Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the panel today and damn that thing even small it's bright. I might make 1 inch velcro squares and jam a 4x4 in the MULE.

-Ryan

My scouts had 9 lines written on them nice and small and cut into a 8" x 8" square. That way they were big enough to be seen by the helos but not too big to be a pain in the...

They where in route to the Gulf to OP Desert Shield...re-routed to Somalia, flew in..helped exacuate the embassy. And then went to the gulf...pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, I know...excuse my ignorance. Does anyone know about their kits? The documentary looked pretty good:

-Choco chip BDUs+Boonies/helmets/etc

-LBV-88s, ALICE gear, etc

-M4 variants, M16s w/ old school NV scopes, M60E4s (dark documentary means I'm not sure)

Yeah, I know...excuse my ignorance. Does anyone know about their kits? The documentary looked pretty good:

-M4 variants, M16s w/ old school NV scopes, M60E4s (dark documentary means I'm not sure)

Those would have been E3s, not E4s, if that.

For anyone interested, there's a great article on the Colt M4 and regards to the SEALS in the April 2009 issue of Special Weapons magazine, with specifics on SEAL battle ready upgrades. Also includes a picture of a SEAL M4 setup as on the first page of this thread posted by myself and Hispeed1.

It is pretty much on line with what they where useing during that time. MK1 MINIMI's, M60E3's, M4 Carbines (A2 receivers), M16A2's w/203's, etc.

Chocolate Chip cammies, Desert Boots (or black), Alice kit was common. Remember before 9/11 alot of SF teams didn't get a metric *albatross* ton of Gucci kit and SEALS were still a force roughly a little over a decade old. Doctrine and fical budgets had not shifted twords the unconventional just yet.

Got MOD sniped...wasn't trying to start *suitcase*. Anyway if you are all intrested in this..Somalia SEALS 1991 ish

somalia6a6smec286uvqiq7.jpg

somalia2jb2i5qlpbaqodc8.jpg

somalia1ocsjrr6kiw13xo5.jpg

@ Billy Bob, if that Kydex is the Normal one it won't attack to anything but a belt unless you hack it apart and then bolt it to a SERPA or Safariland Holster. Trust me I have had a few issued and trashed the Kydex sheath. I would reccomend an aftermarket sheath man.

Yeah I have had a few guys clip it to the thigh strap on the SL shroud. Some have even ripped the belt part off of the sheath and then bolted to to the safariland shroud. The one cat I know that had it like that recently changed it though, he took the SL kydex holster off of the shroud and put it into a SOB drop leg holster in place of the kedex insert...effectively makeing a MOLLE SL dropleg holster and then got a SOB sheath like mine and MOLLE'd it ot his CIRAS. This is the sheath I use:

horns.jpg

It is on the cock flap of my CIRAS.

Last pic didn't show the sheath that well..here is this:

TheSuperTruckCrewedited.jpg

I have the SOB sheath on my CIRAS cock flap, my buddy has a Chopped version of the KYDEX zip-tied to his vest.

Well what aftermarket one? But you say it will go on a SFL? I plan on putting it on there, but the knife on my vest would be nice to.

PUP on SAFARI

//Edit: Stop posting that skeleton frog image. It caused an argument previously and will only do it again.

Also, resize your photos.

Archived