bangs

heroshark

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We officially removed the 'bang' rule from the breifing purely because it was becoming abused with people calling bang from ridiculous ranges and then getting hissy about it when someone shot them back in return.

The official party line now is for a call to surrender. This can be accepted and you walk, or not accepted and you get hosed.

Unofficially, the experienced players still call 'bang' at extremely close ranges and on the whole, the experienced players will be happy to take it.

Some, like me, would prefer to be shot at, no matter what the range, I find it helps me improve. There are many problems that can occur on a shot such as empty mag, gassing out, or just being a plain old ###### shot that will mean you miss your target no matter how close you are. Its bad luck, but its YOUR bad luck.

I agree that if you are within a MED for a weapon, you should not use it, and if you dont have a secondary that doesnt have a MED then tough luck (you are effectively unarmed). No point in shouting bang from 15ft away. Thats just silly. I understand that in real life, you wouldnt worry about a MED, but this ISNT real life, so you should just accept it and deal with it.

As a bearer of a high powered long arm I am constantly subject to MED and will use my secondary if the situation arises. This often means I am hosed because they can fire their AEG faster than I can draw my Mk23, such is life. I need to draw faster. Conversely, I also find the situation where I do not fire at a target who is within the MED because drawing my sidearm will reveal my position and they in turn will be able to hose me faster.

Also, if entering a CQB situation, I will actually drop the rifle and draw the pistol, so there is no chance of me accidentally firing a shot off with the rifle is someone surprises me.

we have quite a close section of CQB buildings and they are dark inside. It takes experience and self control to clear it sensibly.

By this I mean, controlled small bursts at targets, low shooting to avoid headshots. Yeah, they may sting a little, but nothing more.

(remember I have had a tooth shot out by a stock TM MP5 at 10m, I am more than aware of the potential dangers no matter what the range).

It all boils down to honesty, experience and self control. Lack any of these for even a split second, and the ethos of airsoft dissolves and you end up with situations that go awry. Be you on the recieving end, or issuing the 'kill'.

Remember, its a game. Get hissy and you spoil it not only for yourself, but for everyone around you. Have a problem, go see a marshal, thats what they are there for.

I think what I was trying to say with the second part of my post is- the "Bang" rule is pretty rubbish for situations where there's any doubt whatsoever as to the outcome of an encounter. If the other guy might have spotted you, or you're not nigh-on poking your opponent in the back with the gun, then you might miss, or your opponent might fire first, or your gun might jam or all kinds of other things. That, to me, is part of what makes the game interesting, and to lose out on it by just shouting "Bang!" seems a bit rubbish- while at the same time shooting someone when your gun's muzzle is literally in the small of their back, they haven't noticed you and they're facing away from you seems more than a little unsporting.

So if there's any doubt, I prefer to shoot or be shot, whereas if it's a knife kill situation or a clear gase of getting the drop, a "tag" or "knife" kill should be made or a surrender offered.

Surrender kills are often a bit iffy though, so I still prefer to shoot unless it's absolutely crystal that my opponent has no chance.

Why is it the local Hong Kong players exclaim "Bingo!" instead of "bang"? I will never understand.

HAHA! I didn't remember this but now it all comes back. Another thing is this pronounciation the letter n in the beginning of the word. Some targets are "lo shoots" (no shoots) and when calling for the next shooter on line, it's "lext shooter".

kerberos: As others already filled in and what I was trying to say, is that MED means that you simply can't eliminate the other player if you're within the set limit. With this in mind, you can re-read my previous posts for clarification of what kind of safety measures I think are sensible and keep the game running.

The surrender-rule is cool, but only works if you could also choose to shoot. I.E. it doesn't make sense to call a surrender within a minimum safe engagement distance, because then the opponent can simply refuse, knowing you can't shoot him in any case.

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

That's another good point about the bang rule, it takes skill.

Anyone can just spot the enemy and open fire, but only a few can sneak up on them and bang them from behind before they realise what's going on.

Um, maybe I should rephrase that?

Then again, as someone who spends every other sunday down the woods with a load of likeminded young men and teenage boys spraying white stuff at each other, maybe not ;)

Bang kill can be IMMENSELY satisfying and fun.

Such as yesterday when I, dressed like this...

DSCF0944.jpg

...jumped out on a player at pointblank range with gun in one hand and bible in the other yelling "BACK YE DEMONS!".

He took the hit :D

For a guy who was trying to say he didn't have room on his motorbike for a pistol, you manage to find room for some other rather unneccesary props. :rolleyes:

;)

Archived