bangs

heroshark

Hi I'm new here so go easy on me if I'm doing or saying anything wrong .I was reading a very long thread about full face protection(which up to the owner of the face if they don't mind it getting shot up) in cqb when someone mentioned the bang rule.I have never banged anyone at all ,the people I play with would prefer to take a hit (I also take great pleasure causing pain ,especially to my friends.sick I know :D ).I have only once been banged myself by a noob who capped a female hostage at point blank with a gbb execution style the week before :waggle: (not realizing the power of the gun :huh: ),so he was told to bang at close range .He was hidden behind a door I walked in , he banged me :flamed: but as we have never really used the rule (we would usually shoot at somewhere nice eg:webbing pocket or baggy area of clothing )upon hearing a voice I turned and fired :flamed: .We both agreed to leave the game . I told him just to shoot me if a similar situation arose .The reason for me and my friends preferring this is, they could be out of ammo ,gun jammed , broken gun , dead battery or just a terrible shot you get the picture.They could even be under handed and wait around somewhere in a quiet corner in the full knowledge their gun is not working and bang people as they come into their devious little trap :angry:(I am distrusting) .I even read in another thread of someone trying bang other players from 10m away :huh: .As for snipers they should carry a pistol and use that if any one gets too close.how does everyone else feel about this matter?

:D Sharky :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think that the bang rule should only be used if you are within the range of actually being able to touch the person that you are getting. Otherwise there is just too much confusion. I'm tired of the times that I have had people shouting bang from the other side of the room or in some cases when they are even on a different floor to the one I'm on (CQB).

I mean I would much rather have someone shoot me from close range than ###### about with the bang rule.

The reason for me and my friends preferring this is, they could be out of ammo ,gun jammed , broken gun , dead battery or just a terrible shot you get the picture.They could even be under handed and wait around somewhere in a quiet corner in the full knowledge their gun is not working  and bang people as they come into their devious little trap

yeah, they could be a cheaty little swine about it if they want to. So if they are you throw them out like you would over any other rule. Airsoft is a game of honesty, if someone isn't willing to be honest then they aren't worth having on the field.

The reason the site I play has the rule is to avoid people getting shot at point blank and they made it an 'optional' rule where you don't have the take the kill. Curiously enough those who don't take the kills end up getting hosed at point blank rather than being given the less painful 'bang' option....

The only time I have bang killed someone was when I was assaulting a bunker from the side, the guy in the bunker stuck his head out to look for attackers and then noticed I had my rifle trianed on him, this was from about 7m so I called bang because the only part I could shoot him was his head, which was not covered by face protection. He took the hit with good humour so all was cool. thats the only time I've had to use the rule, if I can see thier head exposed at range then I just shoot because if it does hit then it wont be a painfull as one from close range.

The reason for me and my friends preferring this is, they could be out of ammo ,gun jammed , broken gun , dead battery or just a terrible shot you get the picture.They could even be under handed and wait around somewhere in a quiet corner in the full knowledge their gun is not working  and bang people as they come into their devious little trap :angry:(I am distrusting)

Heh, that makes no difference, its time for a judgement call, makes airsoftmore tense...

i was in a game, my aeg was down, and on my pistol, fired the last shot

heard a guy come up behind the wall i was against, let the slide forwards and waited, he came round, and istared into the barrel, 'bang' his ar15 was loaded, but i bluffed him, bang rule isnt just a kill. its a 'capture' of sorts. and i find attempting them and knife kills Greatly satistfying. :) airsoft isnt all about shooting folk, its skill. and if i can sneak up on someone, and get close enough to touch them when they have a pointy shooty thing, then i feel ive acomplished something. and the feeling of fear, of if they will buy that my gun is loaded, or shoot me, is really amazing.

play dynamically. its more imersive then.

anyway, its not underhanded, its called initiative. combat isnt fair... by the nature that you yourself dont want to die... do what you need to to survive. :) even in pretend combat.

i 'banged' someone yesterday, and i think its good. i wasnt too close to him, but i could have nailed him easily with my m14, i just thought id be nice and let him walk away.. its also good imo because you have to have skill to be able to do it properly..

personally, unless im VERY, VERY VERY close to somebody, i always shoot them. saves any pissing about, i dont mind being shot from that sort of range, as long as its a single shot somewhere where it wont hurt, like a vest, or baggy clothing, feet etc, which is the shot i take.

when somebody hoses me from a position they could call a bang is when i get ###### off. as a result, i very rarely use the bang rule, but as aresult of that, i very rarely get in arguments with people, i very rarely get ###### off, and im very rarely involved in any confusion about hit taking.

If I am going to be using the close up rule. I use it when I can get in contact with them, Ive put mygun to someones back, ive lay ontop of someone with my pistol to their head, I have rushed a bunker and pointed my fingers to someones face and shouted bang, I have pointed my finger at someone through the hole in an apc.

Only ever within touching distance.

The embaressment factor is huge, and its a great skill to get a silent kill like that. ( sir sneaky bugger ernie at our site uses a bb on a stick!! ).

Someone tried to call bang at me once, he was a good 5m away, had their rifle aimed at me, and he had a holstered side arm. I turned around, pulled my pistol and shot him. Silly fool should have shot me at that distance, I would have :)

Hi I'm new here so go easy on me if I'm doing or saying anything wrong.

I have never banged anyone at all

(I also take great pleasure causing pain).

I have only once been banged myself by a noob

so he was told to bang at close range

He was hidden behind a door I walked in , he banged me

and bang people as they come into their devious little trap

The one thing that always bugs me about the "bang rule" is when people use it to avoid giving away their position by firing their gun.

I've been in games where a sniper has "banged" several people who've tabbed past him.

In reality he would have shot 1 and then been lit up like a christmas tree by the remaining opfor.

Equally, I've seen people sneaking around CQB buildings and whispering "bang" when they see somebody, again to avoid alerting any other opfor.

Fair enough, if you can sneak up on someone and touch them while whispering "knife kill" then good for you. Whispering "bang" when you see somebody in a dark room is cobblers though.

Someone tried to call bang at me once, he was a good 5m away, had their rifle aimed at me, and he had a holstered side arm. I turned around, pulled my pistol and shot him. Silly fool should have shot me at that distance, I would have :)

you're right he should of shot you. if you done that to me i'd have laced you next time i saw you. 5m is nothing, and with a rifle trained on you, you should have had the decency to take the hit. the guy was trying to save you the pain from 5m, and instead you turned and shot him. thats good sportsmanship. :rolleyes:

people like you are the precise reason i DO shoot everybody. people who dont grasp the concept of fair play and sportsmanship are the ones that get laced.

or blown up.repeatedly.

The one thing that always bugs me about the "bang rule" is when people use it to avoid giving away their position by firing their gun.

I've been in games where a sniper has "banged" several people who've tabbed past him.

In reality he would have shot 1 and then been lit up like a christmas tree by the remaining opfor.

Equally, I've seen people sneaking around CQB buildings and whispering "bang" when they see somebody, again to avoid alerting any other opfor.

Fair enough, if you can sneak up on someone and touch them while whispering "knife kill" then good for you. Whispering "bang" when you see somebody in a dark room is cobblers though.

Surely the best way to respond to that is to not die quietly. "AAARGH!!! The sneaky ###### got me! My god, the pain! Someone tell my wife and kids I love them! Jeez, it hurts so bad! MEDIC! Anyone, just someone please finish me off!"etc.

:zorro:

Heh, that makes no difference, its time for a judgement call, makes airsoftmore tense...

i was in a game, my aeg was down, and on my pistol, fired the last shot

heard a guy come up behind the wall i was against, let the slide forwards and waited, he came round, and istared into the barrel, 'bang' his ar15 was loaded, but i bluffed him, bang rule isnt just a kill. its a 'capture' of sorts. and i find attempting them and knife kills Greatly satistfying. :) airsoft isnt all about shooting folk, its skill. and if i can sneak up on someone, and get close enough to touch them when they have a pointy shooty thing, then i feel ive acomplished something. and the feeling of fear, of if they will buy that my gun is loaded, or shoot me, is really amazing.

play dynamically. its more imersive then.

anyway, its not underhanded, its called initiative. combat isnt fair...  by the nature that you yourself dont want to die...  do what you need to to survive. :) even in pretend combat.

So you admit to using underhand tactics? I think most people would agree that that's cheating. You're basicly lying to someone and taking advantage of their good sportsmanship. One word to describe that, hint - it's filtered ;)

you take pleasure in causeing pain?

i never want to skirmish with you EVER.

*fruitcage*wit

Could say the same for you.

######. You don't HAVE to take a bang kill, but you have to accept that if you don't, the person will fire. So, if you think someone is bluffing you, don't take the bang. But be prepared for an extremely close range hit if you're wrong.

I don't see how this is any worse than throwing a stick into a room and shouting "grenade," or shouting "reloading" when you're not.

######. You don't HAVE to take a bang kill, but you have to accept that if you don't, the person will fire. So, if you think someone is bluffing you, don't take the bang. But be prepared for an extremely close range hit if you're wrong.

I don't see how this is any worse than throwing a stick into a room and shouting "grenade," or shouting "reloading" when you're not.

I get your point, but those situations arise in normal combat anyway.

The bangrule is airsoft specific and is designed to increase the sportsmanship in the game. Taking advantage of it is taking advantage of other people's sportsmanship.

Making a "bang" kill or "knife" kill is all about the skill and luck of sneaking up on someone. You shouldn't even need a weapon. If you can manage to get that close to them, you desurve that kill.

But i also aggree that the player who is getting 'banged' should still shout "hit". I have snuck up on entire fire teams and killed most/all of them with "tag" kills (electrowerkz equivalent of the bang rule) and none of them shout "hit", even though they should. Thats the rules after all :P

Personally, I think that the bang rule should only be used if you are within the range of actually being able to touch the person that you are getting. Otherwise there is just too much confusion. I'm tired of the times that I have had people shouting bang from the other side of the room or in some cases when they are even on a different floor to the one I'm on (CQB).

I mean I would much rather have someone shoot me from close range than ###### about with the bang rule.

+1

The only other time I'd say bang kills would be appropriate is if they are within 3 metres of you and in one of your blind spots (say behind you).

Its annoying how sometimes people can get away with using the bang rule on a entire group of people too (minus moscarts). 1 or 2 fair enough, but how can you use the bang rule on 8-9 people?

If the group is stupid enough to be 8 or 9 very close to each other, they deserve it, with a FA gun it would be really easy to shoot them anyway.

The bang rule problem is why I use a Tanaka GP35 on 134 gas as a backup: it can't really hurt, but is uncontestable. On the other hand, I've seen a really good mate having his tooth chipped off by a point blank shoot from a stock FAMAS. There are times where you need a sidearm that doesn't use green gas, or the bang rule.

Archived