M700 Walnut stock - Candyman style

Candyman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow... thats really damn nice. I have soft(er) spot for slimline/light weight stocks but I still love yours. In case anyone is wondering, its the fat front end that I dont like about it. But, mneh.. thats just me, besides with a bipod I think it would look awesome.

KW

Candyman you are an amazing craftsman... I am amazed everytime by your workmanship and attention to detail.

I think I asked one time before if you were a trained engineer and I think you said weren't? You have a natural raw talent man.

How many hours did this project take in total??

Regards,

ZOGS

Very nice work! Really slick! Just one question.. how does the buttplate stay in place? I mean.. what kind of system are you using? Kinda curious since you didn't post all the small details as you usually do :P

Can you not see the two locking screws on the side of the buttnstock??? :rolleyes:

Hello, thank you all :) Time I dont know, not that long I suppose, maybe 25-30 hours so far, i'll have it wrapped up inside 40 hours. Price will be around £350 uk

Kenworth W900 I was going for a flat base, target rifle style, i like that look.

AnotherJesus Oil is linseed i think, same stuff i used on the hamerli pistol grip and WA2000 wood.

Raven 6 yeh what he said, the 2 tiny holes on the side house grub screws that tighten on the rods. Position can be set between flush and about 2-3 inches out.

Zogmeister Thanks, im not an engineer, i work in an office with computers but most of my spare time is spent making stuff, the more you do somehting the better you get at it.

Sigh... that is just pure sex.

By the way Candyman, you're not a gym regular are you? Was watching one of yr other build's assembly vid and my friend says that your arms indicate that you go to the gym a lot. I felt that those arms probably come more from manual work such as those airsoft custom builds.

Raven 6 yeh what he said, the 2 tiny holes on the side house grub screws that tighten on the rods. Position can be set between flush and about 2-3 inches out.

I see, that's kinda what I figured. I thought there could have been a faster way to do it that I wasn't aware of though. Anyway, awesome job as always!

Just about there now :D I have left the rear plate silver (polished) and the silencer brushed but I can/could change to black. There is a captured bolt in the stock that screws to the barrel to lock the takedown.

Up for sale in a bit, offers around £350 UK, I dont want to send outside the UK, its a bit of a pain.

stock26.JPG

stock27.JPG

stock28.JPG

stock29.JPG

stock30.JPG

stock31.JPG

stock32.JPG

Archived