British Accent

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do an australian accent and, if anybody asks, tell em it's a British one.

No American will be able to tell the difference. :mellow:

woah.. Some of us are ignorant but most of us aren't that dumb. I'd maybe I'm just one of few kids my age that aren't totally mental. Id love to speak with a different accent for a day using other nations terminology

But it generally goes that everyone in Colorado is devoid of any accent.

To another person from Colorado yes that would be the case. My girlfriend insists that her dad doesn't have an accent but he has a very distinctive Hampshire accent when I listen to him (I'm from over the "border" in Wiltshire), she just can't hear it because she is so used to it.

To another person from Colorado yes that would be the case. My girlfriend insists that her dad doesn't have an accent but he has a very distinctive Hampshire accent when I listen to him (I'm from over the "border" in Wiltshire), she just can't hear it because she is so used to it.

Ahaa well I guess what we have is a middle plains accent. Its basically the least accented of any accent and newscasters in America strive to imitate it because of the general clarity of it.

So yes I talk like a newscaster, deep enthralling voice... ;)

Any is anyone fammiliar with Neg's urban sports... Call me ignorant but is that an auzzie accent or an english?

I'm leaning towards english.

Bloody hell in about fifteen seconds I could think of at least twenty two different British accents and about nineteen of those were from England alone! There is no one "British" accent no more than there is one American or even one Australian accent! Yanks, ya gotta love 'em and their quaint view of the United Kingdom! ;)

crikey thats true as true aint it mate!

Are you kidding. We used to love aussie culture! We know the difference between a brit and an ozzie.

we have culture now? and i swear to the next person that quotes crocodile dundee i will hunt you down, pin you to the ground and tear out your eyes with my spoon...

we have culture now? and i swear to the next person that quotes crocodile dundee i will hunt you down, pin you to the ground and tear out your eyes with my spoon...

Of course you have culture, otherwise what would Sir Les Patterson do all day? :D

UPDATE

After one day of the challenge, my jaw is killing me, my mouth screams for a break but yet, I must push onwards.

My parents are going to kill me, they claim that British Accents are up there with forks on plates and nails on chalkboard.

I was convincing enough apparently.

Got the comment "Are you from England?" "Oh my gawwwd British Accents are hot!!"

That's what walking around Southlands in 22 degree weather will get you especially with general ignorance around here.

One girl asked me where I was from, and to keep with the bet, I said "I'm from... Hampden which is a small town west of London,"

Hampden also happens to be a minorly important street in Denver.

They ate it up.

crikey thats true as true aint it mate!

You call that a knife?! Thats not a knife! This is a knife!

Thats not a knife...thats a spoon.

I see youve played knifey-spooney before.

*adds glockfire to Lorne's big list of elective surgery*

ahem

anyway

good on you trigger keep it up mate it sounds like your doing a good job. oh with the "OMG HAWT" bit i admit i played up the aussie part of my accent last time i was in the UK and i can tell you this the system works people! ^_^

if you have an english accent, 1/3 of all american will sleep with you for no other reason other than your accent!

not sure whether that is true, but i see 2 punches in the face as a positive thing if i can get in with an american college girl!! :D

next holiday- america!

if you have an english accent, 1/3 of all american will sleep with you for no other reason other than your accent!

not sure whether that is true, but i see 2 punches in the face as a positive thing if i can get in with an american college girl!! :D

next holiday- america!

Hmmm, I hope that 1/3 of the US is our female population. If not.....well, ya.

Archived