Multicam paintjob(s)

I was long thinking about airbrushing some of my weapons in Multicam, and I finally got to it. For starters I'm painting my H&K 416 but in order not to mess up the gun, I started off with the magazines and rails. Oh yes - the magazines as well. My plan is to airbrush most items in my equipment that are doable and aren't already in multicam to get a truly well blended camouflage.

Well, enough talk and on to the pictures. Here is what I have done so far. My team buddy FarEast (you might know him here) is first in line to get some of his stuff painted in the near future as well :P

m16magmulticamaf6.jpg

mcmagsrailsud5.jpg

Edited by Seraphein
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frakk2k: I use paints by Mr.Colour, a Japanese brand that might be difficult to find elsewhere... they are enamel colours though and should take a lot of beating. Regarding the method I used, I'd like to be a little bit secretive, but yes, I can say I used templates. Researching those templates took a really long time but the pattern you see is identical to the original Crye pattern. (I can guarantee you that ;))

Seraphein plays on the same team as I and we got to see his work first hand, with the added benefit of having both CRYE Combat trousers and another brand of BDU's in authentic Crye Multicam material and I have to say that it is amazing!

Seraphein managed god knows how to blend all the colours perfectly and comparing it to CRYE hydrographic film, I think I would prefer giving my cash to him to do a custom job.

Awesome work yet again Seraphein......whats it going to cost me again to paint my EBR????

what happened to the furniture being brown??? i think i liked it better before! :mellow:

still, it's pretty well done. :)

...glad to see your posting the pics thread again. haven't seen u here for awhile

oh btw, i STILL haven't been able to get a swivel mount to mount your bipod. aex is STILL is out of stock.. :(

this is to frakk, try printable asetate sheets (the type used for doing projector/ohp demos like at school!) i use this for doing custom bike tanks. The main advantages are a) its reusable time & time again b)its easy to clean c)its easier to place on the piece you are painting as when you start its see thru & aslong as you clean it well it shud stay pretty much transparrent. also another trick i learned for blending coloursis to remove the nib off the front of you airbrush, you can still do fine line work for the outlines but pull back a pouple of inches you can diffuse the paint over a larger area to spread the colour, it takes practice but can give amazing effect!

hope this is usefull!