The undead - An idiot's guide to survival.

hwagan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zombies are dead bodies with minds, they do rot.

Does "Undead" ring a bell?

If they didn't rot, they wouldn't be undead.

And in america, as long as it's semi-auto, you can get it. I <3 america.

Have you guys ever wondered. If these don't exist, who made it all up? Who possibly HYPED IT UP to what it is today?

Ok. Lots of BS in the thread and lots of genius too.

Firstly. Lets start off with some logic. A zombie is a human right? Can you smell another human? No? I didnt think so. If the zombies senses are affected by becoming a zombie, it would worsen. Dont worry about it sniffing you out. Only way it could sniff something out is if it smells a lot, so id set out traps far away from me so the zombies are not as close to me. That would be dead deers and such.

Also. As a zombie is a human, it cant be stronger than one. You may not be able to lift something casually, but if it really matters you can lift a very heavy load. This is at max how strong a zombie is. And if the body is rotting, i cant see how they can be as strong as in a humans prime. And the BS about zombies not having blood circulation? Their bodies MUST function as ours. If not, no muscles would work. All the energy going into the muscles come from the blood. The muscles also NEED oxygen to process that energy. Thats why you produce CO2 when you breathe. If a zombies body can function without these basic bodily functions it is actually breaking the laws of physics. Specifically the one about energy. Energy must always come from somewhere, and the function i described is the only one the human body works with.

Weapons. Firstly, the ideal caliber isn't always the most accessible one. Get as much weapons and ammo as you can have at best, but if you are packing light, go with the easy to get one. Also, a .22 LR is a 5,56 bullet. If you can get the high power ones, you are going to do some damage. And anyhow, hitting a zombie in the leg, will drop the zombie to its knees. The leg is still a leg. If you are shot in the leg, it isn't the pain that is holding you back. Its the leg not functioning.

Burning zombies will not kill them as efficiently as shooting them. This is obvious, but burning them afterwards should be a must. I cant see why a zombie cant eat a dead zombie so be sure to burn any bodies if you can. That way they will have to use more energy to hunt, preferably each other.

And if i was to have a safe house, it would be close to the sea. If the area got to hot, id run away in a boat. This would be something small. Nothing to live in. Just enough to move me from one place to another. And i wouldn't worry about anchoring, as i said, the zombies do need to breathe so they cant walk along the bottom of the sea to get to me.

Now. This is as long as i have bothered to write. Bash it as much as you want, but i WANT a serious response if you are going to. That would be with legit reasons why this and that works.

military compound, wait for a bunch of zombies to pile up against the fence then pour the acid/burn them/hurl grenades in to the crowd. kill the ones a little away from the fence to prevent the body pile up making a nice ramp over your fence...

oo, what about a really high powered lazer, get the zombies to gather behind a fence trying to get you then wave the lazer about at head height and take out swathes of them at a time.

man this kid has an attitude problem

you cant even carry an airsoft m4 and you would want to use a m1

Have you guys ever wondered. If these don't exist, who made it all up? Who possibly HYPED IT UP to what it is today?

don't know don't care

its just a fun subject to think about

We could argue, but literally it's pointless, becuase none of us have ever seen or studied a real zombie, and we are all living off of the media.

Drkalinka gets a +1.

EDIT: Yay, teflon don gets to stupidify the whole thread with off-topicness! Woo!

Started as a form of voodoo myth - Got picked up by hollywood - Became a multi-million dollar franchise - Glamourised to the point it seems believable.

Thing is, in some films zombies are simply walking corpses that eat people - Some films, they're essentially animals using human flesh to sustain their rapidly rotting body. My personal theory is that zombies eat humans, because it's basically a pre-made form of everything they need to survive. In the end it's all based on science fiction, but that seems logical to me... Whatever kind of zombies they were, 99% of films say a headshot kills - so in an ideal world i'd be carrying a P90 for ammo capacity, a 5-7 for the same reason, and a webley revolver for if all else fails.

Simples xD

Ima go all hollywood on you.

Primary weapon - Minigun(Becuase Minigun>Everything, right?)

Backup Primary weapon - RPG/LAW/M79/M32(Becuase explosive>Everything, right?)

Secondary weapon - S&W .500 Magnum Rvolver(Becuase .500 cal>everything, right?)

Backup Secondary weapon - Desert Eagle(Becuase Deagle>Everything, right?)

Last-Resort weapon - 40mm grenade pistol(Becuase grenades>everything, right?)

Obviously I'm not talking about a single defensive action here.

A proper cull would need to be organised.

Find a nice wide open space such as an airfield, get a couple of landrovers with a roll of razor-wire strung between them and have at it.

That's the kind of scenario where the acid would come in handy too.

You might need to destroy a zombies brain to kill it but you can ruin its day and make it a lot safer to kill with a cricket bat by chopping its legs off or melting its body.

I must say, I'd be much happier with one of THESE rather than any other weapon in a zombie apocalypse.

nope, i'd pass, its gas powered, slow, and eventually can be overwhelmed by zombies. Not to mention since there will probally chaos during the zombie revolution, some rogue human elements may attack you as well...

ninja stars are a no-no as well....

TBH, the most likely zombie incursion would be from a virus. If said virus attacks the brain it would at minimum have to destroy the personality center. So a zombie could be as intelligent as a normal human... or dumb as *fruitcage*... The only thing that cannot be harmed in the brain is the little brain. Thats the part of the brain that houses instincts and basic motor skills. So depending on what the virus does, at worst you could be facing something that could co-operate with other zombies and think out solutions. So you really want to be one step ahead. That would be a safe house with difficult access and easy escape for example. But as said. Your worst-case scenario is a normal human that wants brains so plan for that.

stupidify

And Teflon Don's the thick one?

Undead does ring a bell. It doesn't mean something rots, it means something supernaturally reanimated; mummies, vampires, ghosts, ghouls, demons, and some zombies in some mythos all do not rot.

And in america, as long as it's semi-auto, you can get it. I <3 america.

Somehow I dont think youd survive the trek to the gun store, and even if you did you'd get eaten trying to drag an M14 out.

As myself and Hwagan have already said, zombie myths arose with voodoo (probably deriving from sufferers of the sleeping sickness) and were glamorised by hollywood moviemakers.

As for the minigun primary that was actually pretty funny.

Somehow I dont think youd survive the trek to the gun store, and even if you did you'd get eaten trying to drag an M14 out.

who's to say that we need to go to the gun store....some of us are already prepared... haha

I did a similar thing. I created a contingency if there every was an outbreak. Lucky for my I live in a house with gates and a wall surrounding it, 2 super markets and 3 pubs a 5 minute walk away and theres a fully stocked gun shop a 15 minute drive away which also has horses (if i cant get a car lol).

I'd armour-ise my dads Range Rover drive to sainsburys and get all supplies needed for the long haul then once the world relises its all real drive off the the gun shop get myself a large range of shotguns and rifles.

Ive also got machetes, gas masks, various millitary kit, alot of IEDs well the knowledge on how to make them.

Once im all sorted with everything i need along with my family and a few friends we would make our way to my friends house in Oxfordshire where he has more shotguns and rifles, a large vegetable patch, land rover, a quad n all the same.

From here we'd set up 24hr guard positions on the roof using semi automatic .22 rifles, a minimum of 3 people at anyone time with sawn offs for back ups.

Possibly raid a milllitary base if nessicary like Bexleyheath or Chatham, maybe a police station for a couple G36s. But not really needed if you have a 6/9 shot semi automatic shotgun and sawn offs for a side arm lol!

I must say, I'd be much happier with one of THESE rather than any other weapon in a zombie apocalypse.

Good but, simply too slow

I'd want something more like one of these

http://www.forconstructionpros.com/images/...-Comparison.jpg

Cat 993, much faster, bigger, unstoppable. (size of a small house)

Remove ladders, weld metal sheets in place of where zombies can access cab, hell you could park and sleep in the thing. Diesel powered and most americans dont use diesel, yet its still available at almost every station (at least where I live). Cant even imagine them climbing the damn thing. Only thing to worry about is if it breaks down.

But think how cool this would be....

http://www.treeworld.info/attachments/f18/...work-546801.jpg

Good thing I work with machinery like the above everyday...

....dont know what the rest of you guys will do. :P

Archived