Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gorf

The "dumb question" thread

depends how well prepared you are.

most sites have a walkon fee of £20/25 if you need gun hire this comes up to £40 (av) for that you generally get gun/mag/mask/cammo coverals and a bag of ammo (1500/2000 av)

take a packed lunch and a 2lt bottle of water, lift share with someone.

so base cost is £25/40 + travel.

OK heres my question.

I so far have a TM ak47 and a TM p90, and im thinking about getting a LMG.

I like the RPD or the M240, can anyone tell me if theres a bad point to getting a LMG like what goes wrong with them and what else should i watch out for when buying a LMG

Haven't touched a GBB rifle yet. Do you treat them like a real M16/M4 and keep it cocked (and does it need to be cocked to safety it) or will this wear out a spring?

Well no one makes the RPD and the few M240s available are extremely expensive for what is essentially the same performance as a regular AEG. Your best bet would be an A+K M249 or A+K M60 :)

That or an AK with a drum mag and call it an RPK.

Haven't touched a GBB rifle yet. Do you treat them like a real M16/M4 and keep it cocked (and does it need to be cocked to safety it) or will this wear out a spring?

Yes, the gun needs to be cocked to select 'Safe' on the fire selector switch.

You don't keep it cocked. Why would you?

Ben.

That or an AK with a drum mag and call it an RPK.

Echo 1 are making a m240 and the rpk aswell.

Seen pics of an airsoft rpd too, but i don`t know anythong about it.

Yes, the gun needs to be cocked to select 'Safe' on the fire selector switch.

You don't keep it cocked. Why would you?

Ben.

Well with a real M4A1, unless it's in the arms room, it's always cocked, since that's the only way to keep the weapon on safe.

Well with a real M4A1, unless it's in the arms room, it's always cocked, since that's the only way to keep the weapon on safe.

I know it's a true fact, but does this seem ironic to anyone else except me?

What that it needs to be cocked to actually be safe? It has to do with the way Stoner designed the trigger mechanism, the selector seer is not in place without the hammer down, so there's no way for it to engage let alone do anything. That's why you can't even change from semi to auto with the hammer up.

I know it's a true fact, but does this seem ironic to anyone else except me?

It's more to do with knowing the gun is in a DEFINITE state.

If the selector is in semi the gun might be uncocked and totally safe but, conversely, in might be loaded, cocked and ready to fire and an observer has no way of knowing.

Because the safety ONLY engages when the gun is cocked you know the exact state of the weapon from the selector.

You know it IS definitely cocked and you know it's inhibited from firing.

It's actually a pretty smart idea, basic firearms safety checks notwithstanding.

Does the KSC USP Taiwan version has a abs slide or metal slide?

Metal slide.

At least all mine did any way (talking about 3 old versions and 3 System 7 versions)

A little trick, The metal slides have white trades, so called laser edged I believe.

ABS slides have non coloured trades.

Hmm ok, but with my mates fn2000 the bb doesn go up when you set the hop up fully up

Seb

the weight of the bb affects how much they rise in the air with hop-up, so either your bbs are unsuitaed to the gun, or the hop-up is badly made or installed. if the bbs arent going up, then just leave it on max :D .

Question

Changing a version 2 MP5 Gearbox to work in a G3. Am i correct in saying the only things that need changing are:

Tappet Plate

Trigger

Please correct me if im wrong

Ok, another question. I tried searching, couldn't find anything although I admit it doesn't mean it hasn't already been asked.

I'm considering a TM Hi-Capa 5.1 for a sidearm, but I'm wondering will it fit into a 1911 type SERPA holster, or maybe the Safariland holsters

Hey, I'm looking for a good, safe, reliable and easy to use battery charger. I have a large 8.4v 2000mAh Nicad battery btw, its gonna be used for a TM stock/standard AEG and I hope to start Airsofting really soon. Any helpful reccs/reviews and/or links to online stores would be great! Thanks! :)

edit: may as well kill two birds with one stone here... also looking for a 250 round AK47 magazine compatible with Tokyo Marui, seen a couple of cheaper ones on the net but not sure if they're reliable/compatible.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.