Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was late coming up on a field once, everyone was out playing. The field was a good 100m away from where the cars got parked. I pull up along side, whereupon my car is promptly showered with BBs.

A 40mm grenade had been left in the sun, and the gas popped off, at my car.

similar with me...

only diff was someone(Dingo, lucky he aint on here) in the safe zone approx 10m. accused me of shooting him with my M99 bolt action (460fps) in the nuts... which i'm pretty sure i didnt, even though i was aiming at him.

I'm pretty sure if i did shoot him in the nuts at 10m with a 460fps gun, he'd be squirming on the floro making mewling sounds instead of jumping up and down shouting at the top of his lungs swearing at me, and giving away my entire teams position!

He was already giving us away when i told him to shut up and sit down or i may decide to shoot him to shut him up...

b4 i got the chance though our opfor (his allies) decided to shoot him first anyways... lol

hrmm...

This Saturday a newb-tard chucked a grenade at me & it landed at my feet.

Normally I'd kick it back but feeling charitable, I figured I'd let it go off & take the hit.

Ten seconds later it was obvious it wern't going off & I could here the Newb gang discussing what went wrong.

I asked the Newb-tard if he would chuck me the cap to the nade for inspection, which he did.

I used this to strike the Grenade (which he hadn't :huh: ) & chucked it back saying that it seemed to be working now.

Bang!

Oh deer.

Greg.

PS. Apparently he'd been talking during the 'strike with cap' bit of the grenade briefing. :lol:

Last sunday at my local site, had a camera guy come up t omy friend who is in an AO2 mask takes a photo of it and then say ok now smile for me.

He was probably joking but my friend just cocked his head and pretty much facepalmed.

• 3 weeks later...
I fell asleep at a game with just my friends once. They couldn't find me after the game was over, and were looking for me for a while. I couldnt hear them, because my head was inside my PC. I eventually got woken up from whistles. They were relieved lol.

How is it that you guys find a way to fall asleep during games? I don't think I'd be able to, heh.

Head in your PC? How'd you manage that?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this qualifies but...(This was at Combat South Woodland)

In the initial speedball warmup game, the hop on my MP5-PDW decides it wants to die. No biggie, I borrowed a friend's Glock 17, as the PDW was my only gun, and it was near enough rendered useless...

Couple of games later a few of us are defending just south of the village, over the ridge by bakers if any of you know it. I turn around and one of the enemy is there...before I get to shoot I hear him say

"Don't shoot! Where's the yellow spawn point?"

So I lower the Glock and guide him to the edge of the village so he knows where to go...along the way I end up with making a deal for a barely used MP5 A5 for £70 including a dropleg and a few mags to go with my exiting supply of MP5 bits...

Few months later it's still going strong and going to be the gun for the missus to use in a few weeks :)

Found it pretty weird I get this deal the same day as mine dies, and it's another MP5 so I didn't have to worry about getting more mags ETC

Maybe not a wierd thing but fairly stupid I thinks.

One of my first airsoft games, and we had to storm this facility that was buried in woodland, surrounded by some dense grass. So our team is moving up, crawling up. And about 60 feet ahead of us feet ahead of us the facility and to left about 40 feet away, I notice movement in the grass that's slowly moving towards us. So in my wisdom shout "SNIPER 40 FEET!" We pepper him, and the other team peppers him. ....He was on our team and somehow had managed to get within 10 feet of the objective before I called him... Needless to say, he wasn't happy.

The only other thing, was I didn't remember seeing a walking bush around game start. Ooops =P

So in my wisdom shout "SNIPER 40 FEET!"

That happened to me, but as a sniper. I was crawling my way to their base. Suddenly someone (didn't recognize the voice) shouted "Sniper just ahead!". I was almost sure that voice was from the enemy, as i was evading them, so i hid myself and was trying to take them down. Then i had the idea to call for reinforcements now that i was still alive, so i pressed my PTT and shouted "Romeo, Romeo, Juliette is in danger, Charlie 5, come and save her!". Immediately got my answer:

-"Juliette, Juliette, Romeo here, we are at Charlie 5, but being held down by a *suitcasey* sniper, will take him down and rescue you"... awesome thing is that the enemy saw it all, but didn't shoot because they were laughing their asses off...

umm at todays game in the Drakelow Tunnels. we'd been talking all day about it being haunted and it feeling cold in parts (got some wierd photos too...) and 2 of our team had seen something move from left to right in a dead end closed wall tunnel.

3 of us went back later on to check it out while everyone else stayed for a briefing. Nothing happened in that tunnel but we moved into a different tunnel and we were all shining the torches down the end and a rock got thrown behind us. We spun round and there was no-one there so we legged it into the main corridor tunnel and there was no-one to be seen. Well spooky, we were straight back to the safe zone after that!!!

The guys that run it said they had been there for 4 days and one time were all stood in the landrover headlights and noticed 4 shadows - there were only 3 of them. They stood dead still and the 4th shadow moved around and stood next to one of them - WIERD.

umm at todays game in the Drakelow Tunnels. we'd been talking all day about it being haunted and it feeling cold in parts (got some wierd photos too...) and 2 of our team had seen something move from left to right in a dead end closed wall tunnel.

3 of us went back later on to check it out while everyone else stayed for a briefing. Nothing happened in that tunnel but we moved into a different tunnel and we were all shining the torches down the end and a rock got thrown behind us. We spun round and there was no-one there so we legged it into the main corridor tunnel and there was no-one to be seen. Well spooky, we were straight back to the safe zone after that!!!

The guys that run it said they had been there for 4 days and one time were all stood in the landrover headlights and noticed 4 shadows - there were only 3 of them. They stood dead still and the 4th shadow moved around and stood next to one of them - WIERD.

Care to share these "weird photos?"

Care to share these "weird photos?"

These are from the first game we played two weeks ago, their off my mates face book page (photos 24, 25, 26) http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.ph...p;id=1207882538 I haven't got the ones taken yesterday yet but they are basically the same. The white "smoke" only appears on photos taken in a certain tunnel (the main one)

Bear in mind there was no smoke or pyros in play at this point. Also we took pictures at the start of the day of our mate running towards us in the same tunnel and he wasn't in the photo (photo 2) and you can barely see him and in the second pic (photo 3) he is a white blob. very very odd.

Archived