G&P sentry (vltor)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up one of these a few week ago.

Must agree with previous opinions really, great rifle with a 50/50 hop.

Gonna keep the hop unit stock for now and try a guarder clear + promy soft with a big out H nub and see what results I get.

FPS was 347 for reference.

Anyway does anyone know which way this barrel is threaded? Read two different things on different websites.

Is it -ve or +ve.

Every single G&P AR is 14mm positive - They don't even make negative threaded outer barrels. Whoever said negative was spouting rubbish, frankly :)

I'm using TM buckings and Bigout H nubs in both my current setups, using stock G&P hop units - They're practically lasers, one at 325 and one at 350fps.

A lot of the UK models have been coming out a bit hot for even woodland limits over here, which is probably G&P's only slight hitch lately... They tend to be between 340 and 380 from what i've seen, although some have been higher. I've been fairly lucky, but it's fairly simple to clip a coil off the spring if you need it suitable for CQB.

If you're getting anything re-threaded, i'd get the outer barrel changed to negative - There's a lot more variety of negative flashhiders and silencers available, so it'd probably be the sensible thing to do... One of G&P's few minor irritations unfortunately.

I don't think you can rethread an outer barrel from positive to negative thread. At least I've never done it. I just accept the fact that G&P like to be a PITA in that way, and buy an aftermarket barrel from another manufacturer in negative threading.

Is it just me, or is the fps wrong on this page with .25's..you guys are saying it chronos in at about 380 fps with .20 bb's now with .25 it shouldnt be that low or should it be?

Here have a look: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_219&products_id=31652

Mine gave 114m/s (374fps) and 101m/s (331fps) with 0.20 and 0.25 respectively, brand new. Used springs will vary.

look two posts up from your post

Ok got it one other thing would you rather, gumball of course get this or the TM Ak, like what would be more reliable, and also would putting a tightbore barrel and metal bushings/new spring be good enough for the TM AK? Oh and for this G&P would there be any of these upgrades needed to run a lipo or no?

I don't think you can rethread an outer barrel from positive to negative thread. At least I've never done it. I just accept the fact that G&P like to be a PITA in that way, and buy an aftermarket barrel from another manufacturer in negative threading.

No you can't.

Had the flash hider drilled out to 16mm and dropped in boiling water.

Then made up a 16mm jacket and put a 14mm positive thread in and dropped the jacket inside the flash hider and let it go cool and tight on the jacket.

Job done and you can't see it for that little silver ring on the barrel anyway.

Ok got it one other thing would you rather, gumball of course get this or the TM Ak, like what would be more reliable, and also would putting a tightbore barrel and metal bushings/new spring be good enough for the TM AK? Oh and for this G&P would there be any of these upgrades needed to run a lipo or no?

I personally have 2 aks and im building one from scratch, so im an ak guy by heart. Reliability, it depends on how you treat the gun really. A stock TM AK can last you a VERY long time with proper maintenance and im sure if you take care of the G&P it could also last you a while. Both companys are reliable ones so i cant really comment on which one is better and what not. I also cant comment if the GB is lipo ready and what it takes to make it so. If you were to upgrade the TM AK GB with those parts, and only those, then make sure you have a good AoE for the piston. One other thing you should take into account is if you decide to upgrade to make an AK tacticool then your selection of parts is limited comapred to AR type rifles. Also, there is two types of AK's, TM and VFC style, which may further limit you when you want to buy aftermarket parts.

Edited by Gumball