Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.3

Titleist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THATS what you all are making a fuss about? That stupid helmet? Everone wears that thing most of the time its worn during mff operations, its worn by everyone down to the 82nd airborne lrrp. Its not SEAL specific. Some people wear the cutouts and some dont. It even gets painted like the mich.

yes the swimmer headset and the prc-148 replica is good to go for a seals loadout. the talkabout does fit inside the case of the replica radio but you need to modify it alittle bit by removing a few nubs inside the case to actually make it fit. its not complicated at all. i believe you can get the headset and mbitr replica at www.dentrinity.com from last i heard where these were available, otherwise i heard ebay was good for finding just the radio.

I had an issue with one of my talkabouts not working in the Toy Soldier MBITR with my headset.

The radio fit in the MBITR shell just fine but with my Cavalry Elite II it would not fit with the headset plugged into the side of the radio itself.

The headset plugs into the side of the talkabout, meaning the radio would not fit into the MBITR shell with the headset plugged in.

I had to cut a small section out of the side of the MBITR shell for the plugs to fit in. Now it fits fine and allows the headset to be plugged in.

I find it a pain now, so I just store my radio in my MAP or in a GP pouch elsewhere on my rig, leaving the MBITR shell empty. I find it works alot better now, especially since you basically have to breakdown the entire MBITR shell to turn on/off the radio or change your channels....

Maybe one of these days someone will offer a non-sucky PRC-148 repro. Functional perhaps.

That would be awesome.

I would love to get ahold of just the shell from a real one. I've spoken to our supply system about broken PRC-148's, and they need to be sent back to THALES, obviously.

I have been seriously thinking about contacting THALES about trying to acquire just the shell.

I had to take a course from THALES a few years ago about the PRC-148 before one of our deployments, and have a couple contacts from within the company.

Who knows, maybe......

You will absolutely NOT get any parts from Thales. I used to work for them on a project on a new radio that I can't fully talk about, but I asked about shells, and just like Insight they are NOT allowed to sell any parts whatsoever to the civilian market. And all part requests have to be official purchase requests, i.e departmental, not individual.

Till then, oh well, we'll just wait and have to live with it. I have mine filled with a milled piece of wood, prevents it from caving in if I fall on it.

What length of the M203 barrel is correct for a SEAL loadout? Long or short? I can only recall seeing shorter barrels but something's telling me they use longer barrels as well, on a modern loadout that is.

I'm really interested to put it on my M4, with a 14.5" barrel. I like the long M203's look but I want to be as accurate as possible.

Archived