ARES G36 vs CA G36

Cosmitz

After scouring the net and placing ads all over, i'm gonna take the bite and cough up a nice chunk of change for one of the two. The ARES G36 is pretty much out of stock everywhere, and where it is not, it's priced the same as a Classic Army. So in the end, i have to make a choice between them.

I've heard very good things about the Ares externals, plus functioning bolt catch/lock, which tip the scales favorably to its side. The CA comes stock without a bipod, something i'll need to buy to make my MG36 project, and also as far as i've read, the externals compared to the ARES are a bit lacking. Both of them come with small issues out of the box and internal-wise i'll take what i can get, since i know i'll have to upgrade them either way.

So.. which one?

PS: If you guys can find me an ARES G36 in stock at around 200-250$ then you'll solve my dilemma instantly. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brrr. Wouldn't have another CA G36 myself. Considered the SRC? Supposed to be very good.

Hm.. never crossed my mind, looking for reviews on it now. Can you give me a breakdown in regards to external quality to the CA?

My pesonal experience of the two ares guns i've worked on (ump and '36) were terrible. Externals are nice and they show innovation in areas but the internals are shocking

K_K

Internals are not a problem, since i will upgrade. If they would last atleast 2-3 months, i'm good.

FYI, new CA G36 have 400fps, 8mm bearings, metal hopup chamber, metal bolt handle, blowback and functional bolt catch.

Any way to difference between the old/new model? A link would be helpful.

I've got 3 CA G36's, never missed a beat. Had a mate who ran one as a 500fps semi only sniper, for years with stock internals, just a big spring, a fet & a 12v.

However, they have a bad rep in the last few years.

Isn't, 'Jing Gong' (or whatever) the one that everyone rates these days?

Greg.

Jing Gong's are ok-ish, but i know there is a significant difference between ACM and QC-companies. If i wanted it to just 'run', i would have bought a JG, but since i want it to really be nice, external-wise, i'm upping both my expectations and my cash limit.

Think redwolf had Ares g36s for cheap a few weeks back - dunno if they still have them at that price though!

I only have experience with CA G36Ks, have 2 of them bought in late 2005 and early 2006, to summarize;

- Quite impressed with the externals, I know some people have complained about them being weak, but I've not found this to be the case

-The first one I got had quite a low fps, about the same as a stock TM, dunno if this is due to a weaker spring or what.

- The moters are probably worth replacing I don't get a terrific rof.

I have a g36k foregrip from an ARES g36k, and its alot nicer then the aftermarket g36 bits that they used to make, which where *fruitcage* horrible.

If I was going to get another g36, it would be the TM G36K, that may be worth a go, but I dunno how the barrel is set up so I dunno if you could whack a full length barrel one like you can with a CA/ARES g36, if I wanted a straight up g36 I'd see if I could find an ARES on the cheap, if the gearbox is gash, JG etc v3 boxes are not that expensive.

External wise, look at either the CA or the SRC both have really nice finishes. As for the internals the src has only just been released in the uk but apart from the hop is a great gun. Not had a problem with my CA 36 with regards to internals.

The JG is a tank of a gun i would go as far to say its the new famas... Had one for going on 3 years totally stock nothing wrong with it, performs and keeps on performing. Yea the externals are not as nice as the above mentioned CA or SRC but its cheaper by far than the CA and around £30 cheaper than the SRC equivalent.

I'm having a bit of problems finding the SRC up for sale in shops... A quick google revealed just Airsplat, which for us EU, is useless, and after searching all the usual Asia-shops (wgc/redwolf/rsov/gunner/tokyomodel/ehobby), i came up with squat. Did a search on some eu shops aswell (airsofthq.at, gunfire, begadi, taiwangun) with the same result.

Any help?

I've got 3 CA G36's, never missed a beat. Had a mate who ran one as a 500fps semi only sniper, for years with stock internals, just a big spring, a fet & a 12v.

However, they have a bad rep in the last few years.

Isn't, 'Jing Gong' (or whatever) the one that everyone rates these days?

Greg.

Do not get the JG at all costs.

I rate Jing Gong for offering a solid package for excellent value.

However I guess if one is particularly picky about the small, extra details like trades etc, its probably down to brands like SRC, ARES and CA.

Someone recently did a review of the ARES G36. While I'm not a fan of STAR/ARES guns given far too many horror stories of their build quality and how they mucked the TAR21, esp the MARS sight up, their G36 seems to be ok. Theres a review by GoLgO_13 on the ARES G36 here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=181659&hl=

ares tar 21 seems to be pretty good, although yeah the mars sight is supposed to suck pretty hard, sure you're not confusing it with the tsi?

No. the TSI disappointly turned out to be even worse.

When the ARES TAR21 was launched I know several peope in UK who were given free ones as wall hangers after brand spanking new TAR21s were found to be non-operational right out of the box.

Then again, what is the problem with a nice AUG or L86 if one wants a bullpup. Real Sword's Type 97 would beat any airsoft TAR21 hands down.

Greg, the only real problem I had with the JG G36 was that the hopup and the gas block piece that the outer barrel screwed onto and the hop was held onto, was not the most sturdy. The outer barrel bit broke off from the rest of it, so did the area that held the hop in. I had to source a new one, but my 2nd JG G36 (which is a C) seems to be holding up well in that area. Then again I installed a TM hop into the 1st one and that broke too.

Anyways given that the breakages occured on my G36K, it could partially be due to the stresses of having a longer and unsupported outer barrel that got banged about, so I'm monitoring my G36C and so far its been good.

I have no need for another G36, so wont, but could you give a few details for anyone who may be interested?

Greg.

Where to start with these POS....

The plastic is cheap n nasty ( far worse then the TM shiny stuff ), it is very brittle internally, too many crushed hop units or broken outter barrels / gas blocks.

The metal used in contruction is soft and deforms way too easy.

The body screws them self are soft metal and deform under the smallest pressure.

The body pins are pot metal and any ammount of force will cause heads to snap off ect.

It uses a large truck spring for power so looking at about 350fps out the box with a 3/4 cylinder ( large spring to over come the airloss, would guess this would hit 400fps easy with full cylinder )

The motor is of poor quality.

The wire is even worse imho.

Has i found out, bits from one JG are not guaranteed to work with another, case in point the gas block / outter barrel part from one of the JG's i worked on didn't fit right in another, only one of the screw holes lined up.

FYI, had through my hands 5 JG's G36c (Four gone, 1 being stripped for parts), 2 CA G36c (Still Got One) and one TM G36 (Still got)

The quality control on the JG's is horrid and quiet frankly I would advise anyone to look else where eg CA or TM or the SRC if you can get them.

I could carry on but it would read more and more has a rant then anything.....

I have worked on JG, STAR, TM, CA and KWA G36's and owned several of those brands.

I rate the KWA the best all round.

I have taken to bits my Classic Army G36 and have to say I saw nothing there that gave me any concerns. Gun has an issue at present but I have that nailed down to my uprated Pro Win hop unit not liking my Star auto C mag. Gun works great with other mags.

Classic Army are fine. TM are fine, JG are a bit wobbly...

To be honest, I would be happy with just about any of them as I can fix them.

I would be tempted by the TM G36K at the moment or an SRC.

Just because...

I'd also agree with what Apex said about some of the stock screws and body pins.

Regarding the gas block however, I've found that it is the TM one that does not fit on the JG, not the other way around. In fact, given how the gas block is actually comprised of 2 plastic halves that fit together and then a metal bit screwed over it, I am currently running a TM metal bit on a JG plastic bit, and a JG metal bit on a TM plastic bit, and the screw holes lined up fine in both cases.

Then again, its value for money. I got my K for £80 and my C for £60. Good quality body pins are easily replaced, I've never had any issues with the motors or gearboxes on both of my JGs,

No. the TSI disappointly turned out to be even worse.

When the ARES TAR21 was launched I know several peope in UK who were given free ones as wall hangers after brand spanking new TAR21s were found to be non-operational right out of the box.

Really? I would of thought they'd of posted about it on the internet or something, the tavor thread in the review section does point out some small flaws but on the whole the responce seems to be positive, but there you go.

Also, I'm guessing people wanted a tavor not cause they wanted a nice bullpup, but cause they wanted a tavor, and not a famas, aug, etc.

Good quality body pins are easily replaced, I've never had any issues with the motors or gearboxes on both of my JGs,

Not the point, out the box the CA and TM have been far better and not had to replace the pins / screws on these.

Why should I have to spend money on something that is brand new ?

Not the point, out the box the CA and TM have been far better and not had to replace the pins / screws on these.

Why should I have to spend money on something that is brand new ?

To be fair, whats a TM or a Classic Army G36 going to run you now at the moment? £250? A JG would be around £110 and an SRC around £130.

Punkys point was for the price she paid, factoring a few small parts is a small price compared to the over all saving.

A valid point I believe.

Ahhhh, some time has passed since I got to bash the CA one last time! :)

!Warning. Angry and biased text ahead!

Firstly and most importantly, the CA36 series is utter *badger*s and the guys responsible for the material choice should be given a big bottle of vaseline and a full length G36 to go with it. That's pretty much all you need to know, unless you want to read my further biased complaints.

The material:

Okay, it feels sturdy and nice at first. Most reviews and new owners you see claim stroking the gun is the best thing after sex. You might lose the charging handle after a few rackings, okay, it's plastic. It's after this that the series of dissapointments start. Personally I first cracked my CA36K stock by dropping it on my bed from 30cm above. Then went my handguard, the gun tripped while leaned against a wall. The whole stuff is one big, bubbly foam, much like pot metal but in plastic form.

Then went my pistol grip in my new CA36C (linky). My mate lost his CA36 carrying handle after hitting it with his arm gently. The newest farce is losing my CA36C rail carry handle front rails last week, while removing the front sight. I've seen cracked bodies and magwells.

Internals:

Well, they are typical CA stuff. Not good, not bad. I couldn't get my CA mechbox fit in my TM pistol grip and visa versa. Both my CA36 series guns had nozzles badly vast at the tip. My older gun had the great old CA gears, the newer one had the cheaper gears CA puts in their guns nowadays (panzergraf knows more of this). The pistons have held fine in other guns I use. The motors are the usual awful CA motors with bad trigger response.

I know I'm going to be bashed again by the hardcore CA36 fanboys, but go ahead. No matter what, I have no confidence in the awfull ###### called CA36/K/C and never will anymore.

Haven't seen an ARES G36 external part fail yet. Doesn't mean they don't break though, the guns are just more uncommon.

I love a heated debate as much as the next guy.. but:

I'm having a bit of problems finding the SRC up for sale in shops... A quick google revealed just Airsplat, which for us EU, is useless, and after searching all the usual Asia-shops (wgc/redwolf/rsov/gunner/tokyomodel/ehobby), i came up with squat. Did a search on some eu shops aswell (airsofthq.at, gunfire, begadi, taiwangun) with the same result.

Any help?

The issue still stands. ARES are out of stock all over as i've found out, CA as far as i've read aren't really that up to spec for what i want to convert to a heavy-duty LMG to lug around and also quite a bit more expensive and I cannot for the life of me find the SRC in any other shops besides airsplat.

Archived