M500 Clone at RSOV!

Guinness

Just noticed that Keith has updated the store with a lot of new products-

One of them being a clone of the Marushin M500 Mossberg! Available for pre-order, no price indicated yet.

rsov_m500_gas_0810.jpg

http://www.rsov.com/

...so yes, it will be 8mm (Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin! :P )

Also new on RSOV today:

-DBoy's AKSU now with wood furniture!

-New replica MICH helmets

-CYMA M14 RAS frotnend

That shottie will be mine! (And so will a can of Krylon flat black apparently :rolleyes: )

Ohandyeah...Thanks for being hyped as 'discovering' America there Columbus! Give's me a day off to surf the Airsoft interwebs! :P

Slainte!

-G

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why didn't they clone a "normal" looking m500, instead of a chrome one with ugly sights?

The sights at least are stock- take a look at the Marushin.

And interestingly enough, the stainless finish is exactly how we saw the Maru in early pre-release leaked photos if I'm not mistaken....... :huh:

Leading this reporter to wonder if there is some collusion between Japan and China...."pssst hey...here is our R&D piece...and our cad-drawings....you guys wait about 3 months, and then release! ;) )

Nah.......that's too cynical even for me :P

The sights at least are stock- take a look at the Marushin.

And interestingly enough, the stainless finish is exactly how we saw the Maru in early pre-release leaked photos if I'm not mistaken....... :huh:

Leading this reporter to wonder if there is some collusion between Japan and China...."pssst hey...here is our R&D piece...and our cad-drawings....you guys wait about 3 months, and then release!  ;)  )

Nah.......that's too cynical even for me  :P

They have cloned this. Should've cloned this.

They have cloned this. Should've cloned this.

Well yeah..but.... :unsure: ...that hasn't been made in years has it..... :blink:

However, I'm with ya BakaBox, I was thinking about that vented shroud myself :P

(BTW, what the heck is a 'BakaBox' anyhow? :huh: )

I mean you would think that Chinese Airsoft manufacturers are all stricken with short-term memory loss because all of thier products seemingly follow the fickle whims of 'whats being produced now'

Shoot, there are a ton of guns I 'wish' they would make-

GreaseGun

MP44

My cynical conspiracy-theory side says the Chinese Airsoft Industry fairly runs off whatever CAD drawings they can beg, borrow or steal from Japanese mfgs

As cool as they are (albeit pretty ugly scheme they used) 8MM shotguns just aren't that practical, especially in woodland. If they would re-release the old 6mm marushin shotguns with the 140 or so BB capacity it would sell like hotcakes. I think that was probably the best shotgun design so far.

dunno about not practical- perhaps as a primary it might get limited, but used in conjunction with other guns like pistols/smgs, or as a back up to a carbine, I can see them having a very worthy place in woodland.

me, I think I may have to get geared up for the Billygun project, now I can actually afford the blummin' thing!

Hope they improved the gas system.

The marushin gas system keeps blowing O-rings because it was not designed for Green gas/propane. When it worked on propane, it shot the 3X0.34g 8mm BBs out at 300fps, thats a total of 5.1J total output, making it a very field skirmishable shotgun.

Fingers crossed that it will work on propane.

As cool as they are (albeit pretty ugly scheme they used) 8MM shotguns just aren't that practical, especially in woodland.  If they would re-release the old 6mm marushin shotguns with the 140 or so BB capacity it would sell like hotcakes.  I think that was probably the best shotgun design so far.

Yipeee!

Our first 'wailer and gnasher of teeth' !

Maybe you could explain for us using charts and graphs where this 'factoid' comes from?- What exactly happens in that extra 2mm's of bb that ruins velocity, trajectory, inertia, or whatever the science may be behind these statements because I hear them, but I never hear the evidence behind them?

Thanks!

frankly, I've no problem with 8mm bbs- used to own an 8mm m1 carbine, and it was pretty spectacular as a mid-range marksman rifle.

sure, the added weight/size of the bb may have lowered the potential distance, but it also may contribute towards its stability in the air.

Dunno. I'm no scientist, but it worked fine, and I've seen the effective range of an 8mm m500 before, and it was more than satisfactory.

only real issue is that 8mm bbs are more pricey, but its not like you're using them in an aeg now, is it?

Yeah, I was going to add back to my last post that I could understand the price angle- :D

I still don't get the whole '8mm am bad' hype though based on anything but price- I think I have seen some kind of calculation elsewhere that suggests the additional weight and size actually help keep 8mm bbs in the air longer and farther like you mention Harry-

I'm hoping someone can settle this once and for all ;)

I know I'm probably about to commit Airsoft heresy :P but let's consider the .68 cal paintball projectile- The mechanism of a paintball marker is somewhat analogous to a AEG- yet they hurl those cannonballs far and wide to great effect, yes?

Here, we are talking the difference in 2 measly millimeters yet to hear so many talk, 6mm = win and God :D , 8mm = lose and sad :(

So please, edu-macate meh :huh:

Guinness: Do keep in mind that a typical marker fires around 14 joules IIRC, and part of the safety is the size of the projectile and the fact that it breaks upon impact.

Personally I'd be willing to let 8 mm users have higher energy limits, because it would still be just as safe - although the safe energy limit would have to be defined. That would make them more effective in the field. To be honest at the moment I think they are too heavy, so shot at 1 joules they will be way too slow.

-Sale

[Ohandyeah...Thanks for being hyped as 'discovering' America there Columbus! Give's me a day off to surf the Airsoft interwebs! :P

I still had classes... damn Austria... they don't give the American holidays I'm so accustomed to...

And Columbus didn't discover America. That's factually inaccurate, and I don't know why people still hang on to that rumor...

Guinness: Do keep in mind that a typical marker fires around 14 joules IIRC, and part of the safety is the size of the projectile and the fact that it breaks upon impact.

Personally I'd be willing to let 8 mm users have higher energy limits, because it would still be just as safe - although the safe energy limit would have to be defined. That would make them more effective in the field. To be honest at the moment I think they are too heavy, so shot at 1 joules they will be way too slow.

-Sale

Thank you Sir- Info backed up with facts, logic, reason and a helpful attitude as usual!

-G

Archived