Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies

Stealthbomber

Thread title sums it all up really.

The scribbles on the walls say stuff like "ascend to salvation" but, once you'll unblocked the stairs it seems like it's just a case of running around the house until you're over-run.

Is there more to this game that I'm missing or is it just about defending the house for as long as possible?

I'm playing it on my own at the moment. I guess it might be more fun with several players playing co-op but, even so, it's not gonna have much lasting appeal if there's no objective.

I think I read somewhere that there's an edited version of the map available which does allow the player to get out of the house and roam around.

Anybody know about this? Where to download it and how to install it?

Also, is there any point to using anything besides the trench gun? :bestgun:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for that....I get scared as a little girl and run about trying to hide from them while my friend is shooting them all. :o

Makes for a hell of a good afternoon/evening! Single player can be fun but playing either 2-player co-op or a 4-player online is the best!

Wasted many hours on Nacht der Untoten. Becomes quite addictive/fun when theres a group of you trying to beat previous records. Managed to get to round 28 on two-player co-op. It’s all about working out an effective strategy then getting ray guns and flamethrowers or LMGs. The trench gun is pretty useless by about round 24 being a 2 or 3 shot kill.

Moved onto the new, larger, more complex and harder map Verrückt. Not played it much but got to round 16 so far.

tip: when using the ray gun aim for the legs as it seems to work better than upper body shots.

been playing the new level non stop on xbox live,its alot better than the first map,but alot harder.

you realy need to have 4 people that can talk and are willing to work as a team if you want to even get past level 10.

if anyone wants to play some games on live then post up there tags and we can get an arnies game going.

i will post mine up when i can findout exactly what it is....ive had to change it a few times so forget what it is exactly,but i think it may be

BxTCHTxT5

you realy need to have 4 people that can talk and are willing to work as a team if you want to even get past level 10.

Got to level 13 on two player, but most of that was luck. Do love the perk vending machines <3 Not so impressed with the magic box randomly exploding >.>

Stealth: Am no point to it. Just wave after wave after wave of zombies to kill. Good for killing a bit of time, but it does get boring quickly.

:zorro:

The Badger plays it occasionally, but would warn this: to play it with four people on two xboxs/ps3s is not possible. for some goddamn reason you need to hook up four systems to have four people in the game. The reasoning for this is beyond The Badger due to the ability to play normal split screen. is it really so hard to connect two split screen games?

I am getting to level 14 or 15 by myself now.

Basically, I open the "help" door then move the sofa off the stairs, go upstairs, take the trench gun and stand in the corner near to the place where you can buy 'nades.

If you also obtain a sniper rifle you can pick off Z's out in the open, chuck 'nades down the (still blocked) stairway near where you're stood, and then splat the ones that get through with the shottie when they come up the stairs you came up.

Seems a shame there's no goal though. If, for example, the objective was to survive 5 waves before getting access to another room (or whatever) it might have been more fun.

Ah yes. Nazis and zombies - the two staples of the gaming industry - things no-one ever complains about players killing. What could be better than combining them?

As far as I can tell, the Nazi Zombie thing is about the best part of the entire game, it does admittedly get tedious after a couple of hours, but it's mainly just a test of skill/luck in how long you can last. Having 2-4 people working co-op is almost essential.

As for problems linking systems together, get off the consoles and onto a PC, and you'll have no hassles (other than the normal run-of-the-mill hassles of PC gaming). Anything a console can do, a good PC can do better, PC games are generally cheaper too and the PC version of any game released on both consoles and PC is invariably better.

Leave games consoles in the late 80s/early 90s where they belong.

Leave games consoles for after-pub and freinds-visiting gaming sessions where they belong.

Fixed. :)

That's why I love my Wii.

I'd never say it was a decent gaming machine but it's brilliant for what I use a console for, which leaves a PC for "proper" gaming.

*EDIT*

I thought I'd mentioned this in my previous post but I guess I had a "senior moment".

Can somebody clarify the process for installing mod's for CoDWaW for me?

I downloaded a couple of zombie maps and the instructions say (in Vista) I need to copy all the files to C:\users\simon\appdata\local\activision\CoDWaW\mods and then run the game and click the "mods" option where the new map should appear.

It doesn't.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to leave the files in a directory (called nazi_zombie_anzio in this case) and paste the entire directory into the ...\CoDWaW\mods directory or if I am supposed to copy only the files into the ...CoDWaW\mods directory.

As it is, I've done both. I've pasted the entire directory into the ...\mods directory but I've ALSO copied the files out of the newly created ...\mods\nazi_zombie_anzio directory and pasted them into the ...\mods directory as well.

The game doesn't seem to find either.

I noticed that I didn't have the ...\mods directory structure in place already. I had to create it manually. Should the game have created the \mods directory?

Alternatively, I read something about swapping to the new map by using the command "\map nazi_zombie_anzio" from the in-game console to swap maps but that doesn't work either. :(

Is the game fussy about capital letters?

I mean, if the filename is "Nazi_Zombie_Anzio", will "nazi_zombie_anzio" work?

I think I've got all the syntax correct but I'm not totally sure.

Anybody got any help?

Yeah, the Wii was fun, I'll give you that.

Although after ours got stolen in the burglary in January, along with most of the games, I can't be arsed to get another one.

Probably because I don't actually have any of these "friends" things that you're supposed to use it with. I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. I mean, what kind of manufacturer puts out a system that needs a special accessory to use to its full potential, but then neglets to develop and sell the accessory??? :blink:

Can somebody clarify the process for installing mod's for CoDWaW for me?

... skip to the end :P

I've not used it in Vista but you were right on the extra directory because it's needed to distinguish from other mods and for the mod name.

You might want to try investigating "C:\Program Files\Activision\CoDWaW\Mods\" if that exists at all.

Your other option is just copying the contents of the mod folder into "\Main\" instead and this will save you from having to load the mod, but you will have to delete the copied files if you want to return the game to vanilla. This shouldn't overwrite any files but be cautious.

The map command should work, what exactly are the files for the mod?

<nonsense snip>

You know, I've never understood the whole My-Platform-Is-Better-Than-Yours mentality a lot of people seem to have. Perhaps you could explain your rationale behind it. Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention as a child? Do you only have enough money for one system and thus feel compelled to attack the users of everything else in order to feel that you've made the proper choice? What is it? :P

:huh:

Anything a console can do, a good PC can do better, PC games are generally cheaper too and the PC version of any game released on both consoles and PC is invariably better.

Sounds about right to me, consoles have their place and it all depends on the spec of your PC. My friend still runs a computer that a Mega Drive could beat as a gaming platform!

Hehehehe consoles are for people who have real mates; physical people to use the second, third, and fourth extra controllers for a mad bout of Halo 3 after a night out in town, or such.

P.C.'s are for people who need to get friends from teh internetz ;)

Ben.

As far as sensible discussions about computer generated zombies dressed as Nazi soldiers goes, I suppose so.

I also pondered the meaning of those 'Ascend To Salvation' messages plastered over the walls... But I guess if there was actually a way to beat the level, someone would have found it by now.

Ben.

Well if you want to leave out the suppositional and belittling remarks that would be great. I have to play across the net with most of my mates at the moment because I live hundreds of miles away, what does that make me?

I did hear that some members of the Treyarch design crew were relics from the wolfenstein team, I suppose you can see some details that would hint towards that throughout the game.

It was a rhetorical question now stop being a smartarse.

I guess one plus for the PC version is extra maps like the one Stealth mentioned, could have been a modded map as it is a smaller version of the multiplayer map Airfield.

I think it's a genetic problem :( You sound like every school teacher I ever had :D

When I am less sleep-deprived, I'll try and dig through some saved links, and find the video. Funny thing, I was sure the video was from the 360 version. Thinking about it, it's highly unlikely, what with lack of access to game files, and no console. I'd play it more often, probably obsessively, if you could actually win.

Ben.

I definitely saw something out in the cyber ether about being able to get out of the building, and roam the grounds outside.

Ben.

Here's an interesting little factoid...

As you suggested, if it was possible to escape the building, you'd think there'd be youtube videos of it by now.

By the same token, if there was a mod that allowed this, you'd think that'd also be all over youtube as well.

Anyway, I was noseying around a COD forum and there was a guy who posted a link to a website where you can, supposedly, download a mod to do this.

However, when I clicked the link, I was redirected to a website that made my anti-virus software go bananas.

Now, I suppose it's possible that this mod just happens to be hosted on a website which is infected with viruses and wants to install malware on your PC but I suspect he was just directing people to that site out of malice.

So, yeah, a modded nazi_zombie map might be available somewhere but be warned about following links to it.

Archived