Wal*Mart lulz

Connery

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly why I regard everyone who thinks the government should stay out of business as complete morons. Imagine the *beep* they would do to people, and get away with, if they were allowed to. Not to mention they would get away with paying their workers a dollar an hour. Hell, this shows we need just a little more control, this is just wrong. They make billions a year. $470,000 is nothing. It's like $0.01 is to us.

And before you guys go "YOu CoMMIEZ!", THINK. Do you really think they should be allowed to do this ######? Most of the people who suggest it are already rich, and therefore don't really care anymore about those who make less. Everyone else just goes with it without really thinking what it would mean for you. Like raising min wage. If anything it will boost the economy because teens, who are mostly on minimum wage, and happen to be the ones with the most expendable income are able to spend more, and buy more.

The thing is, how is it our right to tell them whether or not they should pursue what IS LEGALLY THEIRS?

I don't like what they did, but saying we need to nullify contracts (that this lady was too dumb to read or whatever) is ludicrous.

It's like the democrats complaining about how people didn't read the fine print of their mortgages, so we should nullify part of the contract. Read contracts, there's a reason the company spent the money to print them. (Don't believe me? Watch Clinton's Q&A from yesterday.)

This is exactly why I regard everyone who thinks the government should stay out of business as complete morons. Imagine the *beep* they would do to people, and get away with, if they were allowed to. Not to mention they would get away with paying their workers a dollar an hour. Hell, this shows we need just a little more control, this is just wrong. They make billions a year. $470,000 is nothing. It's like $0.01 is to us.

And before you guys go "YOu CoMMIEZ!", THINK. Do you really think they should be allowed to do this ######? Most of the people who suggest it are already rich, and therefore don't really care anymore about those who make less. Everyone else just goes with it without really thinking what it would mean for you. Like raising min wage. If anything it will boost the economy because teens, who are mostly on minimum wage, and happen to be the ones with the most expendable income are able to spend more, and buy more.

If people had any backbone they would stop buying from walmart, I don't buy stuff from Asda for this reason. :)

In Walmart's defense the store probably has helped poor people more than most government programs by providing inexpensive but decent quality goods. Their continual lowering of prices also helps rein in inflation. When I was a poor college student I shopped there almost exclusively. I couldn't afford to boycott them.

Like raising min wage. If anything it will boost the economy because teens, who are mostly on minimum wage, and happen to be the ones with the most expendable income are able to spend more, and buy more.

Raising the minimum wage IMO skews the larbor market. It contributes to fewer jobs or drives legal jobs underground.

I don't shop at Walmart either because of the ###### they pull.

Example: Walmart will get subsidies from towns to build a store so that they can help provide jobs, pay taxes and boost the town's economy. However they don't, what they do is put people out of business, then when tax season arrives they move to the next town (sometimes a block away) because it's cheaper to move than to pay taxes.

Raising the minimum wage IMO skews the larbor market. It contributes to fewer jobs or drives legal jobs underground.

Too true why source a job over where there's health and saftey when you can out source to place that has little/no working ethics and can be paid 1/10th.

In Walmart's defense the store probably has helped poor people more than most government programs by providing inexpensive but decent quality goods. Their continual lowering of prices also helps rein in inflation. When I was a poor college student I shopped there almost exclusively. I couldn't afford to boycott them.

Not necessarily if you can souce your goods from a

1) Cheap source such as local produce, or some other generic examplar here

2) Or in most cases source different foodstuffs/contracts to different (and most defiantly cheapest) company.

Only 'helping' the poor is a somewhat vague aim. Can be achieved by a few a means and ways.

I don't shop at Walmart either because of the ###### they pull.

Example: Walmart will get subsidies from towns to build a store so that they can help provide jobs, pay taxes and boost the town's economy. However they don't, what they do is put people out of business, then when tax season arrives they move to the next town (sometimes a block away) because it's cheaper to move than to pay taxes.

No, they don't, and no, it isn't.

Don't make stuff up, it doesn't do anybody any good.

I dont like Walmart (ASDA in the UK)'s tactics but...I still shop there. Theyre to me the ultimate manifestation of ALL modern life - we all want a lot for nothing. Yes, they screw their suppliers over. But theyre not to blame.

I dont like corporations. Corporate regulations are the most anti-democratic concept ever invented. But we're all to blame.

Id have to ask the rabid anti-Walmarters here...do you have Chinese airsoft guns/equipment etc? If you do, you just plooked your own argument...theres no damn difference between the Chinasoft companies and Walmart.

No, they don't, and no, it isn't.

Don't make stuff up, it doesn't do anybody any good.

If anyone made it up it was Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Crit...rticle_continue

I couldn't find much more on that, so maybe it isn't entirely true.

They do however relocate out of city limits to expand to "Super Stores" after their tax abatement period has expired with a welcoming subsidy from the next town.

This is interesting too http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/pdf/wmtstudy.pdf

Id have to ask the rabid anti-Walmarters here...do you have Chinese airsoft guns/equipment etc? If you do, you just plooked your own argument...theres no damn difference between the Chinasoft companies and Walmart.

There is a large difference from Chinese airsoft companies a well as other corporations that produce their items in China. Including their health care, expansion, and union evasion tactics all practiced in America and not shared by other corporations.

Well we can see how well healthcare is working out in the US right... 44million I think the last count was, US citizens have no health insurance. Many that do find these little clauses and exemptions which makes it damn hard to claim. Pay and working conditions at most of the major corps' shop-floor levels are often pretty bad by modern standards. Walmart, just to name one, has also been successfully sued for enforcing unpaid overtime on its workers.

Yes, poverty level life in the US is better than in China. But the scale is different between the 2 countries also. So yeh, Im gonna compare them. Because theres exactly the same mentality between Walmart and JG. Or Home Depot and A&K. Profit.

Archived