M500 Clone at RSOV!

Guinness

Sorry to make you work, Harry. I just took a gander at the Marushin M500 review, and am quite impressed. I'd definitely invest in this RSOV shotty if it proves to be a decent clone...

I know (from the review) that the Marushin can run green or propane... Hopefully this shotty will be capable of doing this as well (I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't since te two gases are basically the same).

Is there are way to connect a coiled remote hose (like a classic gun) and get the gun to run off of a coleman bottle of propane?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to make you work, Harry. I just took a gander at the Marushin M500 review, and am quite impressed. I'd definitely invest in this RSOV shotty if it proves to be a decent clone...

I know (from the review) that the Marushin can run green or propane... Hopefully this shotty will be capable of doing this as well (I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't since te two gases are basically the same).

Is there are way to connect a coiled remote hose (like a classic gun) and get the gun to run off of a coleman bottle of propane?

the M500 is so Cooooooooool and Powerfullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll can shoot thru coke can bottom easily with single 8mm shot ....

Since the gas is internal I'm sure it would be a simple matter of drilling and tapping a hole then using whatever fittings nessecary to connect it to a propane tank (like the bits from a propane torch). Me thinks I would much rather prefer regulated CO2, more adjustable and somesuch.

Has it been chronoed on propane/green gas? To use it at my site, it has to shoot under 300 FPS on .34s or .36s (400 with .20s).

I dunno, can you show me a link to .20 or .36 8mm bb's ?

I'll gladly buy these mythical Unicorn-dropping projectiles, the gun, and promptly report back to you! ;)

Good GOD I need one of these.

When the VCRA stuff all gets sorted and the database is up and running properly, I'm gona buy one, no matter what.

Full metal 8mm Shotty. Gas powered. Cheap. Winsome.

Also, if the shipping stuff on RSOV is right (and it probably is) then it's gona be about £90 posted to the UK.

Words simply cannot express how much I NEED on of these! :D

It fires a lot over 1 Joule. Force is mass X velocity, so it doesnt matter wether the velocity drops if the mass grows. Being hit by a car at 50 mph is as bad as being hit by 3 cars at 30 mph.

I dont think any site will say: "Its not permited to have one BB at 400 FPS, but its cool to be hit by 3 BBs at only 300 FPS!" FPS limits and the compliance to them by any gun are meassured (usually) with one .20 BB with the hop up down. Thats it.

It fires a lot over 1 Joule. Force is mass X velocity, so it doesnt matter wether the velocity drops if the mass grows. Being hit by a car at 50 mph is as bad as being hit by 3 cars at 30 mph.

I dont think any site will say: "Its not permited to have one BB at 400 FPS, but its cool to be hit by 3 BBs at only 300 FPS!" FPS limits and the compliance to them by any gun are meassured (usually) with one .20 BB with the hop up down. Thats it.

8mm BB weights from Marushin are .27 .34 .40 and .45gs. RSOV's 8mm bbs are .48gs.

The FPS using green gas and 1 .34g bb fired from the reissued M500 was chronoed at just over 500. High 200/low 300 with 3 bbs.

I actually like the silver finish, usable for a 'gangster' loadout in a scenario, or just posing value :D

I REALLY hope it sounds as good as the Tanaka trench gun does when it's cocked, that lovely 'chuck-chick' noise always makes me grin

Archived