Cool new digital camo - and this time its BRITISH

Maple-Leaf

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way it's looking, i think this may be the next camo for me. Especially if we can get webbing/rigs in the same pattern?

I didn't like it much at first, but i have to say that it seems to have matured into a very effective looking camo.

As well as us bunch of reprobates, I can see this really appealing to those groups who don't want to be associated with "military" patterns.

• 1 month later...

It's been a long haul, and taken the best part of a year to get to this point, but I am pleased to be able to announce that the PenCott™ fabric has now been printed, and is in the process of being coated with an advanced nano-technology treatment which gives it soil, stain and water repellence - without affecting the look or feel. Following this it will be sent to our nearby manufacturer for making up.

Those of you who have placed pre-orders with us for Pioneer uniform items will receive your garments first (thank you all for your patience to date), but please note that the baseline Pioneer boonie hat does not have a foliage band and the shirt no longer has a mesh patch pocket or a compass pocket as standard. If you wish to have any of these features included, for no extra charge, please notify us within the next 10 days so that your individual orders can be amended.

Have a look at the website: You'll see it has had a bit of a revamp, becoming more of a shop window than an information portal, and includes a new slideshow of the Pioneer uniform literally 'in the field', while the online store now features actual product photos rather than mock-up artwork.

If you would like to chat about the new photos or discuss the products then visit our forum at www.hydedefinition.com.

Regards,

Dom Hyde

post-50181-1227383076_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hyde Definition is pleased to sponsor National Airsoft Girls.

post-50181-1228141484_thumb.jpg

National Airsoft Girls (NAG) is a new team of airsoft players, run by girls for girls. Their intention is to bring together the females in the sport by creating a networked squad of nationally based female teams and individuals. National Airsoft Girls recognise that our advanced PenCott™ fractal digital camouflage offers them a tactical edge over opponents wearing old-school cammies. They want to be the best, and so they choose to wear the best!

NAG on Arnies

NAG website

He said "ghillie", not "girlie"! ;-)

All the same, that's cool Dom. You said you wanted a "PenCott Playmate of the Month"... looks like your wish might come true.

hahahaa we will have to wait and see wont we :P

I am pleased to comfirm my girls will be sporting the Pencott :-) I decided to go with Dom on this one because I can see its a darn good product, the quality looks great and I can see he has put great detail and attention into finding out what we need out of camo. Hopefully NAG and HydeDefinition can grow together..sorry i know that sounds cheesy as .. I intend to give an honest opionion when I get my set, and believe me us girls will put it to the test.

Mind putting up a review of the Clothing when you have it?

PS: Remember to put lots of Picture (Just kidding ;) )

Yep no worries ..us girls love a piccy :rolleyes:

Been also thinking about the chest rig side of things also. I know Doms waiting on the Cordora side of things but thoes of you that are interested in the Pencott I will try and test it out against diferent coloured chest rigs etc to see which works best. I currently use an old well used dpm chest rig and a warrior tan one but I think it will clash slightly.I know someone else will also be giving a review on the Pencott also so hopefully by new year there should be enough unbiased information avaliable for some of you to make a informed & wise purchase :-)

Only a woman would make sure that her loadout wouldn't clash... :D

A girl always has to look her best on every occasion

That someone else might be me perhaps? I've been thinking about the load carrying vest options side of things too - and I reckon MARPAT will go well with it.... So, I'm going to test it with a Tactical Tailor 2-piece MAV in MARPAT (woodland).

yep :-) soz mate forgot that were you !

I have thought of an idea of having a olive drab chest rig then from that create a large A4 piece of pencott material to go over the front with velcro on the reverse (inside) section having a map/mission brief holder in a clear sleve. With the possibility of having a few little slots for pyro :-)

I done a diagram using the bare essentials of paint , but gives an idea of what im thinking..

Feedback welcome.. Dom ill have a chat abot this with ya lol

n1423187523_30154712_5299.jpg

No worries. :D

By the way, that's a neat idea you have for the chest rig - but it will make it difficult for you to get and out of your mag pouches...

yeh i thought that but if i have a gap in the velcro over the top and use the sides to fasten it might work better. I might leave out the pyro holders as might weight it down to much...time for me to get a olive chest rig and me sewing kit out me thinks :-)

why not have all the pouches in penncott pattern on the foldy bit which does up with snap fastenings and velcro, then have the waterproof map holder and a few small pouches for tactical twix bars, emergency thunderflashes etc on the other side with a strap thing on either side to hold the map (which would be on the reverse of the mag pouches) at 90 degrees to you, leaving both hands free while mapreading.

basically, when it is done up it just looks like a bog standard chest rig, then undo a couple of snap fastenings, rip open the velcro and you'll have emergency dry thunderflashes, a map held open flat for easy hands free reading. (could also be used as an impromptu writing surface, why you'd need to write mid game i dont know, but if mapwork is essential to your games you might need to)

reading your posts now it sounds like the idea you posted was a temporary solution. never mind, the idea here if you want it.

why not have all the pouches in penncott pattern on the foldy bit which does up with snap fastenings and velcro, then have the waterproof map holder and a few small pouches for tactical twix bars, emergency thunderflashes etc on the other side with a strap thing on either side to hold the map (which would be on the reverse of the mag pouches) at 90 degrees to you, leaving both hands free while mapreading.

basically, when it is done up it just looks like a bog standard chest rig, then undo a couple of snap fastenings, rip open the velcro and you'll have emergency dry thunderflashes, a map held open flat for easy hands free reading. (could also be used as an impromptu writing surface, why you'd need to write mid game i dont know, but if mapwork is essential to your games you might need to)

reading your posts now it sounds like the idea you posted was a temporary solution. never mind, the idea here if you want it.

good idea mate :-)

I just wanted to really be able to get a chest rig in Pencott as a interesting project to see whats possible the material covering accross was a cheap and easy to do...

I do like the look of the ones on ebaybanned ..thanks guys all great suggestions :-) has given me a few good ideas

I much prefer chest rigs to anything else just sometimes the carrying options are limited so this might be a good way to keep essential items dry and accessiable

good idea mate :-)

I just wanted to really be able to get a chest rig in Pencott as a interesting project to see whats possible the material covering accross was a cheap and easy to do...

I do like the look of the ones on ebaybanned ..thanks guys all great suggestions :-) has given me a few good ideas

I much prefer chest rigs to anything else just sometimes the carrying options are limited so this might be a good way to keep essential items dry and accessiable

Forgive me for going a bit OT - but given that most women have breasts, how does that effect your choice on rigs? Just out of curiosity.

Archived