ground zero weekender

chronoswolf

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed the night game but the guys in the zentai suits scared me

:D That was my lot :P

Had a great weekend, but there definitely are a few issues for me, this being my 4th year now.

Firstly, the price, I paid an extra £5 or £10 this year and got no freebies like last year? :P My first year I paid £40, then 2007 it was £50, then 2008 was £65 and now £70?

Secondly, too many people. I say this every year I come back from it apart from the '06 weekender when there were 750 odd people (best gaming I've ever had). However, I understand this is a business, any opportunity that arises to increase cash flow is fair enough!

Thirdly, the toilets, as per every year they were a disgrace.

Fourthly, how long its taken to get these scores up, H managed to do it within 2 hours on Saturday, and its taken him the best part of a week to total them up?

However, on a lighter note, Saturday I had some really good gaming and getting stuck in, had a lot of fun and its days like that which bring me back yearly! Saturday night game was a bit of a let down, and I generally thought the organisation this year was somewhat lacking compared to the previous years.

Enough of my grumbles, hope you enjoyed Team Jelly Babies as we were so kindly named :P

Chrissy

Well i would have to agree with Maddog and Catman that we had a great weekend, it was a shame the minigun was not up and running as much as we would have liked but then Others and Bravo never really got close enough. Like to thank those that looked after the 50.cal, it was good to hear that it got an award and a number of kills.

Its one of the few events were you find the social side as good as the airsofting itself, thanks to Team Beans,Jersey gang,Marshalls and H for letting us bring on the Battlewagon.

Also like to apologise to my team mates for opening up on the 60 in our tent, it seemed a good idea at the time, as luck had it we didnt have much rain.

regards

Alpha2

Manx Militia

Delta

many people saying that delta always cheat. this only being my second GZ can anyone shed some light on this? it seems that delta get a pretty rough deal with the other 2 teams pretty much against them

I wasn't at this weekender sadly, however, I play at GZ a lot. I am a Delta normally, and have seen a fair share of deltas cheating... However, nothing in comparison to The Others/SOG and Bravo, who seem to have personal force-fields that deflect BBs that come within an inch of them...

Sadly, GZ attracts a lot of young, new players who aren't the greatest skirmishers out there, so cheating, and accusations of cheating are rife...

I like to think of myself as a level headed and reasonable person. Apart from the previously mentioned times, i didnt witness any cheating at the weekender. I personally believe that about 80-90% of perceived "cheating" is just a biased point of view.

Im not saying cheating doesnt happen, but i think a lot of people are not as good as they like to think they are and a lot of the time just dont hit what they are aiming at. With that + adrenaline, I think its safe to say a hell of a lot of "cheating" is just ranting.

EDIT: Just saw your vid Basho, good stuff. Quite surprised to see myself in it (looking very happy too i might add!)

Darkchild

:ph34r:i was on delta i found that in the last 30 mins around the landing zone there were a lot of people in bravo who wern't taking em hits i were about 15 meters across the track in some heavy under growth bravo did a massive respawn and charged to retake there positions that we had taken i shot a whole 200 round mag taking care to aim off for the travel of the bb's and only 2 out of maybe 15 or 16 i hit took them that was the only real cheating i saw apart from the nest when my self and about 4 othes hozed someone down he ran back in and then ran out shooting done me in the boat race apart fro that 99% of people played amazing i took some good hits a couple really stung but i walked it off cheers to the scouse brigade played some quality engagments with you guys :rifle::death::butcher::jason2:

LOL Mike you were funny, remind me not to let you near that dish water you call "Carling" :P

I saw a bit of cheating but I think it came about from people getting frustrated and aggressive , I know I got a bit 'fed up'at one point :P

As for waiting for the pics; Hmm it's getting a bit stupid now, so I'm going to be rather negative now: Considering it was £70 and there were ohh roughly 1500 of us...£105,000?!! Hiring a porta-bog cost £90...Marshalling on Sunday was no where near as good as Saturday as Marshal numbers were way down on Sunday. I suppose we're going to have to pay to see the pics too?

Anyway I still had a good time, the social aspect was the best part of it for me. I would suggest they introduce reasonable ammo limits next time but I know that just won't happen.

I suppose that the GZ weekender was a poor use of £80, as the actual airsoft, especially on sunday, was quite poor in quality. However! I enjoyed my time, had a great couple of parties, and shot up some newbies. What more can one want?

Not much! ;)

Some of the airsoft I saw was extremely poor, but the majority of it, especially on the Saturday, was great, bar the non-hit taking.

On Sunday, the atmosphere was slightly more relaxed - some people had obviously overdone it the night before. Had some good fun, made some great shots, so it's all good.

I'll be back next year, although this wait for the pictures and results is a bit of a let-down.

Ben.

THE SCORES!!!

Cut copied and pasted direct from Z1 website

Here are the scores

BRAVO

Saturday Objectives Completed – 6975 points.

1330 Intel Briefcases from The Labyrinth and Heartbreak Ridge

1430 Gold Crate from The Nest

1530 Laptop from The Abandoned Vehicle

1630 Ammo Crate from The Trenches

2 Nuke Launches

1st place on The Timers in The Bunkers

21 Intel Documents at Game End

Sunday Objectives Completed – 16050 points

1130 Gold Crate from Artillery Hill

1330 Intel Briefcase from The Labyrinth

1430 Gold Crates from The Nest and Artillery Hill

1530 Laptop from The Labyrinth

1 Nuke Launch

1 Convoy Mission

1 Short Range Missile Launch

2nd place on The Timers in The Bunkers

28 Intel Documents at Game End

Total Bravo Score – 23025

DELTA

Saturday Objectives Completed – 14770

1130 Gold Crates from Prison Camp and The Fuel Dump

1230 Ammo Crate from The Village

1430 Gold Crate from Stag Camp

1530 Laptop from The Labyrinth

1630 Ammo Crates from The Mortar Base and The Labyrinth

41 Canisters collected by the Scientist

2 Nuke Launches

2 Melon Bombs blown

1 Convoy Mission

Held The Village at Game end

22 Intel Documents at Game End

Sunday Objectives Completed – 21425

1330 Intel Briefcases from Heartbreak Ridge and The Trenches

1530 Laptops from The Fuel Dump and The Abandoned Vehicle

2 Nuke Launches

1 Melon Bomb blown

29 Intel Documents at Game End

Total Delta Score – 36195

OTHERS

Saturday Objectives Completed – 8080

1130 Gold Crate from Artillery Hill

1230 Ammo Crates from Stag Camp and The Abandoned Vehicle

1330 Intel Briefcase The Labyrinth

1430 Gold Crate from Artillery Hill

1530 Laptop from The Fuel Dump

14 Canisters collected by the Scientist

1 Nuke Launch

2nd place on The Timers in The Bunkers

12 Intel Documents at Game End

Sunday Objectives Completed – 16975

1130 Gold Crates from Prison Camp and The Fuel Dump

1230 Ammo Crates from The Village and Stag Camp

1430 Gold Crate from Stag Camp

2 Nuke Launches

1 Convoy Mission

1st place on The Timers in The Bunkers

13 Intel Documents at Game End

Total Others Score – 25055

Some of the airsoft I saw was extremely poor, but the majority of it, especially on the Saturday, was great, bar the non-hit taking.

When you are dealing with this amount of people, you have to expect to see all parts of the spectrum.

It's hard enough to guarantee that 20 hand picked mates will all behave perfectly all day. So 1200 random, unvetted folk, for a whole week end. :mellow:

That's more than Plymouth get at an away game. :D

Greg.

I can understand & in a way share the enthusiasm over the Delta Victory.

But have to point out that up until a few years back, Delta always won.

It was kind of a standing joke & tbh, no one cared.

It made for a great atmosphere as it removed the more aggressive tendencies of the super competitive.

Knowing that however the day played out, no matter how good, or bad you were, Delta would win, was a great leveler.

Those on Delta couldn't rub any ones nose in it & Bravo never got the hump. :D

It bought the focus on playing, not winning & as a consequence, the standard of play was very high.

Greg.

Archived