Primaries, secondaries and sidearms...

The General

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VSR for a primary.

Mk23 as a secodary as it has range and accuracy.

M9 as a SHTF last resort, as it has trigger response.

Tried with my P90 strapped to my chest as a secondary, found it too much of a hindrance. It snagged and battered my ribs when I ran (which is a lot, I like to get into a position they think i couldn't be in so quickly).

Fresh meat? No. easy pickings? definately not. Besides, you'r in taiwan. i'm in america. maybe 3 guns is too heavy for taiwaneese? I know 3 isnt heavy for me and my friends.

You just dont learn.. I can see why you still have negative posts.

For what its worth i dont see the value in carrying more than two guns. I use a BAR 10 with a KWA MAC 11 as my sidearm and I am prepared for every scenario. An MP5k and an m9 just seems kind of redundant to me.

Besides, you'r in taiwan. i'm in america.

Your point being ACOG? Certainly you aren't implying anything racist? Either way, I think the people of a small island nation that has been able to militarily resist the largest and arguably the most powerful country in the world are a tad more fit than us fat Americans. But I digress... I've tried time and time again to make use of sidearms, but it really is just more of a hindrance than an asset, which is why most real life operators eschew carrying a pistol on them too.

Once you see parts and guns dropping and missing during games, you'll know.

I rather drop my spare magazine for my primary then drop a secondary that cost many times as much.

Dropping = dirtying or even damaging the firearm , if you are lucky enough to find where you drop it in the first place.

300+ rounds of extra accurate shots or 30 shots powered by gas that is easily affected by the weather...

your pick.

Yes its personal preference, thers no right or wrong, just relative to a persons wallet and bling.

IMHO 300+ rounds is at least 10 full magazines in a real firearm,

if you cant take out at least one opponent with 300 rounds, ho hum, good luck with 30...

Fresh meat? No. easy pickings? definately not. Besides, you'r in taiwan. i'm in america. maybe 3 guns is too heavy for taiwaneese? I know 3 isnt heavy for me and my friends.

I'm of Taiwanese descent and I assure you I can carry stuff despite being 5 foot 6. At the last op I was carrying a pistol, a sniper rifle, and a 249 SAW all while being a runner for our squad leader. No need to be racist.

Anyways, when I go to game, I usually pack 2-3 primaries and whatever sidearms I have. (this is for outdoor games) My actual game loadout is far less. One primary and one pistol. Usually this ends up being an AR or a TM M1A1 and a M1911 type pistol. I like to be able to move quickly and quietly.

For CQB, it is the same deal. My current CQB loadout is a G&P WOC M4 and my MEU

Unfortunately I've gotten in the habit of collecting all sorts of weapons and liking them to look exactly "right" – or as close as I can reasonably get, anyway. Wouldn't be a problem except I more or less sponsor my friends at games we go to since none of them have stepped up and bought a gun yet... so when I go out to a game I'm usually bringing my AK47, AK105, M4 (AEG), M4 (gas), P90, and SIG pistol just to make sure everyone's covered. No big deal except when you realize that none of those guns take the same magazines. The AKs can of course but I'm trying not to be one of "those guys".

Of course that's just what gets loaded in the car. On the field the most I've ever carried at once was the AK with the P90 as my backup, and I decided I didn't like that setup.

Archived