KJ Works M4 GBB

yehaw

Unfortunately, it is a very nice platform, but like you said probably came too late in the game. Though tried and tested is a little weird, considering I'm still hearing about deaths and failures on the WA and WE. The KJW just seems more desirable in that aspect.

All things considered, both WA and WE guns have relatively few issues out of the box; and we know how to fix the ones they do. The fact of the matter is people usually post when things break or don't work right, yet perception is reality.. so when you only hear about the bad it becomes safe to assume it's all bad. On the flip side, having heard no issues or problems from KJW users you could probably assume there are none.

Of course neither of the above are true, but that doesn't mean it isn't the usual thought process of most consumers. I'm not saying your opinion is based on merely these observations but made in a similar way. Personally I would rather go with whatever product has the widest user base and therefore most available help should something inevitably go wrong - that is where the WA and WE come in as 'tried and tested'.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...but that rubber band in the bolt carrier kinda makes me nervous.

Erm, yeah. That put me off as soon as I saw it.

Aside from being a bit naff, you've only got to trap it against the bolt once and nick the edge and it'll snap soon after.

To be fair, I think Koba has gone to great lengths to produce something that operates just like a real gun while, at the same time, uses a mechanical system that means it'd be impossile to convert it into a real gun.

He's doing that in order to ensure compliance with Jap law whereas (rather surprisingly) it seems that WA have done the exact opposite and started off with a real AR15 design and then modified it so it fires BBs.

It's also a shame it's made by KJW.

A LOT of people are going to think less of this rifle because it's manufactured by KJW.

TK has always been famous for the quality of his work. It'd be a shame if that reputaion was damaged because KJW build this from monkey-metal painted with hammerite.

Its out personally I think the pecking order for gbb realism & quality are as follow:

RA-Tech Custom,Inokatsu, G&P, KJ-TanioKoba, AGM, WA

Pricewise:

AGM, KJ-Taniokoba, G&P, WA, Inokatsu, RA-Tech Custom

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/agent_prod...nt_pro_g_kj.php

Not quite right. It's as follows:

Realism: Inokatasu and RA-Tech, G&P/AGM/WA, KJ

Price: AGM, KJ, WA, G&P, Inokatsu, RA-Tech

My opinion about the KJ if you care:

The KJ seems of better quality than the AGM and it better be, because even though the AGM is the absolute low-end budget GBBR it still looks and strips more realistic than the KJ (look at that fugly hopup dial visible in the breach, disgusting long nozzle protruding out of the bolt, unnecesary complicated multi-parts bolt design with a ridiculous rubber band, too wide mag well allowing mags to wobble around), and the Canadian plastic mag (but that's a matter of taste). More parts mean also more parts to deal with during maintenance, more parts that can wear off and may break and need replacement. And finally it's not even cheap. It's neither high-end, nor low-end, but has some unique weak points compared to both the cheaper and more expensive competitors. A gun nobody was really waiting for. KJ is fail. :(

In argument though, a lot of its points being less realistic comes from the fact that it takes AEG parts. This is crucial for like someone who simply must have an HK416 in GBB and couldn't wait for WA/Ino/G&P/WE to churn one themselves. All he has to do is slap on the AEG upper, not sure if the lower is compatible too because of the receiver extension, the barrel assembly and fore end. Almost instant HK416 GBB. On other brands you may have to wait for months or years even. And that's IF they even release one.

Not quite right. It's as follows:

Realism: Inokatasu and RA-Tech, G&P/AGM/WA, KJ

Price: AGM, KJ, WA, G&P, Inokatsu, RA-Tech

My opinion about the KJ if you care:

The KJ seems of better quality than the AGM and it better be, because even though the AGM is the absolute low-end budget GBBR it still looks and strips more realistic than the KJ (look at that fugly hopup dial visible in the breach, disgusting long nozzle protruding out of the bolt, unnecesary complicated multi-parts bolt design with a ridiculous rubber band, too wide mag well allowing mags to wobble around), and the Canadian plastic mag (but that's a matter of taste). More parts mean also more parts to deal with during maintenance, more parts that can wear off and may break and need replacement. And finally it's not even cheap. It's neither high-end, nor low-end, but has some unique weak points compared to both the cheaper and more expensive competitors. A gun nobody was really waiting for. KJ is fail. :(

you failed to mention the WE GBB.. just curious on where you think it stands amongst the others in both price and quality. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, but I've had my KJW M4 for a week or so.

First, some numbers.

MPS test at 24C

(In meters per second)

10 shots, semi auto, 3 seconds between each shot

Cool down test at ~24C

(After the 10 semi auto shots)

MPS after ~10 more shots in full auto

As you can see from the tests, the power is pretty consistent. Most likely thanks to TK's design.

The construction is solid. So far so good, the bolt catch still work.

I'll take some pictures when I get back to the states.

Oh btw, these readings are all from a M733 length barrel. I took a look inside, and it appears to only have a short barrel so you can swap between a 11in or 14in barrel like the WE easily. I'm a little worried about the power on a M4 length tightbore. So you UK friends will probably have to find some way to lower the velocity.

And yes, I love it to death. The only thing I don't like about it is the stupid magazine design. I want STANAG mags <_<

Sorry for the late response, but I've had my KJW M4 for a week or so.

First, some numbers.

MPS test at 24C

(In meters per second)

10 shots, semi auto, 3 seconds between each shot

Cool down test at ~24C

(After the 10 semi auto shots)

MPS after ~10 more shots in full auto

As you can see from the tests, the power is pretty consistent. Most likely thanks to TK's design.

The construction is solid. So far so good, the bolt catch still work.

I'll take some pictures when I get back to the states.

Oh btw, these readings are all from a M733 length barrel. I took a look inside, and it appears to only have a short barrel so you can swap between a 11in or 14in barrel like the WE easily. I'm a little worried about the power on a M4 length tightbore. So you UK friends will probably have to find some way to lower the velocity.

And yes, I love it to death. The only thing I don't like about it is the stupid magazine design. I want STANAG mags <_<

About 475 FPS, consistently. Nice.

I would've gone with this instead of the new SCAR, but the WE has been out, and people love their M4's, so I trusted it more. This is just so new that I didn't want to risk it.

How's the metal quality? Cheapo, or nice-o?

I really can't say much about that, I would say it's nice, but I really don't have anything to compare it with or a way to test it.

All I can say is that it still works, and so does everyone else's that I know of. No problems with the bolt lock, hopup, etc.

Oh, I did get another spring and spring guide in the box, haven't installed it, but from what I gathered, it'll make it easier for the bolt to lock back on the last shot so I'm guessing it probably lowers the velocity. I'll have to test it when I get back.

The only thing that does bother me is the rubber band and the fidgety field strip/reassembly.

But it does use AEG outer barrels so thats a plus :D

But good work Donut, keep us informed, particularly the durability of the KJ/TK M4.

• 2 weeks later...
The rate of fire on these things is...bonkers...

I am desperately trying to find a GBB M4 that can with stand the usual Airsoft beating. So far... the WA - 600 USD(Over priced... because I might as well have bought a real firearm for home defense) WE M4- 450 USD (Still is breaking down and too many small issues) WE SCAR - 250 USD (Little issues that should have been brought up before they where shipped...)

This one... I want to know how FAR can this gun go? In every aspect.... I'm getting tired of AEG's and I want to get into something different. Even though I just upgraded my AEG to have durable steel parts in it... it still has it quirks...

• 2 weeks later...

I got the opportunity to test the KJ Works M4 in a skirm last weekend. I have to say I owned all GBB Rifles allready (Ino, WA, WE, GHK, AGM, G&P) and tried the WE SCAR (also got this one) on the same day for about 2 hours then it stopped working, it´s for shooting beer cans in the garden but you won´t hit them unless you fire under 5 meters .

The KJW M4 is definitly the best GBB Rifle on the market and that proved the day testing it. It´s able to fire 3 magazines with one gas filling at consitent fps of around 475 (which is way to much for official games in Austria for a rifle , 420 allowed max.). The hopup system is compared to all other brands fantastic, there is a functional forward assist button , no cooldown within 8 hours of playing and a very good range. I have a garbage container which is 70 meters away from my house and I hit the sideboards easily. I even like the mags cause it stands out of the crowd and they are not leaking gas. All WE, WA, Bomber, GHK Mags leaked , all of my 6 KJW Mags are airtight and.... they are affordable.

In my opinion Mr. Tanio Koba/KJW did a great job and show how to make a fully skirmishable and the most important, working GBB Rifle.

• 6 months later...

Archived