The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

Dumb question, as I'm watching The Art of the Tactical Carbine, I see that they have a handy-dandy bolt lock/release extension. Looks interesting (although in Winter it will probably be left at home... only so much space in a trigger guard for gloves)... any idea when MagPul will be releasing it?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all have to start somewhere. ;)

In my case, as you know, I'll most likely go with a stripped (or complete, depending on price) lower receiver. Mainly to secure a spot for me in the AR Owner's Group.

Going to call LWRC tomorrow and ask what the current pricing is, as well as whether or not they offer lowers in FDE.

As for the majority of my range time, I'm thinking a Spikes Tactical .22 upper receiver would be best for now. I live in CA, so, if I want to utilize evil features, I'm stuck with the .22.

I'll keep a 5.56mm upper as well as 5.56mm ammunition stashed away, ready and waiting for when I GTFO of CA.

-Vic

Just got off the phone with LWRCI on my M6A3... I shouldn't be expecting it any sooner than June... so I've got three-four months to wait for the rifle.

And then I'll have maybe a month to get the rifle ready to rock'n'roll. :mellow: Long wait. (Longer than I had to wait on my very custom first hat from BaronHats.)

EDIT: Actually, in days, if it's delivered mid-June, it isn't that much worse than the hat. 115 days versus 112.

Their link

Cav Arms

And a reliable retailer

DSG Arms

Thanks Wayne.

Doesn't look like they have the CB lower in stock. That aside...I'm leaning towards a standard lower receiver. I'd like to use evil features once I GTFO of CA.

Going with the CavArms lower limits my options quite a bit...aftermarket stocks, pistol grips, and trigger guards all out the window.

As for off-list, CA legal lower receivers, here is the selection:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthr...l+off-list+list

I'm going to call a local shop and see what they have.

Edit: As expected, nothing. I'll continue to call around.

-Vic

Hey look, magpul goodies:

Goodies.jpg

2x FDE MS2s, and 2x ASAPs

I have coming in the next few weeks from them:

-A set of Black MBUSs

-A Set of FDE MBUSs (Larue Upper requires front and back sights)

-One more FDE MBUS rear (LMT 10.5 has the standard FSB, so it just needs a rear and it's gtg)

They let you order a FDE MS2? Lucky. :mellow:

So, I gotted today:

-1lb. Viht N-140

-1x box of 69-gr. Sierra MatchKings (So now all I need to make me some handloads is a box of small rifle primers.)

-LaRue LT-136 SPR-E mount

-LaRue LT-109 inline light mount

-LaRue discreet carry case (improved)

-LaRue beverage entry tool (no more borrowing the roommates' bottle openers!)

-LaRue Dillo Dust

-LaRue ballcap

-LaRue 'God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers.' bumpersticker.

Oh. And we got an M&P15T in stock. These things were sent to try us, I swear. :unsure: (I kept trying to rationalize buying it to myself, as it would be cheaper than the LWRC or to supplement it, as though I'm really going to make the $1500 that it costs up in between now and when my M6A3 will be shipped... if it's shipped mid-June.)

Archived