G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did some (Probably uneccessary) mods to my gun.

Firstly,

dscf1709qp0.th.jpgdscf1718nj2.th.jpg

Polished the trigger to a mirror sheen. Done with flatting paper and brasso in this order:

-800 Grit size

-brasso

Secondly,

dscf1703sg6.th.jpgdscf1710gz2.th.jpg

Sawed through the top of the sight ring to allow light onto my DIY fibre optic sights ( Made with LEGO). I cut off a section of the sight post the same as the diameter as the LEGO rod to ensure the sights were accurate. Also ( but not shown in this pic) I have polished the inside of the sight ring so that more light is reflected onto the LEGO rod, and therefore making it brighter.

EDIT:

Picture 1 doesn't fully show the shinyness of the trigger ( ALSO excuse the fingerprints on it :) )

Picture 2 was taken without the sight being fully alinged, and I assure you that when you look through the sights, it is aligned correctly ( And works well!)

EDIT 2 : Added clearer pics

Edited by ollie_ty

just found something on the internet....

anyone know what handguard is that? it look sechy

That does look cool, I love the little bit of rail on the top of the handguard.

Might take some time to filter down from real-steal that's if anyone can be bothered to reproduce it.

Current status of my ongoing G36K project;

Still awaiting:

- One-point sling

- New G&P K-length stock

- Guarder MOD vert-grip

Might get some ladder rail covers in OD eventually... And considering to paint the current stock (C length) OD to match the rest of the furniture...Still not quite sure.

Oh, I'm also getting an ArmyCode reciever as soon as my paycheck is big enough.

I also have a C carryhandle and a flat-top Carryhandle for it.

You'll have to excuse the watermarks, but due to past events that's how I roll these days...

And yes, I went a bit artsy-fartsy with these :P

G36K_VI_by_Pkekyo.jpg

G36K_V_by_Pkekyo.jpg

G36K_IV_by_Pkekyo.jpg

G36K_III_by_Pkekyo.jpg

G36K_II_by_Pkekyo.jpg

G36K_I_by_Pkekyo.jpg

Current status of my ongoing G36K project;

Still awaiting:

- One-point sling

- New G&P K-length stock

- Guarder MOD vert-grip

Might get some ladder rail covers in OD eventually... And considering to paint the current stock (C length) OD to match the rest of the furniture...Still not quite sure.

Oh, I'm also getting an ArmyCode reciever as soon as my paycheck is big enough.

I also have a C carryhandle and a flat-top Carryhandle for it.

You'll have to excuse the watermarks, but due to past events that's how I roll these days...

And yes, I went a bit artsy-fartsy with these :P

snipped images

are those Dboys mags?

Nah, they're King Arms HK416 mags... I bloody love them!

I have it on good authority they normally won't feed in that magwell, but the guy I bought them from tricked them out...no problems with them at all, minimal wobble even :>

/EDIT:

now that I'm on the subject...the mags are also getting OD Ranger plates from Magpul, they're on their way from asia now...

there's 15 mags in total :)

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor
ok all u people tempting me with the carrying handles.... i want one. anyone willing to sell?

Post a thread in the Want To Buy section of the Sales Forum, you might get better success finding one.

Also, try Warther's Originals on eBay - Really cheap CA spare parts.

Edited by ollie_ty
ok all u people tempting me with the carrying handles.... i want one. anyone willing to sell?

I would recommend the STAR carry handle if you can find one it is much better than the CA in my opinion.

Here is an ACM one http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=978 I don't have any experience with it but is a cheap alternative if you just want the look.

It would be a standard G36 battle rifle, or you could make it an MG36 with a c-mag, or some kind of DMR with a scope and Star SL9 Mags. The stock in that pic just looks like a normal g36 stock with a cheek piece added.

Anyone know where I can get one of those Cheek pieces?

thanks ollie! gonna check ebay now

silly question but, do they ship to uk? im assuming they must do if u're recommending them to me?

Yeah they do

But ask if they do registered post, I fear my selector switch set may have got lost in the post <_<

I dont think the Star one is better than the CA one. I've heard stories of the carry handle snapping, plus the fact the crosshair is just that, a simple cross, whereas the CA has the proper recticle.

The star one, IMHO, is definately not better than the CA one. I used to have the CA one(1.5x), and it was useable, but i cant even say that for the scope on the dual optic i have now. You literally have to have your eyebrow on the rubber eye peice to see through it. Impossible with most kinds of eye protection and a ballache with the ones that do work. With the CA you have about 1-2 inches eye relief, not ideal, but better than the star. It really is too bad that CA dont make a dual optic because the main reason i use one is because i love the looks :(

Edited by ianhaz