Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

Are we sure its an LBT plate carrier? I am not aware of a model like that

The only carrier i know with a backpanel like that that is one of HSGI's creations(the lack of webbing the last couple of inches, look of the shoulderpads, and the way the bottom is all smooshed, and the waistbelt.)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It even has the diagonal triglide(look under his armpit) if you wanted to use the X harness instead of a rear carrier.

I only say because im so familiar with it, i have no experience with the 6094, from pictures i would have to disagree because the 6094 is curved to the shape of the plate at the top and this is obviously a huge rectangular pocket.

Far be it from me to stitch nazi at this moment but thats what it appears to be to me, which is just cool because its a vest that is all HSLD but you dont see it much.

Thanks for sharing the pic!

edit:

first of all it's "you're"

secondly and more importantly, personal attacks are not tolerated in this thread. really, does this thread just not learn?

Yet you don't care to capitolize any of your words. Thanks for the grammar lesson though

Also, I did not mean to sound like I was attacking him, though I could have worded what I said differently. I know he's big into the Block 2 thing and all, but I was trying to make the point that the guys who use the stuff don't care about color... just how well it works. Surefire works and holds up to the abuse where as the plastic Insight lights will fail more easily.

Less arguing over a photo posted by someone who knows his *suitcase*. More SEAL kit.

My M60 vest is done:

254833225349.jpg

BHI float suspenders

LBT 1635 vest (modified)

254833303045.jpg

LBT new style 200rd 60 pouch (MOLLE)

LBT 100rd SAW pouch (ALICE)

PRC148 pouch (ALICE)

254833377285.jpg

LBT old style 200rd 60 pouch (MOLLE)

BHI 100rd SAW pouch (ALICE)

LBT double pistol pouch (ALICE) - for tools at the moment.

Also has a BHI padded belt and a GI issue buttpack.

Soon to come in the mail:

-Mk3 knife

-LPU28 float vest

-Rocket fins

Oddly, the picture is of a SEAL who told the photographer that it's an LBT vest, who then related it to us. Maybe it's a moon vest they're using for their brief walks on earth. Jeez... You guys are sad.

He posted a picture and we're discussing it, that's the point of this thread

It isn't what he's wearing.

The side straps are about an inch too thin.

Also: Check the top of it, there aren't those big squares where the straps connect to the vest either

Oddly, the picture is of a SEAL who told the photographer that it's an LBT vest, who then related it to us. Maybe it's a moon vest they're using for their brief walks on earth. Jeez... You guys are sad.

Maybe it was custom? There is an original thought ya *fruitcage* dingbats.

You guys are really determined to get this thread locked, aren't you?

No more insulting, aggressive posts or arguing.

Look, LBT makes a LOT of stuff custom, and a LOT of stuff that they produce is NOT sold online or through catalogs. If you walk into their storefront there's a lot of cool stuff.

You're arguing about a vest, which is apparently not something readily available. It would have been very easy to stop at "It's not a readily identifiable vest, but since you claim it's LBT, then it must be LBT. Very cool! Thanks for sharing, and going to the trouble to ask the SEAL for his permission to take a photo."

Instead, there's a long tangent about what it is and why it isn't. That's pretty rude.

Ok I took the picture down, l had a bunch more pics to show but I'm going to keep them for myself because all it is going to do is cause argueing and bickering amongst armchair commandos. I can see where the "Kit elite" are coming from and yeah it looks alot like that rig. But I am pretty sure it is not that rig. I am pretty sure that the SEAL who was gracious enough to allow me to take that and many other pictures as well as his teammates knows what type of equipment he is useing but then again maybe he was mis-informed. Although the kit they use WILL save their life one day unlike the vast majority of this community, they don't get all in the weeds about this ###### like alot of you guys do, and there is nothing wrong with that it is your steelo.

But seriously I am not going to share anymore ###### with you guys from downrange because of this *suitcase* right here. And like Plasticmag and Echodafish said there is a damn good chance it was a cutom rig and a down right copy of another rig. Great example of that is the new Eagle Devgru chest rig....A.K.A The LBT 1961G. It is the SAME rig but Eagles will be cheaper. Also there is the possibility that is was modified at LBT who does alot of modding for the Eastcoast teams. I just know what I was told by the operator while ACTUALLY DOWN RANGE in Iraq.

This is stupid beyond words and like I said is now over, like I said before I am takeing my ball and going home so to speak. I am not gonna stop lurkeing and posting here. Especially to keep bad gouge and stupid info from festering here like it seems too do ALOT. But I will not share any pics and the like with you people anymore. I actually had some nice shots of STA and ODA recently too...but if they will cause nothing but a "ZOMG! teh OHHDAZZ don't wearz that!" it is pointless to share...especially when they ARE wearing it in a photo...right in front of you.

Sorry, navy not all geardo's are like that, an I hope the rest of them learn to voice their opinion in a helpful, positive way and not *badgeress* at each other. I'm sure the the SEAL knows what gear he's wearing regardless.

Anyway, lets move on.

*Edit: Btw, PlasticMag nice rig you've got how'd you grab the sucker?

Every other major gear thread has got its veterans. You've got people who really know their stuff, who have gone out there and damn well done what so many here have to emulate on an airsoft field. Theres people on this forum who are all experts in their field, and they come here and HELP. I won't try and list names, nearly all of us know who they are.

And then you do this. Great work, really. You've just ###### off one of your veterans. He's doing what he can, going out of his way to HELP. And you have effectively slapped him in the face.

Great work guys. I hope Moderation dish out a smackdown for this. I'm actually ashamed to be a geardo.

Probably because its plastic, not all that great, and costs too much to waste their own money on.

After personally using a surefire weapon light, I don't think Id use any other. Your way too caught up in what looks cool and not what works best.

USSOCOM upgraded their SOPMOD M4's with the Insight M3X/M6X and are replacing/phasing out the Surefire's. I'd say that they know what works best. I'm just trying to be current/realistic when I build stuff. (Surefire makes great combat lights and they're still in use)

Archived