Lithium-Polymer (LiPo) Battery Primer

infected

My understanding (and others) is that you can't form a lipo into a cylinder. You can make li-ion into a cylinder, but not lipoly. So is it just a pair of lipoly wafers with a cylindrical tube around it, or is it really a li-ion battery (which would be nothing new).

if it is a Li-ion battery then it explains the poor stats.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone give me an idea as to what battery will be quite small? I'm looking for an 11.1v 2200mah or there about's to fit the hand guard of a kwa g36, these normally take an 8.4v mini or 9.6v mini. I think there may be a small amount of extra space. It's mainly the height of the battery i'm having trouble getting close to the mini's. I have had a flight-power but that was a fair bit taller (3-4mm) than quoted on their site! Thanks-Hugh

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Nov 29 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can anyone give me an idea as to what battery will be quite small? I'm looking for an 11.1v 2200mah or there about's to fit the hand guard of a kwa g36, these normally take an 8.4v mini or 9.6v mini. I think there may be a small amount of extra space. It's mainly the height of the battery i'm having trouble getting close to the mini's. I have had a flight-power but that was a fair bit taller (3-4mm) than quoted on their site! Thanks-Hugh

If I remember right, my Thunderpower 25C 11.1v 2200mAh was about the same size as my mini 9.6v battery.

If I remember right, my Thunderpower 25C 11.1v 2200mAh was about the same size as my mini 9.6v battery.

It's their 2S pack that's the same height as a mini battery. The 3S packs are too tall. I run a Thunderpower 2S eXtreme 2070mah pack in my G36. The 3S pack might barely fit, and it for sure won't fit in G&P's G36 handguards.

ok guy's, picked up my new kwa g36 today, it's the european spec so has a standard size fore-grip :( I'm looking for a li-po to fit, last time i had one of these i could fit up to a 9.6vmini in there but can't remember if there was any room for anything slightly bigger. I was set on an 11.1v li-po as thats what i had previously and the rof was immense! My set-up will be standard apart from a guarder m100 spring which i hope to give 380fps. How would a 7.4v lipo, as large a mah as possible so prob's about 2100-2200mah compare in terms of rof and how long it would last to a 9.6v mini and 9.6v large battery?

thanks-Hugh

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Dec 1 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok guy's, picked up my new kwa g36 today, it's the european spec so has a standard size fore-grip :( I'm looking for a li-po to fit, last time i had one of these i could fit up to a 9.6vmini in there but can't remember if there was any room for anything slightly bigger. I was set on an 11.1v li-po as thats what i had previously and the rof was immense! My set-up will be standard apart from a guarder m100 spring which i hope to give 380fps. How would a 7.4v lipo, as large a mah as possible so prob's about 2100-2200mah compare in terms of rof and how long it would last to a 9.6v mini and 9.6v large battery?

thanks-Hugh

I use a 7.4v 2100mah Thunder Power lipo in my KWA M4. It lasts a long, long time IE about 5 games without charging. I haven't really had it drain yet, I just recharge it every so often. It's about the size of an 8.4v mini NiCad, so size shouldn't be a problem.

I use a 7.4v 2100mah Thunder Power lipo in my KWA M4. It lasts a long, long time IE about 5 games without charging. I haven't really had it drain yet, I just recharge it every so often. It's about the size of an 8.4v mini NiCad, so size shouldn't be a problem.

how's the rate of fire with that battery? Is it comparable with a large 9.6v? cheers-Hugh

how's the rate of fire with that battery? Is it comparable with a large 9.6v? cheers-Hugh

With the Thunderpower eXtreme 2070mah 7.4v, Magnum motor, stock TM gears, Systema bearing bushings, and a PDI 150% spring I was getting up to 25rps no MOSFET. Adding a MOSFET I only saw an increase in 1rps with that setup.

I tried swapping the motor for a Poweredge high torque motor and the ROF has dropped to about 19-22rps (that motor likes higher voltages like the T3k). As for longevity, it's lasted me more than 2,200rnds on semi auto. This is in a G36 btw.

ok guy's, i've gone for a 7.4v 2100mah flightpower battery, i have a guarder m100 spring fitted, rate of fire is ok but nothing compared to the 11.1v. I have noticed a tamiya connector in between the battery and the gearbox (i'm running e-flite ec3 connectors on the battery and end of the wire) Would it make much difference if i was to remove the tamiya connector and either solder the wires together or replace with another ec3 connector? cheers-Hugh

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Dec 3 2008, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok guy's, i've gone for a 7.4v 2100mah flightpower battery, i have a guarder m100 spring fitted, rate of fire is ok but nothing compared to the 11.1v. I have noticed a tamiya connector in between the battery and the gearbox (i'm running e-flite ec3 connectors on the battery and end of the wire) Would it make much difference if i was to remove the tamiya connector and either solder the wires together or replace with another ec3 connector? cheers-Hugh

It might. I would either put a better connector there (deans or something better than tamiya), or if it doesn't impede the takedown process, just make it a straight through wiring job and lose that connector.

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Dec 3 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes!

Bjorn

ok well the 7.4v isn't giving me the rate of fire i would like with a guarder m100 in my kwa g36. This is producing 370fps with this spring. Looks like i'll be off to the shop again tomorrow to get another 11.1v, however it looks like the only battery that will fit the standard g36 hand-guard is a flight power 11.1v 1200mah li-po.

My question is....how long is this likely to last? Will i get a full days gaming out of it, i'm not that trigger happy and only shoot what i know i'll hit. I only ask as i have a all weekend game this weekend and i will take the charger with me as we will have mains power but i don't want to use it for half the day and then find it's puffed up due to it running to low. I may possibly be able to fit a 1500mah 11.1v flight power in there but it's doubtful. cheers-Hugh

I used a half-charged 1800mah 7.4 on a weekend milsim game recently, shot about 3000 rounds. Still juice left when I got home.

should last a while then lol! I'll charge it just incase when i stop for dinner but thats put my mind at ease a bit! thanks-Hugh

I have noticed a tamiya connector in between the battery and the gearbox (i'm running e-flite ec3 connectors on the battery and end of the wire) Would it make much difference if i was to remove the tamiya connector and either solder the wires together or replace with another ec3 connector? cheers-Hugh

Yes it makes a difference. On all my G36 builds I bypass that wiring completely.

What you do is extend the wiring coming directly from the gearbox so that it proturdes into the battery compartment. I just connect the battery to that, thus bypassing extra connectors and extra wiring.

Archived