ground zero weekender

chronoswolf

Thankyou for the help yet smug replys. I had figures the crisps and chocolate part but thankyou for the responses all the same.

penguin

Fair play, I edited in a few 'proper' suggestions, so have another read. ;)

Chrono's rat pac suggestion is valid. They're a lot better warm but you can eat all the products cold.

Greg.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be brining all my left overs from my rat packs from this year, Like Chronos said a 24hour ratpack can last longer lol. so ill probably end up dishing out spares to my guys most probs the stuff i wont eat. Other than that i suppose its a long wait in the line for the burger van! I would suggest some form of sprots drink that will replace electrolytes like lucozade sport, they issued it to us in powder form in the new ratpacks while in cyprus (i didnt get round to using them down to the fast i only had my camel back and didnt fancy it being filled with orange drink instead of water) if you exerting urself and sweating alot makesure to replace the salts and fluids ur body looses.

Grim

24hr ratpack 'Biscuits Brown' are also a god send if you don't want to attend the 'loo's of doom' during the weekend. Eat them friday and decimate a services toilet on the way home after the weekend.

A case of strategic bombing. :huh:

Curry has the weird effect of bunging me right up, so I have a Madrass if away from facilities.

Like the magical 'Biscuits Brown' I can usually get away with about 3 days before bombing the holy-hootin'-heck out of some poor unsuspecting service facility. :D

Greg.

Fair play, I edited in a few 'proper' suggestions, so have another read. ;)

Chrono's rat pac suggestion is valid. They're a lot better warm but you can eat all the products cold.

Greg.

i thank you for the credit yes they are better warm but it wudnt be any fun cooking them would it i like to be hardcore and eat them cold hahaha

Don't forget ear plugs, so when some twat constantly plays thrash metal through a 1000 watt amp all through the night you will be able to get some kip and not nod off at the wheel and crash on the way home. Beware also of ###### up blokes blindly firing aeg's out of their tent, so remember to wear eyepods all the time your not safely zipped up. Appart from that have a blast.

Telling some one to turn the tunes down AT 3'o clock am usually ends up getting a torrent of abuse, especially after some 'stella' courage. To be honest the three times i,ve attended the marshalling has been ok. Its what goes on after the games end from what i,ve seen they really don't care a monkeys. I,ve said all allong ###### up blokes with guns and pyro don't mix and never will. End of.

Telling some one to turn the tunes down AT 3'o clock am usually ends up getting a torrent of abuse, especially after some 'stella' courage. To be honest the three times i,ve attended the marshalling has been ok. Its what goes on after the games end from what i,ve seen they really don't care a monkeys. I,ve said all allong ###### up blokes with guns and pyro don't mix and never will. End of.

The people playing loud music were not far from our camp. It was ok at first but when we were all sat round the camp fire at about 12-1am it was getting a bit annoying. This year we will send in 3 drunken squadies that we have on our team. Im sure that will sort them out.

Im sure it will but the point being alot of people want to sleep. Our camp of 50 people respected this and kept it quite after about 11:30-12.

Maybe not squadies they might end up having a riot. Just some normal civvies.

Ear plugs are the way forward! I'm looking forward to this tbh. Camping can't be as bad as music festivals so that's no problem and it's just good to be able to get a game in whilst I am in the UK and my usual site is currently between locations.

yeah it's called UK Business Radio Simple

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/licensing/applicat...dioSimpleUK.pdf

the licence can be applied for through this:

https://secure.ofcom.org.uk/busrad/

£75 for 5 years isn't bad at all, just the rest of it i am not following...

Question would it possible to have a radio programed from the 446 side and if you held a business licence for the part you have you too ?

Not legally, as programmable radios invariably have higher outputs than 0.5w and removable antennae, making them illegal to use on PMR. I do, however, keep a channel programmed to whatever the site's emergency frequency is (usually PMR 1) in case of a genuine medical emergency.

There are those that offer power selection for each programmed channel. So it is possible to chose the 'low' setting for pmr & 'high' for other, non-pmr frequencies.

As long as the power levels are appropriate, would this be legal?

Greg.

There are those that offer power selection for each programmed channel. So it is possible to chose the 'low' setting for pmr & 'high' for other, non-pmr frequencies.

As long as the power levels are appropriate, would this be legal?

Greg.

Never strictly legal, as their antennae are removable, making them out of spec for PMR whatever the power level (because antenna length has a great deal of influence on range). "Low" power levels are usually 1w in such units, so still illegal anyway, being twice the power allowed on PMR. Only in the case of genuine emergency is it justifiable, IMHO!

Never strictly legal, as their antennae are removable, making them out of spec for PMR whatever the power level (because antenna length has a great deal of influence on range). "Low" power levels are usually 1w in such units, so still illegal anyway, being twice the power allowed on PMR. Only in the case of genuine emergency is it justifiable, IMHO!

For fear of being pedantic, I did say 'appropriate', regarding power level.

So, I'll ask the question again.

Assuming the antennae is fixed & the unit is in all other respects compliant to local laws (really & honestly, too long for us to list, right :huh: ),,,,,,,,,,,,& if the low setting is low enough, would it be ok?

Greg.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived