches cover the mags pretty much entirely, as you can see, so magpuls of some variety help a lot. I've not got mags in the shorter side pouches, as I'm running a 4 mag velcro shingle affair under the chicom, but they also fit M4 mags nicely and don't come up as far so it's easier to grab mags.

The only thing that I think a chicom really needs is some fastex buckles, so I added some to the shoulder straps and back strap. Mainly to make the rig easier to take off, especially if I ever need to get it off in a hurry. Asides from that I feel it's hard to beat a chicom as a dirt cheap, lightweight, efficient and lowprofile rig.

- CapaciousZepher

Capacious, really good impression man!!

And now, i need the help of all of you dudes!

I´m making an old style delta impression (98-01 aprox). By now i´ve got: the PT-1, rigers belt, bolle x-500, black balaclava, hatch kneee pads, od nomex flight gloves, safariland 3004 for 1911+610r, drop leg gas mask bag and a raid dcu.

On few weeks i´ve got also: pro-tec half cut helmet, devgru frogman, LC II belt (with 2xquarter canteen pouch & canteen, suspenders and IFAK pouch), motorola saber dummy, ITT ANVIS mount.

But i need your help on my 2nd line! i don´t know what to get:

- BHI DOAV?? wl,bk or od??: I know that bk and wl were used, but...

- AWS Chest rig?? This was and is used by deltas so theres no problem with it

- EI TAC-V10?? od or bk?? I know that delta has used this vest

- RACK?? on wl?? I´ll supose that this vest could be used due to many of the operators comes from the regiment.

- AWS trauma vest in wl?? I know that SF used it, but deltas?

Any help could be very apreciated and rewarded with a couple on beers if you come to Madrid!! LOL!

Regards!

Fairly sure that as soon as you start playing in that, your shemagh will fall off, it looks like it's just draped over your head, do it properly, and not only will you look 100% more badass, it won't fall off whilst you cane it about.

Yeah, I've had painted M4's as well, so I'm not painting this one. Just a personal decision.

I may go to one mount for the light, we'll see.

Regarding the Shemagh, it would be tied up more firmly in a skirmish situation for sure. For the pics I had it draped for the sitting down shots, and then just continued with it for the other shots. But yeah, I wouldn't skirmish with it like that, because yes, it would fall off.

- CapaciousZepher

More pics from the same training event as posted above:

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTStut.jpg

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTS-2.jpg

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTS-3.jpg

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTS-5.jpg

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTS-4.jpg

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTS-6.jpg

U.S. Army Special Forces Soldiers train Romanian and Hungarian forces March 24, 2009, in the Military Operations in Urban Terrain facility, which is managed by the 7th Army Joint Multinational Training Command, Stuttgart Training Support Center, Stuttgart, Germany. (U.S. Army photo by Eric Steen/Released)

Also found this, from Exercise Southbound Trooper IX earlier in the year:

3rdSFGdemostreetcrossing.jpg

U.S. Soldiers from Alpha Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) demonstrate how to properly move across a road during exercise Southbound Trooper IX on Fort Pickett, Va., Feb. 17, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Matthew S. Friberg/Released)

AA-thanks for posting those pics. I finally get to see the Elcan DR in use with the Docter back-up reflex sight. Too bad there's no replica-yet. I wonder why they have the regular full-color flags and not the usual IR flag. (Block 2 FTmW!)

Edited by Hispeed1
they are not deployed, nor training at night = no IR flags needed

Oh wow-thanks Medic23. I've always wondered about that. Makes sense because in the pics we see in the sandbox, ops have the IR flag patch. I wonder if the tan color flag patch is permitted besides the full-color one if they aren't deployed.

in the previous pics what ammo is being used is that whats called simunition? how does it work

Think of a paintball on the end of a normal pistol cartridge instead of a lead slug. Expensive and a little dangerous but very real weapons function.