Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is:  How do you add the mag catch guard onto the R85A1?  Having used the Academy and the G&G L85A1 the mag dropping issue annoys me (like the FAMAS mag issue). 

What makes me not want to get it is essentially just that small detail.

Rest the mag on an ammo pouch & check it religiously every few seconds to make sure it's still in your weapon.I never lost a mag even when it got scary in a shooty way.No one ever allowed me to fix bayonet in anger but i know not to rest the muzzle on a wall when a Bayonet is fixed{oh that's right we have no need of the bayonet in airsoft}.

Does anyone make a BFA for one of these guns for use in a safe zone or do i have to ebay a real one{if i can find one}

Ok, I have so far passed 4500 rounds through the Army R85 swiching randomly between fully Auto and Semi-Auto with mixed types of firing.

I have also been recyling the BB;s from out of the catch bin without cleaning them and so far no problems what so ever, this is without disabling the EBB action either.

all sounds really good so far.  can u give us a guesstimate on the fps plz fareast. great review

I have a Chronograph that i can run it through but it's late here in Japan and my little one is asleep so I will post an FPS tomorrow as well as passing another 2000 odd BB's through the weapon.