DPM & MTP kit thread

Everything in that picture has been scrapped, that pic is years old.

the next phase of PECOC trials is this month, ill tell you all when any decisions get made on kit, camo patterns etc.

Darkchild

If you're allowed to, it'd be awesome if you could keep us updated with pics!

Ta.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately im not going to be there (its in Cyprus) as i am part of a much larger Exercise most of this month, but i will tell you guys the results (if any, these things have a habit of going nowhere for years).

Also, im trying to negotiate a complete set of PECOC gear for myself, so fingers crossed!

Darkchild

Modern Royal Marines Commando impression.

Kitlist:

Issue S2000 smock and trousers.

Issue Flak vest. Filled with foammat and fake plates

Webtex general ops vest.

Issue mk6 helmet with dpm cover.

Issue pro boots.

A&K m249p with Mag 100rd boxmag and Guarder sling.

Cavalvy headset

Fdc pmr radio

Noname gloves

Noname glasses

All the needed gear to play a 48h milsim.

IMG_0308.jpg

Thank you for the comments guys (and girls? )

You're right. The minimi is missing the gas plug. Chinese monkeymetal + small springs and ball bearings is not a good idea.

About the flakvest, I've seen alot of pictures where the wear the flakvest like I do.

/Lajjvo

About the flakvest, I've seen alot of pictures where the wear the flakvest like I do.

/Lajjvo

Its called an ECBA (enhanced combat body armour) and it goes over a shirt, but under a smock (to access the pockets) if you have seen photos of people wearing ECBA over a smock then they are probably non combat units.

Darkchild

Its called an ECBA (enhanced combat body armour) and it goes over a shirt, but under a smock (to access the pockets) if you have seen photos of people wearing ECBA over a smock then they are probably non combat units.

Darkchild

Just to add my 2p. I do know of soldiers wearing this over a smock, I know some ex-army lads a few chaps i skirmish with were in the millitary, some of them say they wore it over the smock.

Perhaps it varies?

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, the guys who say they wore it over the smock were in the Royal Artillery (Some form of Artillery recce at that) and one in the Signals (again, he used to set up some form of comms relays behind enemylines) So it seems your right!!

Edited by Shardik

For airsoft, then you just go ahead and do whatever you think looks good, that's the whole point; really trying to be picky and nail an impression being one possible exception. For real though I can't see any advantage to swearing it over your field jacket; leaves mores stuff to potentially get shot inside you if you're hit, you lose access to the many lovely pockets on said jacket and it won't fit as closely and securely.

If it makes any difference I saw some RMs wearing it over smock, this was in training and I'm no way an authority so take it as you will. Definatly makes sense to put under smock anyway, and from an airsoft perspective it means you can get away with not wearing it and it still looks "Impression accurate" ;)

Well. You've all got a point. Wearing it over the smock is pretty stupid, but looks better.

Not wearing at all though, then it's not a impression any more. Not from my point of view and standards atleast. I would love to have an Osprey, but they don't make it in greenside dpm :(

At the end of the day, its your kit, do what you want. I just pipe up with my knowledge now and then to inform people of the SOPs for certain things.

Also, i have friends that are currently in the greenzone wearing painted Ospreys, so you might as well spray it green if you get one.

Darkchild

looks like some units are being given elcan specters optics now dunno were we are getting all this cash from :D id love to know what colour they are dying there ubacs though

I believe they are dying them green. there was an article about it somewhere. apparently they were only issued desert ones <_<

edit: heres the article:

FRONT-LINE troops in Afghanistan have been hit by a critical shortage of camouflaged shirts and are having to dye desert kit green.

SNN1012A-380_863387a.jpg Wrong kit ... the sand-coloured desert shirt

The men of 2 Rifles are fighting in the "green zone" in Helmand - so named because of its lush vegetation.

But they were horrified to discover that they had only been issued with sand-coloured desert combat shirts, which make them sitting ducks for Taliban snipers.

So 400 men in four combat companies are having to boil up large cauldrons of green dye to change the colour of the shirts.

The under armour kit ends up a garish shade of turquoise - but it at least provides a greater degree of camouflage.

Last night the Ministry of Defence owned up to the scandal and said it was trying to rush out green shirts to the men.

RSNN1012AA-380_863344a.jpg Lush ... green vegetation in Helmand

The new kit failure follows reports of a lack of armoured vehicles and choppers to transport our troops more safely.

Last night one of the 2 Rifles' squaddies said: "We are appealing to The Sun, the forces' favourite newspaper, to make the MoD aware of the shortfall of this most basic piece of equipment.

"We are now having to resort to doing what our forebears did more than 200 years ago when they dyed their red tunics green to stop being sitting ducks for French snipers.

"The turquoise colour is better than the desert camouflage but the whole idea of having to dye our shirts is very bad for moral.

"It would be very sad to see a soldier killed because he was spotted by a Taliban just because he was wearing the wrong camouflage."

Last night General Sir Antony Walker, former Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff, said: "What's special about Captain Richard Sharpe, as played on TV by Sean Bean?

"Answer: The colour of his uniform.

"Sharpe is a Green Jacket, the first British regiment to abandon scarlet tunics in favour of green, to blend in with the terrain in Spain where they were fighting.

"More than two hundred years later we are still at it. Except that it's not Spain, it's Helmand.

"And there is no shortage of green combat kit. It's just in the wrong place - clothing depots in the UK.

"Someone forgot to notice that not all of Afghanistan is sand and rock.

"So soldiers in pale, desert camouflage stand out in the vegetation of the green zone of Helmand like the redcoats did in Spain."

In a statement to The Sun, the MoD said: "As General Sir Richard Dannatt, the head of the Army, has been at pains to make clear, the personal kit afforded to soldiers is as good as any in the world.

"But we can always make improvements. This is a requirement we've already identified and are working hard to procure a new shirt that fits the bill."

I dont think this is a repost, but this may speed up the issue of PECOC to the troops. I do know however that the wr coy last year took cs 95 kit with them to MQ just to work in the green zone.

Edited by Operator12