Cool new digital camo - and this time its BRITISH

Maple-Leaf

I know its still early days, but is it possible that there can be modifications made to the kit, at an additional cost obviously, for example replacing the hook and loop closures with Canadian tape style buttons?

picky or what, only an airsofter lol :)

looks brilliant though, I'm definitely tempted to even forgo my hook-and-loop allergy for this.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know its still early days, but is it possible that there can be modifications made to the kit, at an additional cost obviously, for example replacing the hook and loop closures with Canadian tape style buttons?

picky or what, only an airsofter lol :)

looks brilliant though, I'm definitely tempted to even forgo my hook-and-loop allergy for this.

I don't see any reason why not :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dom,

What're the chances of purchasing small quantities of 1000D Cordura in the pattern in the future?

There are plenty of guys knocking up small runs of tac gear in the UK, but anything over than a meter or so would probably be overkill for them.

Hello :)

Definitely a good chance of that. It does depend on what agreements we reach with whomever regarding 'authorised' manufacturing with Cordura, but I would push to allow sub-repeat lengths to be sold. I see some great tactical stuff being made already in people's back rooms, it's a proper cottage industry, and a great breeding ground for innovation. I'm all for it :D

On the tac gear subject - don't overlook the possibility of 500 or 600D nylon. Several of the big tac gear manufacturers are producing in the that weight now becuase they've found that 1000D can be a bit overkill, and it also make the gear heavier (an important consideration these days when the average grunt is loaded down with more weight than ever before in history).

Just my 2-Pence worth....

Did I read right that a SAS smock is being produced?

No, what you read was 'prototype', what you wanted to see was 'produced' :P

I've had some useful feedback from Maple-Leaf, and if it goes into production I expect there will be a few changes to it.

It reminds me of several things; a leafy forest floor; a lichen-covered rock; an old mossy tree stump; a wild plain; managed grassland and meadows; the natural camouflage of different types of reptiles and bottom-dwelling fish; I see some traces of WSS oakleaf camo and the French trial version of Flecktarn from 1979/1980....

By the way, you can order a good-sized sample of the cloth from Hyde Definition if you want to see how the pattern might work in your local area.

• 1 month later...
Still waiting for the sample I requested to arrive. Not much chance of me spending any money on this stuff now.

Hey, that's not good, sorry to hear about that (especially this way :huh: )

How long ago did you request it?

If you PM me your name and address, I'll get you another one sent out today.

Cheers,

Dom

Archived