Meathead316

which console?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. 360 or ps3?

• ps3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Onslaught at this very moment the PS3 is in no way better for gamers and is Just a cheap blu-ray player.

Out of that list of games you've listed 2 will also be on the 360 and 2 (being kill zone and risistance where hardly ground breaking top rankers to begin with i'd even go as far to say mediorcer.) At the moment the only exclusives i've any hope for is MGS4 and little big planet........thats it just 2 games.

Until they come out with some decent exclusive titles it'll remain just a cheap blu-ray player.

Hell the only reason I bought mine was because I got it for £200 second hand with a copy of black hawk down in blu-ray.

LOL that wasnt really a serious post. if you noticed its almost exactly the same as marshals. his post was all out for 360, and honestly didnt really explain how it was better.

i guess its what type of games people like? i loved halo, hated halo2,3. gears of war was alright, and there was no other game for 360 i wanted to play.

Well the PS2 controller just seems ergonomic to me, all the buttons in the right place, easy to use. I found the xbox one to be all over the place, which was a bit of a pain when playing assasins creed. Could just be getting used to it I guess.

i think were just used to the PS2 controller. i too have to look down at the buttons whenever i play.

Well the PS2 controller just seems ergonomic to me, all the buttons in the right place, easy to use. I found the xbox one to be all over the place, which was a bit of a pain when playing assasins creed. Could just be getting used to it I guess.

I doubt its more ergonomic than the 360 which comfordably fits in your hand I think its familiarity more than anything. (it is a 10yr old design after all)

The PS2 controller button layout is nearly identical to the xbox's as is the amount of bottons.

My ps3 controller feels tiny, light and flimsy in my hands compared to the 360's

Ironiclly tho sometimes when i'm playing on my 360 with some friends I occationaly refer the Y button as triangle D=

Y'know you have to pay extra for the downloaded stuff right?

No other format will get the episodes as downloads on the initial release of the game, its at very least plausible or maybe almost a certainty(if you're optimistic or a sony fanboy) that PS3 users will get to fork out for them 6-18 months later and PC owners might even get them bundled with the game since they'll be waiting a lot longer for it and as I said, PSN will get exclusive gta4 content, just not good exclusive content...

The 360 is more popular, as it had a years head start and has a more extensive library of games and for the moment, games look better on the 360 than the ps3.

This is set to change though as developers get more used to the ps3's less programmer friendly ways, i feel that ps3 games will start to shine in the next year or so. And HD DVD is dead.

So buy a ps3

Why do people plug the death of HD DVD as a blow to the 360 ?

HD DVD wasnt made exclusively for microsofts console it was developed by toshiba and it was picked up because it was the newest format available at the time. Although microsoft then all but nulified the need for one once it launched the HD movie marketplace.

Which is somewhat better for 360 owners since dont wont need to go and buy a stand alone player anymore.

Like i said darkchild the ps3 has a huuuuge amount of potencial but they need to pull the finger out and release some decent next gen games.

I'm ###### off with sony because I went to the effort to go and buy their "next gen" machine only to find a bland mix of multi-format titles and mediocur exclusives.

I dont give a rats *albatross* about PS home I just want good games...

Yeah, but, theres under £100 difference between the two (20gb xbox and 40gb ps3) and the PS3 is genuinely a better systems now, the xbox is outdated, there are good games for the ps3 and it has that blu ray drive which is a huge plus if you have a hd tv. It'll also last longer as the console is taken advantage of more the games will become bigger. The xbox will already be at the limit of the 9gb or so you can fit on a dvd but the ps3 can go to 50gb and mabe more, if they work out a different way of doing it.

You can still buy an 120Gb elite for cheaper than a PS3.

Atm the PS3 looks all fine and dandy on paper and with the promise of what blu-ray discs can add to the games but thus far have they really shown us ?

No, they just keep telling us "omg its going to be awesome just wait for some good games to be made that take full advantage of the system"

News flash Games take a long time to make and we've been waiting pretty long time already.

Doubtfull that the 360 sales will fall anytime soon not with the steady stream of titles and lives popularity. Although its true that half life 2 did take years it wasnt specifically made for a new generation games console.

So far the PS3 has not delivered anything wirth the price and patience, and tbh it seems we bought the console purely on the speculation of what it can do.

i think some people are getting a bit off topic here, talking about hd movies and the like, the original question was what console to get with respect to gta4.

and the best choice for gta4 and games is the 360. after all, whats a games console without games?

How do you actually know GTA 4 is better on the 360 rather than the PS3?

Have you played it on both consoles? No? Didn't think so <_<

Don't believe everything you read/hear in the media.

i think he was trying to say "you can get gta4 on xbox, and there are alot more games for xbox that you can get in addition to gta4."

id still go with ps3, microsoft to me just seems to just make money. sure thats every buissiness's idea, but microsoft do it so blatantly. if they can charge you for somehting they will. online gaming? that will cost you extra. lame.

id still go with ps3, microsoft to me just seems to just make money. sure thats every buissiness's idea, but microsoft do it so blatantly. if they can charge you for somehting they will. online gaming? that will cost you extra. lame.

Yeah, I would much prefer if a company took my money covertly... ¬_¬

the best choice for gta4 and games is the 360.

It seems quite clear what he meant thewallhitme.

There are not as many real console exclusives anymore when it comes to the the PS3 and 360 but of course the 360 has a bigger back catalogue as it has been on the shelves for longer.

The best advice for the OP is to wait until the game is released (or until reviewers get their hands on it), read as many reviews as you can find, decide which format suits you best and then make up your own mind.

This kind of discussion always descends into hearsay and becomes pointless.

um ive had live for 2 years now and played H3, and COD4 on multiplayer the day they both came out and they both worked perfectly for me. never have had a problem with any game on Live

QFT

live is pretty much perfect, iv read allsorts of problems ppl have recently had with rainbow six vegas 2 on the ps3 where they literally cannot join online games, seems pretty common too.

the only problem i can think live has had was those cod4 connection issues a while back, they were sorted about 2 days after they started - a testement to live's superiority.

as i said earlier, if you are a gamer, the 360 is for you.

Doubtfull that the 360 sales will fall anytime soon not with the steady stream of titles and lives popularity. Although its true that half life 2 did take years it wasnt specifically made for a new generation games console.

So far the PS3 has not delivered anything wirth the price and patience, and tbh it seems we bought the console purely on the speculation of what it can do.

I actually bought mine with the intention of using it as a media centre, games console and for PSP interoperability. Over time new features such as GOOD dvd upscaling and DNLA (check the xbox upscaling comparisons, truly terrible).

Also with my model being BC, I can play sonys back catalogue of 1000's of games. PSN is underestimated in its stability and performance and works perfectly well. Also just about every 360 owner I know are counting down the days till it fails, and often play PS3 and are impressed. I find most PS3 bashers have never played one.

There is no way that Sony will ever allow the PS3 to fail and Im sure it will come good soon.

I feel now I could of waited a while until I bought my PS3 but you live and learn.

Im looking forward to Play TV being launched however as I think it will be a great addition and something I will defo get plenty of use out of.

First, GTA4 isn't for Wii!!!!

Second, If your having problems with live, get broadband

Third, Yeah I heard about the R6V2 glitches on the PS3, Ubisoft tried to put to much into one of the levels (Why wouldn't you it's a PS3) and it couldn't process it fast enough, Whereas one the 360 they put in just a bit less but it's still playable unlike the PS3 version

Archived