Lithium-Polymer (LiPo) Battery Primer

infected

I'm kinda having a problem finding a certain size battery. I'm planning on putting it in the King Arms DBAL-I battery case, which is exactly 90mm x 50mm x 20mm.. but i can't seem to find one that both fits, and gives out a halfdecent 30A of discharge with some 1000mah minimum.. preferably @2000. I'm willing to accept a lower capacity but only if they cheap enough so i can buy two. ;P

The closest i got was with the Thunder Power TP4000-2S2PR (5mm too high) and the Poly RC PQ-1600LP-2S (fits but at 28.8A and 1600mah).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is the weird ratio of length to width of the DBAL-I case. Closest I found was the Thunder Power TP2000-2S Li-Poly Battery pack from www.rclipos.com. Why do you need 30A of discharge? What spring are you running, and what motor? Most AEG's don't need over 25 even heavily upgraded.

It's the Systema clone motor in the JG HK416, running a 140 spring. I suggested around 30A as an educated guess, heh.. which it wasent as educated as i thought :D

Anyhows, the one you recommended should be good.. Thanks for the hasty reply. Now i just need to figure out exactly what charger, connectors, balancer and adaptors i need. >.>

After skirmishing my Type 89 yesterday, I'm now desperate to get my hands on a stick-type Lipo battery for that & my old AK. I've not seen this one answered conclusively before, but I'd have thought that somewhere someone would have an answer, as one of the benefits of lipo/li-ion was (IIRC) that the batteries could be any shape. :huh:

I'm kinda having a problem finding a certain size battery. I'm planning on putting it in the King Arms DBAL-I battery case, which is exactly 90mm x 50mm x 20mm.. but i can't seem to find one that both fits, and gives out a halfdecent 30A of discharge with some 1000mah minimum.. preferably @2000. I'm willing to accept a lower capacity but only if they cheap enough so i can buy two. ;P

The closest i got was with the Thunder Power TP4000-2S2PR (5mm too high) and the Poly RC PQ-1600LP-2S (fits but at 28.8A and 1600mah).

Check out flight power's sight.

I'm sure they have an evolite 20C 7.4 1350mah, that is smaller than that.

Greg.

Hmmm... I've noticed some wierd things with my lipo.....

I was running it in a game, and when I hold down the trigger on FA, the ROF decreases with time.... What on earth could this mean? And, I was doing alot of rapid fire semi and the battery wouldn't turn over th motor... I switched it to full, still nothing.... I gave it two minutes, and it worked like normal.... I checked the batter witht he lip checker, and it read 3.8v per cell, so nothing wrong there.... I've got a 30c constant discharge elite 11.1v 3300mah lipo... I highly doubt my gun draws as much as 30c (magnum motor, psyphers AB and RF mosfet, 16 awg ptfe wiring, prometheus gold connectors, systema switch, pdi 170 spring, flat ratio prometheus gears and systema 6mm bushings...) Any idea what this could mean? Is there something wrong with he lipo? Am I using more than 30c, so when the lipo gives out a burst of 50c it gives full rof, and then decreases? This is strange.... I've used the Elite lipo charger to balance charge it only once, and haven't every had it go bellow 3.7v per cell....

Honestly, I'm not sure. The only thing I can really think of is that the motor itself might be having issues. I've had this happen with a Guarder motor. My Guarder high speed motor would fire blazing fast... then the rof started to drop.. now the motor is dead. In my case it was due to a load higher than the motor was really meant for (and the garbage brushes Guarder uses).

Yeah, but the thing is, the motor is working fine now..... Its only when I do prolonged usage that this happens, and it never happens when I use my elite 1500mah 9.6v nimh battery... Hmmm... I just tried this at home (yes dry firing is bad), but I did some rapid fire semi, and nothing like earlier happened, and held down auto for like 15-20 seconds and nothing happened.... Hmmm..... This is really strange....

Yeah, but the thing is, the motor is working fine now..... Its only when I do prolonged usage that this happens, and it never happens when I use my elite 1500mah 9.6v nimh battery... Hmmm... I just tried this at home (yes dry firing is bad), but I did some rapid fire semi, and nothing like earlier happened, and held down auto for like 15-20 seconds and nothing happened.... Hmmm..... This is really strange....

This is tedious, but try taking one thing out of the system at a time. First, start with the mosfet. If the mosfet (or a resistor in the cirucit), is failing, you could see similar issues. If that turns out not to be the problem, try changing the motor out. Let us know what happens. It could be the battery, but those are two other electrical parts you should check as well.

I'm thinking its the mosfet... Its supposed to have AB, but my piston gets "half-cocked" quite often....

Mosfets with AB do not prevent "half-cocking", in full auto, and are not necessarily going to prevent it in semi. The AB stops the motor from spinning, but only after you let go of the trigger. It prevents over cycling in high rof units though.

I'd like to plug a Lipo batery in a G&P M-4-RAS handguard.

I plan to use a 7.4V Lipo with at least 30-32 A for a continuous discharge rate but I don't find anything that fits the tiny room of the handguard.

I think I could manage with the following measures: Long=85mm, Width:20-25mm, Thick:10mm

Anyone knows where to find something like this? any other suggestion about the subject? I hate plugging my batteries in An/PEQs and similar and this particular AEG will not sport a crane stock..... (by the way which Lipo would you fit in a Crane stock? )

Thanks in advance chaps!!!!

Mr2

I'd like to plug a Lipo batery in a G&P M-4-RAS handguard.

I plan to use a 7.4V Lipo with at least 30-32 A for a continuous discharge rate but I don't find anything that fits the tiny room of the handguard.

I think I could manage with the following measures: Long=85mm, Width:20-25mm, Thick:10mm

Anyone knows where to find something like this? any other suggestion about the subject? I hate plugging my batteries in An/PEQs and similar and this particular AEG will not sport a crane stock..... (by the way which Lipo would you fit in a Crane stock? )

Thanks in advance chaps!!!!

Mr2

If you're talking a regular M4 style handguard (not an RIS), most of the nicer 7.4v lipos will fit. Check out the Elite lipos from rclipos.com or the Thunderpower eXtreme v2's.

As far as the crane stock goes, I don't know, but if you look back a few pages someone did find one that fits the buffer tube.

I am still waiting for a bit of cashflow to get in, but in the meantime, i've seen this: http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1770

Just came up and if the dimensions are right.. should fit the stock buffer tube flawlessly.. i'll hve to recheck the lenght to be sure, but overall it'll fit. And if that.. no need for anykind of extra battery storage!

I am still waiting for a bit of cashflow to get in, but in the meantime, i've seen this: http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1770

Just came up and if the dimensions are right.. should fit the stock buffer tube flawlessly.. i'll hve to recheck the lenght to be sure, but overall it'll fit. And if that.. no need for anykind of extra battery storage!

It'll work, but it's still not that great of a battery. We don't know if that 20C is continuous or burst. IF that's continuous, then you're getting 24A max continuous discharge (which should be fine for a stock AEG or slightly upgraded). If that's burst... then it could be as low as 18A, and a waste to switch to a lipoly charger and all that goes with it.

These are supposed to be new (the only visable difference is blue srink wrap on the cells).

The older ones are 12c.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=856

While the new ones are listed as 20c.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1770

I'm planning to order 2 of them next week to try out.

Whats the consensus on the King Arms Li-POs ?

i'm considering getting one of the 11.1V, 4400mAh, 20C ones. I spotted them over at Uncompany, i'm ordering up some parts, it might be simpler if i can just add that to the order at the same time, rather than ordering from all over the place, if they're any good.

i'm considering getting one of the 11.1V, 4400mAh, 20C ones. I spotted them over at Uncompany, i'm ordering up some parts, it might be simpler if i can just add that to the order at the same time, rather than ordering from all over the place, if they're any good.

Pick up an Elite from rclipos.com. He ships internationally, and I think shipping (even internationally) is included in the price. The elite 30C's are much better than any King Arms battery and very well could be cheaper..

ONCE AGAIN. Please REFRAIN from buying airsoft branded LiPoly batteries, and stick with the stuff the R/C world uses and is proven. Most of the people who are putting out Li-Poly batts for airsoft are not being truthful, and the capabilities of the batteries aren't very good. There will come a day when this changes... that day is not today.

Hello all,

Just switched to lipo in my KWA m4 and my TM P90, I went with the Firefox lipos from evike , YES I know you JUST said don't use with them, but i don't have the largest budget ,

1700 mah 11.1v 12c

regardless, so far it works good although I'm noticing a lot of overshot on my M4 (no mosfet yet)

also the performance went up dramatically in the p90 over a 9.6 while the KWA experienced a small performance increase over said battery,

So far I'm very pleased

keep in mind KWA recommends a 11.1v lipo with a maximum of 15c for use in there AEGs so I'm really not underpowering it at all as for the p90 the rof is blazing with that bat so yeah no disappointments there

(All internal are guarder unless stated otherwise goes through bottem of a soda can with ease while KWA will not )

P90 has:

PDI 150

steel gears

extreme fire mosfet ab long(i like infected's better xD)

polycarbonate piston

aluminum piston head

metal bushings

aluminum cylinder head

polycarbonate tappet

new nozzle

new hop up bucking

steel spring guide

No idea about KA, but like Infected, I would steer clear.

The 'Elites' have a good rep.

I have not used them myself. I use Flight power. As yet they have not failed to impress.

There is a new kid on the block but I can't recommend them until I have given them a proper try.

Greg.

Archived