FINALLY! An Airsoft Kriss

Epyon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know i could well get flamed for this, but sorry, what the hell is a KRISS?

Here's all the info on the KRISS Super V, quite the modern looking little gun.

To say the least, a KRISS is the last gun I would think would be released. You've got to give Madbull a lot of credit for being original and creative.

Im surprised manufacturers dont just post prices on airsoft news

"XYZA corp is pleased to announce we'll be making a new gun and it'll cost 350 bucks details of the gun itself to be announced later".

as it stands more and more all we see is it'll be X price 'cos thats what i want it to be/cos thats what Ive just counted out as being contents of the cookie jar'

before we know it everyones talked the spec up to 'it'll be awesome even though they've never made a gas blow back SMG before' while talking the price down to 'it'll be two bucks twenty and a pickle' ...and then 90 percent of them throw a hissy fit at time of release when the price isnt what they plucked out of their own *albatross* at random two months before, and the gun dont shoot a bb for 3 miles at 300 FPS with the kick of a barret :D

talk about setting yourselves up for a disappointment! when it comes to price wait and see - or at least assume the worst and always end up pleasantly surprised - it'll be 999 bucks and the BBs will roll out the front of the barrel :)

Because the generic weapons of which you speak of, usually comprise of large ammounts of metal, are custom, or are limited edition (not mass produced). The only way the Kriss should cost nearly $400, is if Madbull only made a limited quantity.

I wouldn't be surprised to find some milled parts in the Kriss with good internals. Considering also that Madbull will likely need to design a lot of new stuff for this gun vs. just taking a V3 gearbox and shoving it in the usual AK, M4, etc. stuff with existing molds $400 would not surprise me. If it can perform on the level of a $400 VFC and has external/internal quality of said $400 gun, it'll be a really great buy.

JK JK this guy EPYON on ASR made it from a G18. here is the link to the forum

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index...topic=49814.100

Whoa, whoa! This guy EPYON?!?

Wouldn't it be funny if he had started this thread? He could have made a joke about it being the second, and everything!

:lol:

I would definitely purchase the Madbull. If nothing else, for the photo op.

I really like the look of the earlier prototypes, not as "busy" looking as the finalized version. I wouldn't be too thrilled about getting back into gas-powered either.

Because the generic weapons of which you speak of, usually comprise of large ammounts of metal, are custom, or are limited edition (not mass produced). The only way the Kriss should cost nearly $400, is if Madbull only made a limited quantity.

Sorry I took your post the wrong way. I thought you meant $400 was too much.

I was thinking about prices more from the angle of... how much other GBB SMGs on the market cost nowadays. For example:

* the KSC TMP/SPP costs $170-190

* Hudson U.S. M3A1 costs $140-160

* Marushin MP40 costs $230

* Marushin Super Enforcer Maxi 8mm costs $248

* Maruzen M11 costs $110-167

* Maruzen MP5K costs $145

* Maruzen UZI Pistol costs $99

So while I'd be willing to pay a premium (like $400) for a high-end GBB KRISS, I'd also think it would be difficult for Madbull to break into an area of the airsoft market in which most GBB SMGs cost $110-250. That being said, while not SMGs, WA and TK are trying something similar with their M4 GBBs which are expected to not be cheap either... however, it has yet to be seen how well their own sales will do upon release.

Other things that need to be noted is, as you can see from this thread alone, public opinion about the aesthetics of the KRISS are extreme ends of love and hate. People seem to either really like it or they really don't. That's a pretty strong contrast to most gun announcements out there, as the most "hate" you normally see is when a manufacturer rolls out another M4 variant. And people don't groan about that because they hate the M4, just that they want to see something new (in most cases anyway). So another problem Madbull faces is that while there's a big fan following for the KRISS, there's also a huge contingent of players that adamantly abhor it. So right there their group of potential buyers is dramatically reduced. :(

Don't get me wrong, whatever the price, I'd probably buy it. I have never had a problem spending top dollar on any of my guns in the past. However, my spending habits aren't typical in the airsoft community. So unless Madbull are indeed aiming at the minority group like myself, they'll have to lower their prices a bit to see stronger sales.

Of course, even more factors come into play, such as licensing by TDI to Madbull to produce such a replica. Also tooling costs, material costs, labor costs, minimum quantities, profit margins, etc etc. Lot's of factors all of which have a direct impact on the final consumer price.

Archived