Madbull Airsoft Shotgun Shells

Jin15

You might remember that a while back Madbull started a rather large controversy with the announcement that they would be releasing "training shells" for real steel shotguns that were gas powered and fired airsoft BBs at a rather high velocity.

While it seems that Madbull stills plans to go through with this idea, they did make a recent (and much more sane IMHO) announcement that they would be releasing a selection of shells made just for airsoft shotguns!

Behold...

ss6_01.jpg

If you check out Madbull's website here (click me) you'll see they are advertising these shells for use in Tanaka, Airsoft Surgeon, and G&P airsoft shotguns.

The first two sound quite reasonable, but hold on one second here! Since when did G&P ever make a shotgun that took shells? Perhaps Madbull knows about some impending G&P release that I do not :huh:

FINALLY!

now my 10.8mm airsoft shotgun project can come to fruition. it has been mothballed for years, waiting for someone to develop the correct ammo...

MAdbull has SEEN INTO MY MIND!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!

*laughs in evil manner*

All good points!

I can see the Airsoft Surgeon modified Tanaka shotguns being able to fire the "buckshot" shells and the 10.8mm BB ones (Madbull must be making a new proprietary 10.8mm BB I'm guessing) but those are the only uses I can think of for those two shells.

What I'm most intrigued by is still the section about the shells working in G&P shotguns. Totally bizarre since up to now the only shotguns G&P has made has been spring powered magazine fed ones based on the Maruzen CA870 system.

I think I'm going to be sending Madbull an email about this!

You dont have to modify tanaka shotguns to fire different ammo, you just need to remove the inner barrel and barrel trunion

problem with standard tanaka shells is that they blow off the front end if they aren't pressed against that inner barrel trunion.

What does it mean by buckshot? Surely and airsoft buckshot is just a shell with a few bbs in to represent the bits of metal in a RS buckshot shell.

Like the one on the madbull ad says theres a 6mm shell that holds 6 bbs, so what does a buckshot do?

id like to see how the buckshot shell works out

is i just going to be a diff body on the shell?

or is it going to fire somthing smaller than 6mm,which wouldent make that much sence.

iam guessing maybe $60-$120 USD for a pack,all in all these things look pretty darn COOL :D

Archived