a quick poll to see if you guys know what i mean.

boris the pict

Mag capacity.  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Real caps

• That'd be like what the equivilent 'real' one would hold. (e.g. mp5 holding 30)
    • nope no idea what you mean.

Ok so i was chatting on another unnamed forum, and i got slammed because i was yaking about using real caps. This complete fish cake then produces a tirade against me using jargon that no one else uses and what the cooking fat did i mean by real caps anyway.

so um am I being mental in thinking that every one will instinctively get what it means? or is s/he just being a little silly.

Had to read 1st Commandos reply to get what you were on about.

Don't rely on instincts and subtle hints over the internet. Doesn't work. ;)

Anyway, as for mags, take of the "cap/ caps" off the word and your about there with what they hold.

E.g. "Lowcap" = Low capacity.

It's pretty self-explanitary, and has been a term used since 30rnd mags replaced (as the lowest capacity available) the 90rnd you got as standard with guns.

I believe it was STAR who introduced this idea, or atleast put it into a marketable product, introducing themselves to the Airsoft market with their very first products being plastic 30rnd mags, and thus being the origin behind their name STAR REVOLUTION.

The Revolution was real caps.

To be fair, what else would you call them?

"accurate caps"? "milsim caps"? <_<

Surely, anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together can figure out what "real cap" means, especially in a topic of conversation involving airsoft magazines, even if they're not a skirmisher themselves.

BTW - like your "swear words" :lol:

with a 16 month old toddling about i'm getting quite fluent at putting in cooking fat, fish cake, frog spawn, badger, and sugared almonds.

The best part is trying to figure out what the substitution is. Maybe you could send a list to Marlowe for the next time he updates the swear filter on here. :lol:

Realcap = same capacity as real steel

Locap = single stack magazine...usually holds no more than 3x real steel capacity

Midcap = any other spring-and-runner type magazine, usually double stack

Hicap = anything with a turn wheel

Thats what I go on anyway :)

Realcap = same capacity as real steel

Locap = single stack magazine...usually holds no more than 3x real steel capacity

Midcap = any other spring-and-runner type magazine, usually double stack

Thats what I go on anyway :)

Perfect.

Terms that I and most of my friends use.

Realcap/lowcap = same capacity as real steel

Regular = single stack magazine...usually holds no more than 3x real steel capacity

Midcap = double stack

Archived