Strange and Different Airsoft Sites

bankz5152

PR3 (big game in April) is being held at an MOD training village in Sennybridge (down in the Brecon Beacons) and that's 100 players per side, for a total of 200. So yes. ;)

I've been to games with more than that before, too.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thinking today. Are there any airsoft sites in the UK that are large enough to lets say have 80 people on each team or just enourmous teams?

South Yorkshire Airsoft's Proteus Site is pretty big and I believe they had over 300 attend one game. Definately the sort of place that benefits from the larger numbers but they tend to run a good game either way.

Interestingly, down in Lancashire, the NHS is looking more towards an older institution setup for mental health. 14 years after closing most of the big mental health institutions across the country and putting the patients into care in the community type projects (with varied success), it's certainly being discussed again to build a large facility or two across Lancashire with large garden spaces and all the other stuff that they already provided 14 years ago but then decided to shut down.

Thats what I thinks better too, a community for them where they feel safe instead of trying to be forced into the community. That use to be like its own little town..but anyway this is going off topic.

RAF Edzell was once leased out for skirmishing.

PR3 (big game in April) is being held at an MOD training village in Sennybridge (down in the Brecon Beacons) and that's 100 players per side, for a total of 200. So yes. ;)

I've been to games with more than that before, too.

Yeh, I think Copehill Down has hosted 250ish before.

Wow cheers, biggest ive been is 30 a side. That must be crazy i love it!

Its actually a heck of a lot more organised than a 50 person sunday game.

To play weird and wonderful sites you'll generally need to attend a weekender at an MOD base; Sennybridge, Longmoor, Copehill Down, etc. There are a few, such as FCS bristol, UCAP Portsmouth & The Rock who are very unique too, if only on a slightly smaller scale.

Cough... Ground Zero's Weekender last year took at least 1255 people, in three teams so over 400 per team and the general Skirmishes at GZ Woodland tend to have around 200 come often a few more...

wow, great numbers. i doubt the US could come up with those numbers even if we tried really really hard. then again the states is a larger land mass to travel. is airsoft becoming or already is "mainstream" in the UK much like paintball is in the states?

Both specops sites are within a reasonable distance from Bournemouth too, though in the opposite direction. Their woodland site is much smaller than GZ but very different play style. Unfortunately game days coincide so you have to choose.

Airsoft does seem to be rapidly gaining popularity, certainly in the Dorset area. Not necessarily mainstream, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the break soon.

In all honesty, I think the VCRA has been a good thing for airsoft as a sport. Kids go and try to buy springers to play in their back yards, only to find that they can't unless they do this activity on a much bigger scale. Next thing you know, three new players.

Thanks everyone has been very helpful.

Yes i agree with that, to start with i thought 'o god another stupid law' but upon learning more about it its not as ridiculas as i first thought. And yes infact increaseing the size of airsoft players, i have noticed alot more younger playes at Amherst than ever before.

I never did make it to the Earth centre but when I was being told about it last time I was at the woodland site, it did sound good. Do they use the zip line?

nope plus you have more that just the tower whcih everyone seems to make a b-line for but its hard to take till you know the knack of taking off people

I went to a great skirmish this weekend just gone at an old NHS 'mental' hospital in Kidderminster that First and Only airsoft ran. Lots of building on a huge site with its own road network. Really, really weird - its own cinema, little phone booths, villages of bungalows with an outside jacuzzi... I stayed the entire weekend and ended up sleeping in some wacked out therapy room with a water bed in it.

First and Only are also running an event at Sennybridge training camp in July (I think) dubbed 'Red Dawn'. Senny is an ace venue, but F&O have a wacky plotline the same as the Red Dawn 1980's movie - one side may not even be armed to begin with.

UCAP is meant to to pretty novel as well.

• 1 month later...

Hello i can confirm that there is a still running ex nazi bunker in the channel islands. After all i do work there :P but the previous commentor was correct in saying that UCAP is bigger but nevertheless it's a great site we also have four outdoor sites.

Glad To Be A Help

Nick

CQB Scotland has a massive Indoor site called Strathmartine in Dundee.

Played there a couple times already as me and my mates and family were huge fans of CQB Lanark.

Its basicly a derelict mental hospital which many many buildings, many of which are said to be haunted ( rubbish if you ask me, but there are tonnes of youtube ghost hunter vids ).

The CQB is very fast paced and adrenalin pumping.

I reccomend it highly :)

UCAP in Portsmouth is probably the biggest underground bunker site in the country, now with added upper level and cctv action!

Definately worth a visit, or lots! I've been six times now, it's great :P .

Very atmospheric, any smoke from grenades just hangs in the air for hours as there's very little airflow, lasers are positively encouraged ;) .

Just thinking today. Are there any airsoft sites in the UK that are large enough to lets say have 80 people on each team or just enormous teams?

Ground Zero, as mentioned, plus the MOD training grounds (Copehill, Sennybridge, etc)

Urban Assault is worth a visit too, big site, lots of big buildings, with some fairly open terrain between them.

They get quite a good turn out from what I've seen (2 visits), maybe 150 - 200+.

Seems to attract more than it's fair share (if there is such a thing) of 'Teflon warriors' though :unsure: , although I've not been since mid 08.

Archived