The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

depends how well prepared you are.

most sites have a walkon fee of £20/25 if you need gun hire this comes up to £40 (av) for that you generally get gun/mag/mask/cammo coverals and a bag of ammo (1500/2000 av)

take a packed lunch and a 2lt bottle of water, lift share with someone.

so base cost is £25/40 + travel.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well no one makes the RPD and the few M240s available are extremely expensive for what is essentially the same performance as a regular AEG. Your best bet would be an A+K M249 or A+K M60 :)

That or an AK with a drum mag and call it an RPK.

Haven't touched a GBB rifle yet. Do you treat them like a real M16/M4 and keep it cocked (and does it need to be cocked to safety it) or will this wear out a spring?

Yes, the gun needs to be cocked to select 'Safe' on the fire selector switch.

You don't keep it cocked. Why would you?

Ben.

Yes, the gun needs to be cocked to select 'Safe' on the fire selector switch.

You don't keep it cocked. Why would you?

Ben.

Well with a real M4A1, unless it's in the arms room, it's always cocked, since that's the only way to keep the weapon on safe.

What that it needs to be cocked to actually be safe? It has to do with the way Stoner designed the trigger mechanism, the selector seer is not in place without the hammer down, so there's no way for it to engage let alone do anything. That's why you can't even change from semi to auto with the hammer up.

I know it's a true fact, but does this seem ironic to anyone else except me?

It's more to do with knowing the gun is in a DEFINITE state.

If the selector is in semi the gun might be uncocked and totally safe but, conversely, in might be loaded, cocked and ready to fire and an observer has no way of knowing.

Because the safety ONLY engages when the gun is cocked you know the exact state of the weapon from the selector.

You know it IS definitely cocked and you know it's inhibited from firing.

It's actually a pretty smart idea, basic firearms safety checks notwithstanding.

Does the KSC USP Taiwan version has a abs slide or metal slide?

Metal slide.

At least all mine did any way (talking about 3 old versions and 3 System 7 versions)

A little trick, The metal slides have white trades, so called laser edged I believe.

ABS slides have non coloured trades.

Hey, I'm looking for a good, safe, reliable and easy to use battery charger. I have a large 8.4v 2000mAh Nicad battery btw, its gonna be used for a TM stock/standard AEG and I hope to start Airsofting really soon. Any helpful reccs/reviews and/or links to online stores would be great! Thanks! :)

edit: may as well kill two birds with one stone here... also looking for a 250 round AK47 magazine compatible with Tokyo Marui, seen a couple of cheaper ones on the net but not sure if they're reliable/compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived