NRA video on the UK

PILMAN

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i only have dial up but i read the comments and well this says it all

That is worse than burning the Mona Lisa or the whole Library of Alexandria to a historian or firearms collector and the beginning of the future enslavement of British people by removing the ONLY tool to control their own Government!

this may just be me but havn't the British people survived since the civil war without the need to overthrow their government, seeing as its been representative and democratic. In conclusion from that doesnt the above statement seem just a tad paranoid? <_<

i only have dial up but i read the comments and well this says it all

this may just be me but havn't the British people survived since the civil war without the need to overthrow their government, seeing as its been representative and democratic. In conclusion from that doesnt the above statement seem just a tad paranoid?  <_<

Parts of British society have tried to over throw the govt a few times in the past, they failed (jacobite revolutions).

It's a very annoying habit of americans when they live in a false day dream about their own history and then start trying to support gun ownership in other countries .. they don't do those of us who are pro gun ownership any favours with such arguments.

America needs to control its government NOW and guns arent helping them do that. Theyre too idle to.

Even so, as has been said so many times, gun bans only take away the innocent citizen's right to own a firearm. It does not restrict a criminals ability to threaten them with one.

Even so, as has been said so many times, gun bans only take away the innocent citizen's right to own a firearm.  It does not restrict a criminals ability to threaten them with one.

Very true, remember when handguns were banned here crime with handguards rose very sharply (safer society she said, she must of immigrated somewhere else)

you mean, a government  :blink:

Sorry?

Around here we don't have armed government officials telling us what to do. Is it like that where you live?

Frankly, the idea of any minority threatening to use firearms to defend their rights, against a democratically elected government, is ludicrous.

Posting videos that show how unarmed populations were abused by their tyrannical governments in places like Africa or Asia is hardly a valid reason to suggest the same situation exists in Europe or America.

When was the last time a government in the UK or USA sent armed troops to enforce their policies?

In the US, almost any public demonstration, or DEA drug enforcement raid.

I knew somebody would say that.

Using armed forces to police a riot is hardly the same thing as using them to enforce policy.

You don't get the army pointing guns at people and telling them to stop driving uneconomical cars or taking foreign holidays.

Democracies put the screws on people in the shape of taxes, which we all whine about but carry on paying and the government laugh all the way to the bank.

I think the idea is that if a government was to overly restrictive or start to oppress the people, they could use to guns to, or at least try to get the power back. America was a country that rose from oppression, so you have to understand that some people feel strongly about it, whether the government would go 1984 is different argument, however.

I think the idea is that if a government was to overly restrictive or start to oppress the people, they could use to guns to, or at least try to get the power back. America was a country that rose from oppression, so you have to understand that some people feel strongly about it, whether the government would go 1984 is different argument, however.

Wouldn't it be easier to just vote them out at the next election?

Besides which guns don't really help in revolution. Sure they play a part but ultimately the government can only govern with the tacit approval of the people in the country. If the majority of the people want a change then they government would be hard pushed not to accept. Revolutions with guns tend to be called coups and switch one guy for another guy without really changing much.

If the government did go "1984" as I made of point of mentioning in my post, as not to get confused with a fair and democratic government, its unlikely that could in any meaningful fashion. It is not impossible for a US government to call of elections, although I would imagine it would be unlikely, or take something very major to put it in practice.

http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/execu.html

Wouldn't it be easier to just vote them out at the next election?

These days, the elections in the US do bleep-all.

The democrats are on the inside, what the republicans are on the outside. And theyre all controlled by financial issues backed by corporations :D Like the governor who had a new aircraft carrier contract signed to provide employment to citizens of his state, when the US Navy already said they didnt want or need it.

Republicratic Politicorporatism...

The democrats are on the inside, what the republicans are on the outside.  And theyre all controlled by financial issues backed by corporations :D  Like the governor who had a new aircraft carrier contract signed to provide employment to citizens of his state, when the US Navy already said they didnt want or need it.

I love you Guzzi. :)

Surely we can work the Illuminati into it somewhere as well.

Anyway recent polling shows that a lot of US states are swinging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...elections,_2008

Newsflash: No matter how many guns you own, the government has better trained men with bigger ones and more of them too. In the unlikely event you actually need them to otherthrow the government they'll probably have figured out where many like you live and took appropriate measures duirng their seizure of power.

IE a tank rammed through your living room window. They'll not bother taking it from your cold dead hands because you're already a greasy stain on the treads.

Justify firearms ownership on grounds of self defence and recreation, not an irrrelevant and obsolete portion of the bill of rights designed to keep order when Redcoats still threatened to burn Washington

The democrats are on the inside, what the republicans are on the outside.  And theyre all controlled by financial issues backed by corporations :D  Like the governor who had a new aircraft carrier contract signed to provide employment to citizens of his state, when the US Navy already said they didnt want or need it.

So, ummm, if the USA is such a dogs dinner, why aren't the NRA shooting up the place?

What are they waiting for?

Something REALLY terrible like banning baseball caps, plaid shirts and pick-up trucks?

Newsflash: No matter how many guns you own, the government has better trained men with bigger ones and more of them too. In the unlikely event you actually need them to otherthrow the government they'll probably have figured out where many like you live and took appropriate measures duirng their seizure of power.

IE a tank rammed through your living room window. They'll not bother taking it from your cold dead hands because you're already a greasy stain on the treads.

Justify firearms ownership on grounds of self defence and recreation, not an irrrelevant and obsolete portion of the bill of rights designed to keep order when Redcoats still threatened to burn Washington

Cause Iraq is just plain sailing right now...

Archived