Marine Loadouts Pt.2

crackisbad

Now, when the series kicks off a lot of Marines are using rigs over their armour. Rudy Reyes is using a COYOTE BROWN FLC (Check the scene in Ep.1 when he is putting all his gear on, then he goes for his morning "run".)

Actually, he's using a Coyote H-Harness over his IBA. When he puts it on before his run, you can clearly see it. I believe it's BHI

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure it's because it's part of the new block 2, which has all FDE (Flat Dark Earth) accesories. There's a picture of it some where, I'm sure some other people have it.

I believe Rudy Reyes' load bearing vest is an Eagle Industries MLCS H-Harness.

The PANTAC replica can be found here:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=25627

Enjoy

most PEQ15s here are CB, but there are some black ones. and yes, its because block II gear is CB.

colberts vest is a BHI type. not sure of the name. check their website.

spec-ops over armor would also be appropriate.

and at the time, the main shotguns were the m870, m500, and w1200.

-Joe

The new SDS Dumper arrived.

My head didn't go in, but a slightly smaller head prolly could. This huge pouch reminds me more of a shopping bag. Maybe it's made for carrying puppies in Iraq? :)

Photo 1/1:

08b9f507.jpg

the drawstring isnt the issue. the issue IS, however, the complicated and useless mounting system.

-Joe

I will have to field test the pouch to see if it's too bulky, but I cannot see how the mounting system is "complicated" or even "useless". It's just 2 MOLLE straps secured by 2 stud buttons, just like any other MOLLE equipment. It's actually more comfy to attach, because the MOLLE straps are rather short and not the stiff but flexible type. Plus I can see how it could be belt-mounted if need be. I am not saying this is the best dump pouch ever (that needs to be field tested), but I can't see how it's so much more inferior to the conventional dump pouch design.

@ McArthur- The FLC has more "estate" for pouches, and if it gets too hot under that OTV, you can always take off the OTV, resize the FLC, and use that (In airsoft). In a combat zone, it's probably just to have more MOLLE estate.

Does anyone here have experience with the USGI waist packs?

Was it uncomfortable to wear on a vest? I have only used it as a bag, but I'm contemplating attaching it to my FLC as a way to carry more items at skirmishes (Like ones where you can't go back and get anything and everything has to be on your person), and to balance it out.

Was it uncomfortable to wear on a vest? I have only used it as a bag, but I'm contemplating attaching it to my FLC as a way to carry more items at skirmishes (Like ones where you can't go back and get anything and everything has to be on your person), and to balance it out.

No it wasn't uncomfortable unless you tried to lay down on your back or sit in a seat of some kind. After awhile I got tired of using it as a waist pack so I wore it like a shoulder bag (okay like a manly purse). But I never put it on my body armor, only my FLC. And only for greenside stuff.

KWP: well, nmo. it is complicated because of the way it threads, and how high up that makes it mount. also, the snaps for the molle are inside the loops, making them hard to access. all that, and you really cant mount it securely on a belt because it is up way too high.

if you like it, thats cool, but i hate it. i am using a granite tactical dump trunk now because it is MOLLE/belt mountable, and VERY stoable (zippers up nice and small on the outside of my radio pouch or under my blouse on my MCMAP belt).

it isnt that big, so if i need more space, i can always use my CSM or specter dumpers in addition to it.

those are the 3 pouches that i would recommend. the MOLLE sustainment pouches actually make good dumpers as well, when mounted using only the upper 2 molle straps.

-Joe

Archived