• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are making me drool. I'm currently trying to sell my m249 to build an ak74s with the side folder. Problem is, i've had NO luck at ALL finding ak74 upper and lower hand grips. I was going to buy a mauri ak to do this with but am now trying to track down a G&G ak 103 front set to replace my 105. I figure, I've already got a stamped receiver and a more solid gun, why buy another. I saw a G&G 103 converted into a 74s on Red Alliance that looked dead sexy. Thats where my inspiration came from. Also, 1 more question. Is their more room behind the gearbox in an AKS because I'd like to know if I wont be able to put a folding stock onto my G&G receiver with what minimal space there is. Plus one for anyone who wants to help me out!

This is my vision minus the solid stock and instead, a side folder:

DSC03441.jpg

Edited by [BS]_MARS
Part 2:

aks743u-1.jpg

aks742u-1.jpg

aks741u-1.jpg

Plasticmag, that sounds excellent. I'll have to talk to you about that. Thanks

Hello,thegunrunner

You got the best looking AKS-74 here.

May i ask where you got the plum colour ak grip for your AKS-74.

Did you make it yourself?

I have a VFC AKSU,and i really like to replace the black grip with a plum one.

-Fred

You guys are making me drool. I'm currently trying to sell my m249 to build an ak74s with the side folder. Problem is, i've had NO luck at ALL finding ak74 upper and lower hand grips. I was going to buy a mauri ak to do this with but am now trying to track down a G&G ak 103 front set to replace my 105. I figure, I've already got a stamped receiver and a more solid gun, why buy another. I saw a G&G 103 converted into a 74s on Red Alliance that looked dead sexy. Thats where my inspiration came from. Also, 1 more question. Is their more room behind the gearbox in an AKS because I'd like to know if I wont be able to put a folding stock onto my G&G receiver with what minimal space there is. Plus one for anyone who wants to help me out!

This is my vision minus the solid stock and instead, a side folder:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/FW200/DSC03441.jpg

Hiya,

That would be my Ak-74.. sadly there isn't any room in the receiver for a sidefolder.. The real folding mechanism goes into the receiver too far. I looked into converting my Ak into a sidefolder as well but it's impossible at the moment. The Guarder and VFC Ak's have specially designed folding mechanisms but they don't sell these seperate. You could offcourse always try emailing VFC if they do sell that seperate, if they do, I want one :P

I got my handguards from rusmilitary.com.. however they are out of stock now.. :(

This may be slightly off topic, but I figured I would ask it anyway. I have the Cyma .028s , if I bought a CA metal body for the AK47, would it fit on my AK47s? The stock is too wobbly now and I want to convert over to a full stock.

It's very easy to get a folding stock, check www.k-var.com. However, to mount it to an airsoft gun is difficult at the moment.

Plasticmag said that he found a way to get the stock hinge to fit on his CA SLR105. If that works, that's a major step toward mounting real steel folding stocks onto CA SLR105s.

I don't think they are sold seperately. Also, I beleive that their system is different, and you should need their receiver to use the stock, unless you're in for some massive modifcations. Then if you use their receiver, you'll need their barrel, and by that time, you're probably better off just paying $400 for a standard AKS74U.

Edited by thegunrunner
So wouldn't that make it easier to fit a side folder onto a CA?

The Classic Army seems to be the easiest to fit the stock mechanism to. It has three things going for it:

1) The angle at the rear is almost correct. The stock stamped receivers have an incorrect rear shape

2) It's durable cast alumnium, meaning that it can take more stress than a plastic receiver

3) It's easy to test-fit and dremel/cut down

My AK is based on the Guarder kit, which has a specially made stock system that simulates the real Russian one. Because of the gearbox, it is very difficult to get the original real steel parts to fit, but it seems like Plasticmag has figured something out.

Yes. I followed VFC's idea on principle, I had to do a bit of modification to one part of the gearbox, but all in all it's good to go.

Plasticmag said that he found a way to get the stock hinge to fit on his CA SLR105. If that works, that's a major step toward mounting real steel folding stocks onto CA SLR105s.

As I said above, the VFC/Inukatsu approach is the best. The problem is modifying the stock hinge to fit (believe me, it's a LOT of work, and if you mess up...).

Can you get a VFC version folding stock?

No. As TheGunRunner said, they're not available. I think I have a photo from a week or so ago showing some early progress, lemme post it...