A&K M249 Price

happy.al

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That can't be right! $200 including shipping? There's no way that's possible. The thing must be full plastic, cheap plastic! Unless they're being assembled by kids in sweatshops. I have to see this thing!

And if I've got some bad wiring I've got a bamboo cane and plane tickets to china at the ready! (How do you say "work faster!" in mandarin?)

I think most people would be bothered if its made in so called sweat shops. Maybe someone could try and find out, maybe materials in china are just so cheap or they have super fast workers? Or not in it for big profit. Remember they clone something so save alot of RnD costs.

I think most people would be bothered if its made in so called sweat shops. Maybe someone could try and find out, maybe materials in china are just so cheap or they have super fast workers? Or not in it for big profit. Remember they clone something so save alot of RnD costs.

Cheap labour, cheap materials, no R&D as you said.

China practically mas produces EVERYTHING!

And the fact that labour over there is really cheap because of the size of the population. So many out of work people that they would work for a bowl of rice a day!

Used to live in Hong Kong and went to China a few times, great place, but you can see everyone and anyone would work for pennies worth, as thats the only way to survive.

From the promo shots on ascuk they look to have metal uppers and outer barrels along with a few other smaller bits and a pgc/ca style m249 gearbox. At any rate for £80-90 with about £40 postage its still a bargin even if the whole gearbox needs replacing.

The only bad thing is now I have to decide bewteen a Star M60 and A&K M249

I already have been promised a pre-release version for an Arnie's exclusive just like the R85 so keep posted!

I've said it before and I'll sat it again. I hate you fareast :P

Only joking ;) I'll be looking forward to your review

Count me in for two or three. Is there anyway to weild 3 at once?

Yup you just need to make a crotch mount for the 3rd one :blink:

Any idea on release dates yet?

According to keith he'll be getting the evaluation one around the end of the month so I'm guessing they'll be availible shortly after that.

Can't be the price... Can't be the price... Can't be the price...

*looks at poor as nails bank account*

Can't be the price... Can't be the price... Can't be the price...

*tears at hair*

Why does it seem like all the good stuff comes out when I can only afford very few!

I'm just dreading the 15 of them that will show up at my skirmish site in the next month... :(  I though hicaps were bad.

*Curses the Heavens*

If you can't beat them, join them.

Or stop being a baby and start building remote electro det systems to pyro them! oh wait, you can't :P

Paint soft comes to mind here.....

It'll be people with rifles and not MGs in the minority....

My thought exactly, The main reason We're not flooded already was because of their high price. But with that gone, whats to stop the flooding? <_<

The moment I heard it would be 300-500$ I automatically thought "OMG I should get one!" So I can imagine others thinking the same way. :flamed:

Of course its un-realistic for me to carry around a 20 pound SAW. So soon after that, the thought left my mind. :P

But my point stands.

To be honest, this doesn't seem like a good thing to me. A

Cheap SAW seems like a good idea but think about it, Do you want to face a whole team of SAW gunners? :waggle:

Archived