Tokyo Marui AKSU ?...

lovecraft25

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... now that I look at it, a 74U with recoil and blowback might be quite a bit of fun. Yeah, the 74M wasn't quite to my tastes but I might have to give this one a go.

I always wanted recoil and some kind of blowback from my guns (even if it is just a lil' bit) so I might have to give this one a try ^_^

Well, see everyone here is complaining about the AKSU, but as I understand it in Japan the only options are the Inokatsu kits (horribly marked up) and the VFC 'conversion' kit (no gearbox included, horribly marked up). Neither has recoil, and neither has a gearbox. With Marui street pricing, this actually looks like a good business move for Marui. Plus, it justifies their new (and non-backwards compatible) AK74 mags.

The PMC one also has a few surprises (416 stock, OA handguard, Noveske-style flash hider), but what I'm interested in is the PX4. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a Makarov from them either, since they're obviously innovating with pistol designs and building a larger Russian lineup after a leave of absence.

I thought the Russian guns were just part of the "PMC" craze. And the production of the AKS-74U seems to fall in with that.

The hobby show that all the videos for the "AK-74MN" came from had the demo guy wearing a load of "high speed, low drag" ###### so I'm not too sure that they're interested in catching the Russian market.

At this point I'm just curious about the potential release date on the AKS-74U. The gun looks darn complete from the pictures so I'm just wondering how long it will be until they hit the HK shops so I can get my greedy little paws on one :lol:

I thought the Russian guns were just part of the "PMC" craze. And the production of the AKS-74U seems to fall in with that.

The hobby show that all the videos for the "AK-74MN" came from had the demo guy wearing a load of "high speed, low drag" ###### so I'm not too sure that they're interested in catching the Russian market.

Probably because he's just the Marui demo man, and he showed off a variety of products - notice he has a generic look. Not PMC, IMO. Looking over the PDI news page, their attention to detail on the AKS74U is INSANE. It even has the proper short bolt handle and rolled stock struts. A winner, if the price was lower.

well seeing how most of the knowhow that went into the tm ak74 has probably gone into the su. I would say that most of the work on the su has been done. release date wise, at most i'd say christmas 08, and the earliest i'd say mabye august/sept (famous last words there!) I would like to see how they will solve the battery storage problem with the confined space of the su's handguard....

Why do you want non-rolled?

So's I can take a TM AK74, some real '74 wood, and some red bakelite mags to have myself an early '80's AKS74 (I'll dremmel that nine into an eight)

Can you even buy non-rolled anyhow? It seems everyone has the Bulgarian rolled out the wazoo.

I've yet to see a non-rolled. Any sources?

The only challenge is the pistol grip. Would other manufaturers fit on a TM?

I believe TM re-angled the motor cage for this one so it has a proper angle to it, so no, other manufacturer's pistol grips will not fit.

I'm excited for the 74U. The detailing that PlasticMag mentioned above pleases my inner realism freak. The MEU looks awesome, and the PX4 has been on my "real guns that should get airsoft counterparts" list for some time now. I'm glad to see it in resin model form! :D

First ever BlowBack AKS74U. Its also going to be authentic like their AK74MN I asume. Good metal, stamped parts, trades. I hope that it comes with real wood.

This may be a turning point for TM. I never liked them for their un realistic AEG's but now my mind might be changed.

No, not your imagination. If it's the same as the AK74MN it's shorter then the VFC, but the TM blow back always resets properly. The VFC will sometimes/often stops half way open after firing.

Judging by that Youtube video I'd say the gun sure looks finished to me!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a June/July release in the HK shops and a price point that won't require me to sell my soul to get one :D

Archived