The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

Heavy: Greater consistency, more rounds in less time before damaging the barrel.

Light: Lighter, handier.

If you're going KISS, go light. If you're going into the Hindu Kush, you might want the heavy.

If neither, fondle them and decide which one you like the 'swing' of.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also prepare for worst case scenario. Go heavy, train a little more with the heavy barrel and you won't notice the extra weight any longer.

Despite that I wouln't buy such an ugly weapon. Go for a new SIG 556 with the Swiss style Stock. If your Californian citizen though get one with the fixed AR-stock setup.

Funny you mention the Sig series. I was never a huge fan of the Sig's looks. As for the barrels, I'll probably go with the Heavy.

XCR_Collapsing.jpg

Probably have it DuraCoated (or some other type of treatment) FDE, as well as having LaRue UDE Furniture.

Optics...I'm leaning towards an Aimpoint Micro w/LT Mount. Might sell the MI sights, and have a MBUS set in their place. (Titleist, for some reason, I feel the need to blame you for me wanting to do this. ;) )

As for the Aimpoint magnifier...is it compatible with the Micros? If so, I'd imagine that LaRue's pivot mount would line-up with the Micro w/LT Mount...?

Also, would it be possible to modify Magpul 20 Round P-Mags into 10/20 magazines?

-Vic

I would steer clear of the XCR, few people I have heard that actually owned them said they should have just got a nice AR

Yes the 3X will work with the T1/H1... As for the Pmags, I have seen a company that produces 10/30 versions... I would say it is possible

Thanks for the info on the Aimpoints and mags.

As for the XCR, was there any particular reason they said this?

RobArm did have some problems with the XCR that have been corrected, sans the trigger, which they're working on now.

-Vic

After talking to several people who send more rounds downrange in a year than most people have in their entire lives I think I will be ok... As with lots of other topics their seems to be a lot of *suitcase* talking abound online without much real reasoning behind it

I have fired a couple thousand rounds of it through my gun and never once had an issue... There are however several people who have reported kabooms shooting S&B

After talking to several people who send more rounds downrange in a year than most people have in their entire lives I think I will be ok... As with lots of other topics their seems to be a lot of *suitcase* talking abound online without much real reasoning behind it

I have fired a couple thousand rounds of it through my gun and never once had an issue... There are however several people who have reported kabooms shooting S&B

No worries, your wolf ammo aint going anywhere near my guns, lol!

Archived