M14 GBB !

Airsoft_123

Well the statement that this is a WE is from a WE rep on Arms-cool, so....

WE did take a lot of flak from TW player about the brass bit, since TW players as I've noted on the GHK PDW thread tend to be quite a*al about the gun's realism in operation and look, even for parts that you can't see(we are talking about people who are picky with the shape of the hammer on a WA M4 and are willing to shell on "realistic looking" hammer set....). They probably felt enough of it that they want to address it....

The whole "WA" system term is over used, since it basically boils down to the lack of a seperate gas system with that brass tube showing. You can even say the System 7 KSC MP7 is "WA-like", since it uses a gas system with a floating nozzle thats contained in the bolt carrier just like WA M4. But that really is normal in GBB terms, if you just trade the bolt with a normal pistol slide. The mode of operation is exactly the same....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greg, there is more powder, more brass and more lead and copper in a 7.62 NATO than a 5.56 NATO, how can it NOT be more expensive to produce than the 5.56? :P

You misunderstand. I agree a 7.62 is more expensive. I just don't think the price difference, is a consideration, as to a choice of 7.62 over 5.56 when selecting an automatic weapon.

It's like saying I got a 9mm, not a .45, cos the ammo's cheaper. Maybe if you do a stack of target practice, you might, factor in running costs, but otherwise, I don't see it.

I certainly didn't think, 'best keep it on semi & save a few bucks. I'll have a full auto flurry on the 556 instead'. :huh: However, I did think I had more chance of landing subsequent full auto rounds, on target, with a 556. Especially, if fired from a G36. ;)

Oh, how we stray from the topic. :D

Greg.

Had one too many or something? :huh:

People were just guessing, so what's the problem.

Appearently somebody is mad because people "hoped" it was GHK.

e:

post relates to the first post, not the one right above)

Nah... you hope shall not be granted. :waggle:

"Mad"??... what have you been smoking? I think ppl are judging things based on facts & logic, not some hallucination. :rolleyes:

Nah... you hope shall not be granted. :waggle:

"Mad"??... what have you been smoking? I think ppl are judging things based on facts & logic, not some hallucination. :rolleyes:

WETTI,

Thanks for maintaining a presence here :) . Regarding the topic at hand, have you given any more thought to extending your M14 range to include more modern variants (EBR, JAE, Troy MCS, etc.)?

Looks very interesting coming from WE, means there will be aftermarket support, I just hope that its well and truly tested before release, so the problems with the 5.56 blowback system aren't transferred to the 7.62 blowback system, in this day and age there is no excuse for not making a gun that works out of the box, and if this does it, you sir have my money.

Personally I am all for it....Its a M14, is a totally different platform from AR, so I'll need to have new mags and everything for this anyway, in which case the system does not matter to me. I am too heavily invested in WA for my AR-platfom GBBR, so it would not make sense for me to switch on that front. But something new, sure.

Now here is hoping that it does not take multiple revision for the gun to work, and hope they'll make a SOCOM out of the box, or better yet, JAE M14..... :D

Now legitimate wishes shall be considered in the most serious manner. I agree with everything you said & our offering of the 'open-bolt' conversion kits for our existing platforms are just another way for us to show that we do care about our existing customers (as well as new ones) and we just simply offering a 2-in-1 package for every preferences on the market. That DOSE NOT mean that we will stop improving our existing system. The new system will just be another 'option' for those who wants it.

The M14 platform will not go thru the same 'agony' as that of our original M4 release. Pls understand that when our M4 was originally released, there were but 2 GBB systems on the market & like anything new, 'growing pains' resulted. Witness our AWSS SCAR, a platform with far fewer issues than the M4 since its release. The 4168 (basically the same M4 ssytem) has garnered pretty good reviews (on its performance & QC-control) from around the world since its release; a fact that shows the improvement of our M4 platform as a whole in its latest form. The M14 will be tested throughly & QC'd to death before its release to assure a smooth-running platform right out-of-box. Manufacturing is a continual learning process & we have indeed learned much from our previous endeavors. No less importance is the help & much constructive opinions/comments/criticism you good folks offer us along the way; and for that, I THANK YOU on behalf of all our us here at WE!

With regard to the after sales support (which admittedly has been less-than-satisfactory), we are currently in the process of entering into a cooperation with a major dealer in Europe to set us a 'Central Service Centre' for all our European customer. The centre's location is temporarily set for France. I will GUARANTEE here that this service centre will be stock full with all the necessary parts for all our platforms for warranty & retail sales. It will be just a phone call (or an online order) away from getting replacement parts for your WE guns. Of course this 'service centre' will also offer the necessary warranty & repair services for all our customers in Europe.

I hope these are some good news to you all. :) (Mind you.... MORE exciting news are pending, not rifle-related though ;) )

WETTI

WETTI,

Thanks for maintaining a presence here :) . Regarding the topic at hand, have you given any more thought to extending your M14 range to include more modern variants (EBR, JAE, Troy MCS, etc.)?

The answer to that question is a definite "YES" ;) (I myself WANT a GBB EBR BADLY!! :P )

Here are a few 'variants' under considerations at the moment & while we're at it, may be we should start a poll on what are the most preferred variants of the M14 platform (& no one can say WE don't listen to our customers no more :rolleyes: )....

- EBR MK14 MOD 1

- SOCOM 16

- SOCOM II

- Original real wood stock version

if what you say holds up and that M14 works right out the box and (with proper care and maintainance) continues to work out of the box for a long time I'll be picking me up a WE M14 for sure.

seeming as WETTI is reading this post, does anyone know what the key weak points on the existing platform are? IIRC the pot metal trigger sets break a lot. And for WETTI moar kick plz XD

I think an EBR would be so heavy it would negate the effects of recoil and almost make it like the tremors system that has come out. I'd be for a SOCOM 16, but then again I would much rather have a G36 GBB than an M14.

THAT is a prayer worth listening to.... ;) (Trust me.... you WILL be pleasantly surprised, my friend! :P )

I think an EBR would be so heavy it would negate the effects of recoil and almost make it like the tremors system that has come out. I'd be for a SOCOM 16, but then again I would much rather have a G36 GBB than an M14.

Agreed Socom 16 is nice, the Socom 2 is too tricked out. Will also put in my vote for a 417 (you don't know till you ask)

Agreed Socom 16 is nice, the Socom 2 is too tricked out. Will also put in my vote for a 417 (you don't know till you ask)

Yeah I didn't like the rail system to much but I have a friend who is crazy for it with the VLTOR carbine stock..

Socom 16. That will probably be the best seller of all the variants due to the weight and size of it being the most versatile of the group. As much as I like the JAE stock, it's a niche gun. The Socom 16 and the original M14 should probably take precedence over all others (IMHO).

Definitely test the heck out of the gun. When you think you've tested it enough: You haven't. Get the gun in the hands of people that skirmish hard with the guns. Getting the gun as rock solid as possible will help with future sales and build a customer base. Making a gun that works for a short period and then fails, will garner more headaches and people whining at you on public forums, and more money in warranty repairs than spending a few thousand more to get it right in the first place. I wish you good luck in this product. I'd really like to buy a GBB Socom 16 ... so long as it works out of the box. ;)

I am the only one kind of dissapointed by the fact this is a WE? To me "WE" means VERY limited aftermarket parts. (Just look at the M4, there are maybe two receiver sets for it; three if you count the trademarked one made by WE themselves.)

I was really hoping this M14 system could be used by companies like Inokatsu or Real Sword to make 'high-end' versions of the gun. (Like they are currently doing with the WA M4 system.)

WETTI, have you considered working with a company like Inokatsu or Real Sword to get 'high end' parts made for the gun? (I mention Inokatsu and Real Sword because I know they both have forging abilities. [The real USGI M14 receiver is forged; as are other parts of it.]) Maybe you could allow other companies to make parts like steel receivers, bolts, charging handles, barrel assemblies, etc.

Whether the parts are sold as a kit or as a complete 'enhanced' model really doesn't matter, as long is there is some option to have a "high-end" M14 I would certainly buy one and I'm sure many others would as well. Right now I am on the fence about buying this because I really don't see it 'going' anywhere. (By that I mean I don't see huge numbers of aftermarket parts becming availible.) I don't think I would be happy with an alluminum/pot metal M14 that should be all steel.

-OGGY

I know the JAE isnt for everyone, I just wished there was a way for me to have one for airsoft, without paying outrageous amounts of money. Agreed on the testing bit there as well. As much as I want one of these, Ive seen the first run of just about every GBB rifle design have far too many problems for me to jump right in. So Ill wait to hear some reviews. Which is horrible, because I want one so badly!

Archived