Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really weird, but kind of cute/funny; In the beginning of today's OP, a friend's kid(I'd say about 6ish) decided to drive his Big Wheels "Jeep"(similar to this) onto the field since they wanted a "supply truck" to hold all their gear/ammo. Sadly the road to our spawn point was mainly sand and needed assistance to get through. It finally broke down at the respawn and had to be put back at the staging area.

Also, this sand on the road wasn't like patted down sand, but beach soft sand. A Dodge Ram actually dug itself into it. Deep. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Played in an abandoned anti-air battery near Bucharest only to find out weeks later that parts of it were used for depositing mildly radioactive waste from a nearby research center.

Found a headless blow-up doll in the same building that day. Only to find the head in a hole in the ground at the end of the day.

Landed on several stuff while jumping for cover, including wild stings, anthill, an opfor player and a "biological mine".

Watch an experienced AEG-wielding player get taken out by his 11 year old brother with a spring MP5 from more than 60 feet away.

Get stuck knee deep in mud near a small creek.

Watched a friend duck into cover against a mound of soil which made up part of a trenchwall, only for him to jump up in about 2 seconds time in the middle of a firefight and start shaking himself down screaming "get it off!"

I found out later on that he'd gone and dived straight onto an enormous ants nest.

One game: Two incidents.

First one, At Operation Sudden Strike: 2 (The colorado version of national gaming =P) it was raining like crazy. About three/four guys had dug in in a wood/earth barricade. My team was in some rocks about a hundred yards from them. Both sides just taking random sprays at each other. I was getting cold from the rain, so I requested a gas pistol and was promptly given a KWA G17. I put my primary down and told everyone to give me ample cover fire. So the second I take off I'm running super low to the ground and quick GOW stlye ( =D) and I eventually hit the other side of the barricade. Literally hit. I peak up over and start blasting frantically and gangster style at two enemies I heard both of them call hit. Cuz of the rain, my goggles were to fogged to see much. I heard to hits and then felt a bb hit me in the neck. I called myself out and walked back to the rocks which was also our FOB. After I got back I took a few pot shots and realized that the pistol wasn't actually shooting anything. I checked the mag and the spring had been locked down and was stuck half way in the mag. I'll never know how I got two people with a 0.00 BB's.

Second one, was the next day. I had just been shot in the teeth and was conversing with the Force Commander of the Hajji forces and watching the fire fight. I watched the 8 man team of Special Forces (These guys put the special in special forces.) make a death charge screaming and running across the bottom of this valley. One of the Hajjis (who is known throughout the state for his mortar) fired off a nerf howler at them. I kid you not, they stopped and looked up, just staring at the incoming round. Then I hear them start screaming and running all in the same direction trying to avoid this blatant bright blue screaming football. Airsoft is probably not their sport, they should all be playing football. Needless to say, all eight of them caught the touchdown pass.

Give that man the "Anthill" perk. :)

I'll take one of those too... Coz naturally, later the same day, I go and jump on the same damn ants nest... Hilarity enuses for aforementioned mate who had the ###### ripped out of him earlier...

i had a similar story except i was in the army cadets and we stopped off at a McDonald's just after 24hr exercise and as we left my RSM shouted "Its off to Iraq then" (well was funny at the time), sorry i really don't have any airsoft related funnys/wierd stuff to share

kinda makes me feel left out :(

At some of the Fields out here in Oregon we have Dairy Queen restaurants at one in particular we usually come in with about 50-75 folks after games, it is a hoot! of course the help has pretty much gotten used to us since we visit with frequency however the other customers havent!

Probably the weirdest is when I found BB's in my Wallet 5 days after a skirmish, I did not even take my wallet into the playing field.

The funniest was when I charged a fully garrisoned pillbox of highly upgraded AEG's, with a springer P99. Got the whole pill box out, needless to say there were 5 angry men who had just got shot from 5 feet away with a neon orange springer shooting .12's.

Them's good skills

Much agreed...

wait... you live on the Isle of Man?! You *bramston pickle*!

When sneaking around an alternative path to flank the opfor, you stumble across a couple in the process of fulfilling a voyeuristic BDSM scene... I knew i should have brought my camera phone with me!

What's wrong with the Isle of Man?

Absolutely nothing.

Things have probably changed in the last twenty years but back then it seemed like a utopia.

Especially the mad Sunday bike thing.

I think governments across the world could learn a lot from the Manx common sense approach to law & order. Do they still have the birch?

Shame about the rain.

Greg.

I think they do - and the Death Penalty - but neither are ever used now.

Although, things are going down hill - they had a serial killer a couple of years back, he killed 2 people before the plod got him. He got the Death Penalty, but like always the British Home Secretary - on behalf of Her Majesty - politely asked for the sentence to be communted to Life, and the Tynwald politely wrote back and said that they'd do that if the British Government would house the convict, to which they agreed, and he was sent to Liverpool and points beyond.

Well i was just sneaking in dense woodland 20 metres from the road which the enemy was guarding. Then one of them heard me and was coming closer, so i had to take some cover and i saw a big hole in front of me and i jumped in whitout thinking...

First thing i noticed was a horrible smell, second thing was a skull and jawbones and loads of maggots, then i looked down and i saw the rest of the corpse... I jumped in a rotting Moose corpse thrown into a small pit... Yeah i took cover there and shot the enemy :D

Nowadays i always check holes for moose corpses.

• 1 month later...

Was playing as OPFOR(dressed as hadji) and was crouch walking to get a better look around the big bush in front me. Saw a Tan( it was Green + OPFOR vs Tan at the moment) and we were looking at each other for ~5 minutes from a distance of about 15yrds thinking he was dead as there were other casualties down the hill. When I finally noticed there was no dead rag, I was checking and double checking to see if he was either Tan or Green since I couldn't see clearly from my foggy goggles. We exchange a small amount of dialog and I yell to my CO what I should do. My CO yells "SHOOT HIM!" as he had heard our conversation. Just as I get ready shoot, he's already got his gun up and pulls the trigger. Luckily, I ran just as he pulls the trigger but I get hit not too long after as I walk back to check if I can get a clear shot of his location.

Was playing as OPFOR(dressed as hadji) and was crouch walking to get a better look around the big bush in front me. Saw a Tan( it was Green + OPFOR vs Tan at the moment) and we were looking at each other for ~5 minutes from a distance of about 15yrds thinking he was dead as there were other casualties down the hill. When I finally noticed there was no dead rag, I was checking and double checking to see if he was either Tan or Green since I couldn't see clearly from my foggy goggles. We exchange a small amount of dialog and I yell to my CO what I should do. My CO yells "SHOOT HIM!" as he had heard our conversation. Just as I get ready shoot, he's already got his gun up and pulls the trigger. Luckily, I ran just as he pulls the trigger but I get hit not too long after as I walk back to check if I can get a clear shot of his location.

Thats where radios and throat mics come in handy... I'd recommend the IASUS NT3 series, mainly cause i've tested it and it be great, that and i'm plannign to get it myself! :P

Archived