WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

thanks Wetti. Glad AB hasn't answered my mail so I can still cancel my order.

No need for those barrels than.

Do you have an MSRP on the chrome ones?

But why in the world can't you guys clearly point out, that these barrels are the ones everybody is actually talking about?? (the chrome ones)

I'm kinda feeling fooled here.

Every time a new part shows up it either doesn't do anything, it's not what people take it for (like these barrels and the Co2 capability of the steel nozzles) or they appear from the site the next day.

I don't think buyers get too thrilled about that.

Edited by somegirls
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

But why in the world can't you guys clearly point out, that these barrels are the ones everybody is actually talking about?? (the chrome ones)

I guess the flip side of that coin is why cant we wait a week or two to see rather than jump in and order stuff the minute its released :P

Cant help but think that when it comes to this current crop of gas guns bragging rights will go to those who had enough self control to wait until they're finished, rather than the early adopters who tear their hair out (and yep Im guilty of it too lol).

I received my order of spare parts and upgrade parts from AirsoftBuddy.

I was astonished to see the user is supposed to glue some o-rings to the enhanced piston head. This is not mentioned with the item info.

I'm not really happy with this.

Also NOW (for 1 day, before this was NOT mentioned) it says :

"Parts #122 for WE Gas Blow Back M4

Selling in each, not 5pcs"

But the picture still shows 5 pieces and the description still says partS (with an S).

So I expected to receive 5 pieces.

I'm not really happy with this.

I just wanted to share this info.

I just watched the piston head video.

Super glue to hold the o-ring guides in place? Whoa.......not cool.

I like how they addressed the problem of the piston head and 'op rod' getting so cold that it would stop moving - the metal got so cold it would stick. (Krytox helped this problem in my gun).

In this design, the 'op rod' is running through rubber o-rings as the guide - less metal to metal contact, so freezing will be less of an issue.

But supergluing them in place? No way. LAME.

I didn't super glue mine...

The rear o-ring gets sandwiched between the piston head and the brass bushing (which oddly enough doesn't seem to be on the parts diagram...). I did not install the front o-ring...I don't really think it's needed. I'm going to shoot a couple hundred rounds with this to see if it is a decent upgrade. As of right now, I would recommend buying the stabilizer as this takes ALL the guess work out of centering the valve assembly and makes everything rock solid. I don't see how the valve could come off center with it installed as even if the valve screw #36 comes loose, the stabilizer is such a snug fit that it will keep the valve assembly in place.

I'm going to be updating the wiki with reviews on any of the upgrades I have installed so far. If anyone else would like to contribute their review on any aftermarket parts (or anything else WEM4 related) and you haven't signed up on the wiki, apply for membership (be sure to state what you'd like to add), and I'll approve you.

I didn't super glue mine...

The rear o-ring gets sandwiched between the piston head and the brass bushing (which oddly enough doesn't seem to be on the parts diagram...). I did not install the front o-ring...I don't really think it's needed. I'm going to shoot a couple hundred rounds with this to see if it is a decent upgrade. As of right now, I would recommend buying the stabilizer as this takes ALL the guess work out of centering the valve assembly and makes everything rock solid. I don't see how the valve could come off center with it installed as even if the valve screw #36 comes loose, the stabilizer is such a snug fit that it will keep the valve assembly in place.

I'm going to be updating the wiki with reviews on any of the upgrades I have installed so far. If anyone else would like to contribute their review on any aftermarket parts (or anything else WEM4 related) and you haven't signed up on the wiki, apply for membership (be sure to state what you'd like to add), and I'll approve you.

Thanks 4boost, lookiin' forward to those pictures. I ordered the stabilizer piece...but it does not fit..are the curved sides supposed to be up against the inner wall of the bolt carrier? If so, that's the problem for me...I have a "micro ledge" on the inside of my bolt carrier (not cnc'd correctly) that prevents the stabilizer from sliding all the way to the bottom. I have to sand the stabilizer first, I guess. :(

I guess the flip side of that coin is why cant we wait a week or two to see rather than jump in and order stuff the minute its released :P

Cant help but think that when it comes to this current crop of gas guns bragging rights will go to those who had enough self control to wait until they're finished, rather than the early adopters who tear their hair out (and yep Im guilty of it too lol).

Thank you.

News flash: Our new M16A3 & M4 CQBR (regular gas version) will start shipping next week

Features:

- one-piece, full steel barrels on both models

- regular gas-type steel nozzle standard on both (in fact, it'll be standard on ALL AWSS 'regular gas' platforms)

- new design 'Gen 2' hop-up system 6.03mm precision barrel (brass) standard on all platforms

- RS-spec., anodized 7" rail system standard on M4CQBR (a WETTI exclusive)

- new, strengthen charging handle standard on all models

- anodized bodies on all models (a WETTI exclusive)

WETTI

New flash: Exclusively available from WETTI, our new CO2-operated M4A1, M16A3 & M4CQBR will be in stock & ready to ship within 15 days. All dealers inquiries & orders welcomed.

Features:

- new, CO2-compatible 'locking' steel nozzle/brass housing internals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuLNKwAPXsY)

- 12g CO2 capsule-operated 30-rds magazine

- all other specs. same as our regular gas models.

WETTI

I'd like to know what is involved in upgrading to the CO2 version. Also, once we upgrade, are we still compatible with the original green gas mags?

This is a very important question for me. If I cant use my green gas mags I had might as well not bother.

If I can use green gas mags, I'm going to sell my M4 and snag one of those M16A3s! So sexy! I'm a bit worried about the FPS difference between the m16 length barrel and the m4 length barrel though. The gun already shoots WAY too hot to use in a skirmish, and I'd have to figure out if I could get the co2 valve down to 300 fps on green and or propane before I buy.

Any thoughts WETTI?

Can you now give a statement on how we are able to choose the fps rate?

Like before, the fps rate will depend on part #42. However, we're considering the implementation of color-coded nozzle assembly to distinguish the fps rates. Of course I'm taking about factory-assembled units for sale as options.

Once this is finalized, I'll announce it here.

that explains why its a 10dollar price tag.

side note, my bolt has a half moon crack at the top rear position, but the crack kinda looks like it's suppose to be there, is this normal?

In other words it looks like a clean cut like it was machined that way.

no one else has seen this then i take it

Like before, the fps rate will depend on part #42. However, we're considering the implementation of color-coded nozzle assembly to distinguish the fps rates. Of course I'm taking about factory-assembled units for sale as options.

Once this is finalized, I'll announce it here.

Out of curiosity, will a nozzle that shoots 500 fps on green still shoot at 500 fps on CO2?

don't think its been asked yet so to clear up any potential misunderstandings, will the 'couple of conversion parts to allow a green gas version to run the CO2' mags actually turn the green gas gun into same spec as an out of the box CO2 one, or will the CO2 one have additional changes/improvements over and above the parts needed for a green gas to CO2 'conversion'?

eg just wondering if we'll end up with

green gas guns

green gas guns converted to CO2 mag use

CO2 guns

or

green gas guns

CO2 guns (out of the box or 'CO2 converted from green gas' being exactly the same)

If there are going to be differences between 'out of the box CO2' and a 'green gas converted to CO2', then Id reckon folks might like to be aware of it before laying out money on a CO2 gun from a supplier ..only to find its actually a converted green gas one.