WW2 Kit Discussion

PrivateCobb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The mosin was used by the russians since 1891, but until 1930 they were actually even longer than this version so it wouldn't be technically accurate, but for airsoft purposes it would be great. Thats why I chose to convert a mosin nagant, because it allows me to use it for so many different impressions basically every major war has seen use of the Nagant to some extent. I could even use it for a modern insurgent impression if I had to.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got myself a british para loadout, sadly no pics at this moment and I am missing a few things before it's complete, but! being a bit of a sniper-freak I looked around on the interwebs a bit, looking for info about british snipers in normandy and came across this:

linky

Now, I know it's not real documentation but it seems like he based it off of the info provided by a former british sniper and I really like the look of the outfit and already have most of it.

Got a few questions for you other WW2 folk though:

Would it be silly to base a loadout on the info giving in the link? in other words: would you other WW2 airsofters "allow it" in a WW2 game as being historical.

Also, anyone know if it's possible to attach the webbing suspenders to the webbelt without using the ammo pouches at the front?

• 3 weeks later...

Thats sounds like a really interesting document. I've read through some reference material on the 78th from africa to italy, and the RWK history during the second world war. They aren't the most glorious unit, but as a local lad it feels appropriate to pick them. I have a couple of friends working on thier kit, and we're hoping to get an armed and equipped unit together by the end of the year.

I just need to stop perving on the Shoot n Scoot Bren...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know any resources for Naval clothes/gear? I've seen some Kriegsmarine stuff on sale, but American and British seems to be quite rare. I would guess that there are at least SOME naval re-enactors, but i'm presuming that for the gear, eBay is pretty much the only choice.

This is what i managed to find:

http://www.buzzricksons.com/index.php

They do quite reproductions of Navy/Army/USMC gear too. The company is japanese but they have European and American store too. Don't know about the quality of the reproductions, but i'm assuming that since they're japanese, that they know their stuff.

If you go to the forums here http://wwiireenacting.co.uk/ you will find a section for US Navy, in that area you will find a contact for US Navy uniforms. He sourced all my WW2 US Navy submariners uniform for me and was a great price as well.

• 2 months later...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/857/39009720206167654607910.jpg/

Hi guys, sorry for FAQ... I want to know where to purchase MP pouches like this. EU stores would be great.

And one more question, is there anywhere MP pouches made from leather? I know post war Yugo model had some but any WW2 models?

Early/Pre-war there are some examples in black leather, but you don't see them very often once the war started.

You can get standard canvas ones like the picture from most WW2 gear sellers, Richard A Underwood has some nice drab canvas looking ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

combox.jpg

Hallo everybody there is my kit :) fell free for any suggestion,

Looking pretty good there. Two small suggestions. The lightweight ressie case usually goes on the small of the back or suspended from it's sling to hang vertically rather than horizontally and so to hang over the left hip. If you put it on before your webbing it stays in place.

Lastly you need to blanco your webbing. UK troops (apart from some notable exceptions) coated their webbing with a preservative water based paint called blanco that makes the webbing actually dark green. If webbing was worn in the med it was scrubbed with salt water to make it very sand coloured.

Everything you need to know about blanco on CWs excellent site

www.blancoandbull.com

Blancoed webbing looks like this:

fullweb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived