Lithium-Polymer (LiPo) Battery Primer

infected

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes it makes a difference. On all my G36 builds I bypass that wiring completely.

I do the same, with 16swg silicon wire. I do find that the thickness of the cable can be a bind:

It seems to somehow shift the motor cage toward the muzzle of the gun & the screw from the plate in the bottom of the grip will not align.

This sometimes causes the motor to jam.

Or is it just me??

Greg.

thanks for the hlp guy's, well as i leave for a big game at catterick tomorrow i don't have time to fit a mosfet but i have removed the tamiya connector and fitted ec3 connector innards them heat shrinked them, fitted e-flite ec3 connectors which are just as good as deans but seem easier to solder and pull apart/put together. Now got an 11.1v 1200mah flight power battery in there which fits well and i hope to last a fair while.

I'll fit a mosfet after this weekend and see how it goes! cheers-Hugh

Just bought a Flight Power EVO Lite V2 11.1v 800mah Lipo. So far I can't fit it in my Unicorn AKS74U. I think Either I need a smaller pack or some modding to the gun.

Good news is it fits very snugly between the barrel and sidewall of my CASV. Excellent trigger response and high ROF on the KWA M4A1.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been brought up...

I'd like to switch to LiPo's in PEQ-15s, but I'm unsure of what charger I will need. I'd like a safe charger that will last, but I really don't want to spend too much. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also: Just realized the battery listed on WGC to fit the PEQ15 replica says to only use on under m100 set-ups. Are their any others options?

I haven't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been brought up...

I'd like to switch to LiPo's in PEQ-15s, but I'm unsure of what charger I will need. I'd like a safe charger that will last, but I really don't want to spend too much. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It would benefit you to read through the thread as several chargers have been discussed. Check with the guys at RC lipos.com they have an excellent charger from Elite that will handle all your charging needs.

If you're lazy, KA sells a very basic LiPo/LiIon charger that'll work just fine, comes with an in-line balancer and auto-shutoff. It's decent, not great, but $13 or so and is great if you want to get into it without too much money. Has no problem charging my high-end LiPo nor my KA-branded LiIon.

Question for the hive.

I have read a couple of people compare the performance of their 7.4 High "C" rating Lipo to that of a large 9.6 NiMh. My question is, are you comparing the performance to the NiMh before the sizable drop off in performance that you see after the first 200 shots, or are you talking about a freshly peak charged 9.6 NiMh?

I know that my Intellect 9.6 3800mah runs an awesome ROF for the first 200-300 shots after a peak charge, but then the performance drops off.

Also, my gun has high speed gears and motor, and runs a 110 spring and only shoots about 320fps. What LIPO should I get to match the of a peak charged 9.6 3800mah NiMh?

My question is, are you comparing the performance to the NiMh before the sizable drop off in performance that you see after the first 200 shots, or are you talking about a freshly peak charged 9.6 NiMh?

Both batteries were topped off when I tested them. I put my TP eXtreme 2070mah 7.4v pack against my 9.6v Elite 3000mah pack.

hey guys,

I bought a couple of Flightpower evolite 2S 800 , I'm fitting it in the buffer tube of my Colt.

Using standard ratio gear, the ROF is ok.

willing to speed it up a bit, do you think HS gear set is a good idea?

I'm using an SP90 or ms100 spring.

cheers

Bo

budorange:

Speeding it up with a new gearset should be fine, but I'd swap the motor first. I would post a separate thread with the specifics of what you and and what you want instead of putting it here as a majority of people will overlook this thread.

thanks to both of you,

I thought asking a lipo-buffer tube related question in this thread would have been ok, since someone asked in the past, anyway my bad.. :unsure:

if someone is interested I could post some ROF numbers of this battery pack with my actual setup.

I didn't tested it yet on the field, but from in-house firing it sound pretty good for the size..

Have you thought about replacing the motor?

A G&P M120 would make a fair bit of difference (at least it did with me)

I went ahead and tested the M120

FP evolite 2S 800 ,

standard ratio gears, SP90:

Marui EG1000 = 800 RPM

G&P M120 = 930 RPM

thanks!

BudO

You can buy adapters for the different balance connectors, but I know jack all about what specific type you would need.

My charger balances at the same time as it charges, so I just plug the balance tap into it and it does its thing, so if your charger is the same way, yeah, you don't plug the Deans in.

Hope that helps a bit :)

After reading the entire thread I am seriously considering moving to Lipo's

However not for any increased performance over other types of battery what appeals to me is the space limitations.

I have always wanted to put a Magpul CTR stock on my M4 but currently use a crane stock and would need to find a way to put the battery in the buffer tube.

I have seen on this thread various suggestions to the Lipo battery to use, however I am wondering if anyone has used the stock tube from Kings Arms that is designed to take a Lipo battery and if you have used it what's the biggest size battery you have managed to fit in ?

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1435

I know Kings Arms make one but as they are not a well-known battery manufacture I would rather steer clear of their battery.

I should probably add that I'm looking to go with a 7.4v Lipo battery.

if you have read the last page of this thread , I'm using the flightpower evolite 2s 800.

I've the G&P buffer tube which is slightly larger in diameter, compared to the marui, don't know about KA size.

I use a Magpul CTR clone.

yesterday I've played with that gun (a 1J gun), after a couple of hicaps, the V of the lipo dropped about 0,6/0,7 from the initial 8,4 so I suppose I can get 4 to 5 hicaps out of this battery.

(someone correct me if i'm wrong pls..)

changing battery is a breeze..infact i've 2 of them , just in case.

the ROF numbers are depicted some posts above.

I've just seen right now on FP site that they have upgraded their lineup.

Evolite 800 2S which was a :

20C16A cont/30C 24A burst

now is:

Eonlite 820 2S which retain the same size of the above but it sports:

820 mah

20C 16,4A cont /40C 32.8A burst

hope this helps

bO

now is:

Eonlite 820 2S which retain the same size of the above but it sports:

820 mah

20C 16,4A cont /40C 32.8A burst

hope this helps

bO

Flight power just keep on pimping their gear, this will be the third version of this bat in under a year, the first being an 18C!!

Go Flight Power.

Greg.

Archived