Killbucket's Build Thread

Killbucket

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, I always seem to get a good table for some reason... :P

I can imagine how that "discussion" went :D Instead of having your gun wall up inside the house, you should do what I did; put it up in the garage: out of sight, out of mind. :D

worked on the house most of the day, but snapped pics along the way as various tasks got done on the M3:

m3minigun0012.JPG

The barrel pack glued up, and the axle in its mount. At this point, the barrels still need turning on the lathe, and the axle needs to be permanently anchored.

m3minigun0011.JPG

Since this was a MUCH smaller setup than in the pink gun, I use JB-Weld, and the same plastic-baggie mix/inject method to fill it.

m3minigun0010.JPG

And the axle mount is inserted into the main body tube with some cement, and lashed into a makeshift jig. Left to dry in the jig, it's nice and straight, and solid. It's in there forever.

m3minigun0009.JPG

The barrel pack has the forward end turned to the i.d. of the 2" female ABS fitting.

More coming...

m3minigun0008.JPG

The barrel pack completed. The cap next to it is the cover for the back of the main body.

m3minigun0007.JPG

A 1-1/2" female fitting is sectioned to make the front of the "delinker". A hacksaw and a file get it done up pretty quickly.

m3minigun0006.JPG

The parts to make the front mount flanges. These three parts are the heart of this design. although somewhat complicated in shape, they make up for it it performing many tasks, and making the rest of the parts MUCH simpler. This chunk of 6mm thick ABS is 7.5" x 10.25" and is actually from the scrap bin. Recycle!

m3minigun0005.JPG

Parts knocked out, ready for minor Dremel trimming.

More coming...

It's the M3 Gun. (Mini-mini-minigun) It's the fourth mini design, and they've each gotten smaller.

m3minigun0013.JPG

It all knocks down without tools.

m3minigun0014.JPG

One of these would be a natural to SteamPunk Out. Hardware up da wazoo.

m3minigun0018.JPG

Mounting lug for the "delinker", which will actually be the motor that drives the barrel pack. It just screws into the 1.5" threads here.

m3minigun0017.JPG

The mocked-up delinker and its mount with the gun.

m3minigun0016.JPG

The drill chuck is centered in the delinker body, and the end cover here will get a bronze bushing.

m3minigun0015.JPG

Kinda how it goes. Not all sorted out yet, still needs a axle and drive roller.

m3minigun0019.JPG

The tube at bottom, which will represent the "drive motor" on the finished model, is big enough to hold a small airsoft pack (Steyr AUG), but as I said, I'm planning an AC power source for unlimited fun.

One more point before I sign off for the night, I drew the CAD for this yesterday, made the parts this morning, and assembled them over the course of the day while doing other tasks, today.

...and, somebody pony'd up for some of the MP7 leftovers as well. It's been a great day!

:D

More still coming on it. got the drive motor mount a little more refined, removed the keyless chuck from the equation, along with its weight and bulk. The delinker ends up MUCH shorter. Just have to figger out a pulley and drive belt -may go with an o-ring drive this time.

Off to the hardware store!

A P3 mini is more real gun than airsoft toy. If they were capable of firing any longer than 5 seconds, they'd probably be banned.

Or they'd be used for crowd control!

Hang onto it. in 10 years, they will be worth over 20k if they work. History says these won't be available NEW then.

Unless they make a $300 version that is idiot-proof, these will be a footnote in airsoft history.

Me? I've no interest in big mass-production runs of anything- I'm supposedly retired.

Archived