Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thaks for the tips guys,

mk 13 is now attached with plastic zip bands - its temporary as I'm waiting for the kydex sheath for my sog to arrive. I will probably attach it with electric tape later.

As far as sprying the kit is considered, so far I have sprayed ALICE pouches with brown krylon. LBT pouches are new and I didn't have time to paint them yet.

Some pics of the SOG and "working - dummy" of Mk 13

dsc1215i.jpg

w3008.png

dsc1217z.jpg

w3008.png

NOTE: I'm not wearing the uniform from the first pic-the Budwisser and Branch tape are for "decoration" purposses only :D

I've been thinking about an OTB loadout for my next kit. Here is a list of what I have and am considering using:

Weapons:

M4a1(Desert worn)

-ACOG

-PEQ(?)

-MLCS signal on the stock for "survival gear"(read batteries)

WC top and bottom (Should I use a WC combat shirt?)

Belt

Boonie

UDT vest

Belt kit:

Eagle belt pad (blk)

USIA Dry drop (OD for Demo supplies)

OMEGA IV (blk)

Carabiner (Link to the team in the water)

Protec hanging from belt

ID panel

Second Line:

Eagle TAC V1 (mesh OD)

MULE (DCU zip-tied to attachments on vest)

12 STANG Mags

GPS (.mil waterproof kind)

3x226 mags

On the way:

Radio (MBITR?)

Fins (Kind?)

Knife sheath with Mk13 zip-tied on

Suggestions appreciated. I used the Somalia photos for a half-reference.

-Ryan

I've been thinking about an OTB loadout for my next kit. Here is a list of what I have and am considering using:

Weapons:

M4a1(Desert worn)

-ACOG

-PEQ(?)

-MLCS signal on the stock for "survival gear"(read batteries)

WC top and bottom (Should I use a WC combat shirt?) Personal preference dood...wear what is most comfortable

Belt

Boonie

UDT vest

Belt kit:

Eagle belt pad (blk)

USIA Dry drop (OD for Demo supplies) Unless your carrying simulated demo why bother?

OMEGA IV (blk)

Carabiner (Link to the team in the water)

Protec hanging from belt This is just useless and more ###### you will have on you that you really don't need.

ID panel Do you mean VS17 panel?

Second Line:

Eagle TAC V1 (mesh OD)

MULE (DCU zip-tied to attachments on vest)

12 STANG Mags it's stanag mags, and we don't call them that. STANAG is a NATO "Standardization Agreement" for us they are just AR mags.

GPS (.mil waterproof kind) This is good to have if your in a HUGE filed...if not..again not necessary

3x226 mags

On the way:

Radio (MBITR?) Well there isn't a 152 replica yet so MBITR is your best bet.

Fins (Kind?) Rocket Fins

Knife sheath with Mk13 zip-tied on

Suggestions appreciated. I used the Somalia photos for a half-reference. Which Somalia photos did you use? If it the one I am thinking of..those aren't SEALS.

-Ryan

And you guys where talking about the Kydex sheath for the SEAL PUP, it is garbage just buy an aftermarket sheath. The Kydex sheath is not really compatible with anything..just a pain. I ditched mine long ago for that reason. I bought a SPEC-OPS T.H.E sheath for my SEAL PUP I was issued for Iraq.

Anasek, that Sig looks shady... like you bought it out of the back of a truck or something. :D

mp28, spot on with the excessive gear comments. Unless you're putting a real 'end of the world' loadout together, or you plan on posing only, don't waste your money on gucci points. Granted, I'm coming from a pure practicality point of view, but that's also how I operate. Minimalistic, low drag, etc.

Thanks navy. Yeah the field where we play is about 500 acres in west Texas... I am the demo guy hence the demo bag :). Yeah the protec was incase we went into any old farm buildings... I think I might drop it because it slaps my *albatross* to much. Yeah the VS-17 chopped into like a 4x4 square on my belt for IFF.

-RYan

Either wear the protec, or don't. You're not going to have time to swap it out in the middle of a fight. And if you're gonna wear a UDT vest and fins during this uber-deadly direct action... Wait. Never mind.

Here's the test: If you can swim with all that ###### on, wear fins. Otherwise, don't bother.

Yeah the protec was incase we went into any old farm buildings... I think I might drop it because it slaps my *albatross* to much. Yeah the VS-17 chopped into like a 4x4 square on my belt for IFF.

-RYan

Ryan-

#1.) Like it was said by a few others that reasoning for the protec is pointless...and I am glad you are taking it off..good rule of thumb. Gear for gear's sake is no bueno.

#2.) From my experience with VS-17 panels you use them less for IFF and more for marking your flanks to fire support, and signaling aircraft (Which is a no duh seeing as how it is a VF-17 Ground to Air signal panel) Use 550 cord and attach it to your rig where it can be shoved into a pouch to keep it hidden until needed or attach to shoulder pocket's to mark your flanks. But you can use it for what you need for Airsoft..but be aware...that is REALLY bright I can track my guys when they are on deck in dense foliage easily from over 150 meters...which is WAY past Airsoft ranges...so you would be easily seen and tracked.

Archived