Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

I wouldn't consider it to be cheating unless you clearly indicated that you were not in play - ie "dead" - when you were not "dead". If they just assumed you were dead without checking, that's their fault.

A group of people from my OTC while I was at Uni managed to achieve this during an exercise with the TA Paras, simply stopping shooting after a while and being assumed "dead" but not checked properly, then when the Paras had gone passed we jumped up, shot the crew of their landy-mounted GPMG and used it to kill most of their platoon. The DS were very impressed...

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That can backfire on you though.

Theres a guy at my regular site whos done this a few times, now he gets shot even when we're almost certain he's dead. Everyone else on the site can put rifle over shoulder and go to regen, he'll get lit up for anything less than a hand straight up.

That can backfire on you though.

Theres a guy at my regular site whos done this a few times, now he gets shot even when we're almost certain he's dead. Everyone else on the site can put rifle over shoulder and go to regen, he'll get lit up for anything less than a hand straight up.

Yeah definitely, I'm not recommending everyone go out and try it, certainly not more than once. However, the way I was just casually walking along in full view of every man and his wife without being challenged once was strange I thought; then again I reckon I'd do the same. When you're expecting everyone to be moving carefully between cover and firing then someone plodding past you doesn't seem to pose any threat so you ignore it and carry on with what you think you should be doing (i.e. firing at the active opposition).

I don't know where I got the idea to be honest, obviously it's mostly a training/exercise/skirmish only tactic where you can take advantage of the fact you could be walking around and still mistaken for 'dead' or out; then again who's not heard of the trojan horse? Simplified play on the same concept.

That's why we use deathrags over here...

th_P1010004.jpg

edit:

That means: If you don't use the deathrag expect to be shot, i will shoot you if you don't use a deathrag or put your hands up.

Aye deathrags or gun socks are a excellent idea, however places like GZ where you get 150-300 people is abit difficult to maintain. Even team identification gets taken home accidently. We use different tags at GZ rather than tape.

Tbh it all depends on the size of site/how many players turn up.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hiding in an assasination game, as one of the assasins. While I'm waiting for them to get in my sights, a house cat comes by and decides to take a dump near me. Then, (2nd failure) the cat sits right in front of me. Further, (3rd failure) I can't shoot the VIP because the stupid cat was in the way. I move to get a clear shot, but am spotted, and therefore lit up. :(

I was hiding in an assasination game, as one of the assasins. While I'm waiting for them to get in my sights, a house cat comes by and decides to take a dump near me. Then, (2nd failure) the cat sits right in front of me. Further, (3rd failure) I can't shoot the VIP because the stupid cat was in the way. I move to get a clear shot, but am spotted, and therefore lit up. :(

Quite clearly a BattleCat.

either: getting ready to abush with my old shotgun and nearly getting trampled on by a stray cow (it walked right over me). :nosleep:

OR

slamming my back into a tree as cover and it snapping (I didn't realise it was dead) :huh:

(smilies indicate my face on both events...)

This was not to me but a Marshal who was at the safe zone. A man came up to him and asked could he take his land rover round. The Marshal said no. The guy said it was marked on the map as an off road track. The marshal explained that there was a game on and there were people firing guns out in the wood. The man then asked if he could I take it around any way. The marshal then asked the rather stupid man to leave.

I remember a game at Proteus where an old guy cycled through the middle of everyone, which is impressive as Im fairly sure you had to climb over the fence/gate to get in and across...

Also at Proteus I was defending a window when half a dozen guys on the other team came in and started chatting to me (not realising I was on a different side).

Very quietly backed towards the door while they were distracted and left a grenade behind me :P

I wonder if that would be considered cheating. I want to try it now. :D

there was a Terminator themed day at SWAT last month, I was on the Terminator team, we could only walk and had to "power down" for 60 seconds when we were hit. The amount of people who just didn't fire at us as we walked into the buildings was amazing. (think of the police station scene in Terminator) I managed to walk clear into the center of one of the buildings before they decided I was hostile... By then it was way too late for the poor resistance :)

The same game, one of the guys was taken out by a grenade that landed right next to him. He was laying on the floor under a load of sheets and things waiting to "reboot" when he was "ambushed" by a group of marshals and players because the grenade had set the sheets he was under on fire! he hadn't even realized!

a similar thing happened when we were carrying a downed pilot out on a stretcher, someone lit a smoke and the fuse popped off and started burning his jacket... got that one on video somewhere :)

That reminds me of a time we were walking down a long path at Fireball Squadron and I noticed a guy a few metres ahead of me had orange smoke coming out of the thigh pocket of his combat trousers - a smoke grenade had cooked off in his pocket somehow, and threatened to set his trousers on fire if he didn't get it out in time - you know those things get hot, I wouldn't want to try to pick one up once it was smoking properly, but this guy had no choice.

The lighted smoke set off some others in his pocket too, before he managed to dump the lot. About £7 worth of somkes were wasted, and there were a few burns on his trousers - fortunately he wasn't seriously hurt...

I've seen that happen before... Usually comes from popping the striker cap off then dumping the pyro back in a pouch or pocket... I heard about someone being unfortunate enough to have caught a thunderflash in the hood of their jacket... :s I don't know the outcome of the story but I can imagine he could hear bells ringing!

I pointed out to a fellow player, that he was unable to feel the hits he had recieved on the mag pouches on his chest rig.

The 'wierd thing' was that he ageed, asking that people shot him in the face instead. :huh:

Greg.

PS. It was a 350 site & he had no face protection :unsure:

The other funny things that happen would be going to fast food places for lunch still dressed in camo and all. It's great (read- hilarious for us) to see people's reaction when 15+ people dressed in camo (some still wore their vests...) simultaneously walk into a Wendy's.

i had a similar story except i was in the army cadets and we stopped off at a McDonald's just after 24hr exercise and as we left my RSM shouted "Its off to Iraq then" (well was funny at the time), sorry i really don't have any airsoft related funnys/wierd stuff to share

kinda makes me feel left out :(

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much weird as odd thing to happen on a skirmish... We were playing a night game on an airfield and it was about 2am. Myself and a teammate walked into the enemy camp talking in usual voices saying we came in peace. Didn't get any reply and so assumed the camp was empty, bar the nice fire. We noticed the objective was sitting there so we decided to take it, which is when they sprung from behind cover and threatened us.

One conversation later, teammate and I are walking out of their base with what can only be described as a 15ft smouldering log over our shoulders. We carried it about 500m back across the field to our camp and dumped it on our tidily fire, then decided it was time for food.

Archived