AK & Variants Picture Thread

Well after seeing that Inokatsu hasnt bothered with the detailing that VFC has i wouldn't go for them.

Now im not bashing inokatsu, there work is very good, just if im paying this much for a high end gun i expect them to get the details right

Also TASCABE on red alliance supplied them to me minus the spring and followers (as i asked), no problems at all :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after seeing that Inokatsu hasnt bothered with the detailing that VFC has i wouldn't go for them.

Does that count for the RMW-kits too? As they're from the same factory. I'm about to buy a RMW-kit, but your statement makes me doubt a little.

Unless RMW is the new name for Inokatsu then there the same thing, either way there from the same factory. Inokatsu was also Guarder at one point until Inokatsu started selling them themselves. This is if i remember right of course, im a VFC person ;)

Inokatsu always designed the kits but like a lot of other Guarder products they were just sold under the Guarder name for credibility.

Last I heard Inokatsu have have stopped their work on ak kits and are just selling off old stock. The factory that they contracted to make the kits for them have now gone it alone and are producing all the kits that Inokatsu previously designed but with, it's been claimed, lower quality control. Ting now seems to be acting as their distributor and as his webshop has always been called Russian Mania Workshop, that's what the kits are now being known as.

Edited by Hoppum
Unless RMW is the new name for Inokatsu then there the same thing, either way there from the same factory. Inokatsu was also Guarder at one point until Inokatsu started selling them themselves. This is if i remember right of course, im a VFC person ;)

like hoppum said. RMW kits are from the same factory, but arent made for inokatsu, they are made for ting at RMW after he ditched inok after they screwed him over with his AKMS design (i think)

but nah, i'd never buy an inok or anything similar. for that ammount of money i want realistic takedown and something that isnt held together with grub screws and willpower.

does VFC make kits? Foregive me, I am an AK noob, and don't own one yet (I am consumed by the evil that is AR-15, but good old Comunist beaters are starting to gain control, the goodness that is some of your AKs, its too much.... Rest assured, If I do build one it will be awesome . as long as I save sufficient funds)

I do like the AN-94 but then I like peculior guns. It would be a complete pain to build, even for a proper company, as stated the mag goes in at a sloped angle (this is because if the complex 2-round burst mechanism), the 2 round burst feature fires at about 1800rpm, on full auto it fires 2 rounds at that high rate then drops down to about 600rpm (this would be very hard since you'd need a sudden gear change in an AEG which would also mean either having a very powerful motor you then geared down (wasteful on juice) of have a less powerful motor that had to occasionally drive the piston at a very high rate (strenuous on the motor and possibly gear box). Also the barrel recoils. You could of course just make on as a standard AEG with some normal rate burst feature but that seems a bit lame...

P.S. You could of course make one as a GBB but it would still have to be almost as complex as the real thing (the burst mech uses a cam and wires if I recall correctly) and it's be a GBB rifle, which no one would buy...

i would buy it! if only they made a AN-94!!!! one of my fav guns! :D

well thanks a bunch guys, but compared to FIN's....my plum is nothing --' (you can see the paintjob is "breaking down" because of my "foolishness" when im coating it with krylon matte coating)

Great first attempt bro!

You'll notice your 'technique' will improve with each gun you weather- and remember, you really only need to please yourself!

Thanks for the shout-out BTW! :D

From what The Badger can suppose, its neither. The unicorn wasn't available at the time of the original post, and the Rk's stock doesn't have the right sided sling hook nor the silver piece on the side of the receiver.

hmmmm... well what is it? becouse i whant a ak 74 or an ak105

Great first attempt bro!

You'll notice your 'technique' will improve with each gun you weather- and remember, you really only need to please yourself!

Thanks for the shout-out BTW! :D

AHHH from The Guru himself.....i feel flaterred right now haahah

well i might say your advice on steel wool really make my RK looks great than those with sandpaper.

does VFC make kits? Foregive me, I am an AK noob, and don't own one yet (I am consumed by the evil that is AR-15, but good old Comunist beaters are starting to gain control, the goodness that is some of your AKs, its too much.... Rest assured, If I do build one it will be awesome . as long as I save sufficient funds)

VFC dont make any AK kits but then again there full AEGs are the price of a Inok so there is no real loss, other than on wood furniture of course. Inok does much better wood than VFC